Shouldn’t you have the most weapons possible in my arsenal against diabetes? You’re darn right you should. Blood Glucose Supplements to lower blood sugar are another option in the task in controlling your blood sugar. Let’s explore which ones:
Which Blood Glucose Supplements Lower Blood Sugar?
The fact of the matter is there are so many supplements out there. So you need to know which are beneficial for controlling blood sugar. I’ll discuss the top nutritional supplements for diabetes here.
First off, let’s remember that you should consult with your physician before taking any supplement for any reason. It pays to be safe. Let the doctor know what you plan on taking. It’s extremely important.
They will advise you just to make sure that there are no conflicts with any medication that you are currently on. I’m just going to put things into simple terms that are understandable and let you decide. Deal? Ok then…
Supplements for Blood Sugar Control – Pick & Choose
It is necessary for proper metabolism. In addition chromium is a big contributor to level blood sugar levels.
Magnesium is responsible for numerous chemical reactions in your body which is why it supports blood sugar levels too. It accomplishes this by increasing insulin sensitivity and therefore supporting glucose in a healthy state as well. I take magnesium at night to get better sleep too.
Again like magnesium, the seeds of the fenugreek plant aid in slowing of digestion and carbohydrate absorption and help stimulate insulin.
It’s not only good for blood sugar, it has other health benefits as well.
This extract of milk thistle that has antioxidants is another supplement that can aid in lowering blood sugar and can even help with losing weight.
This not only is an excellent source for many health issues, but can be a factor in reducing insulin resistance as well.
Check Out the Video for Additional Supplements to Lower your Blood Sugar
Turmeric can help increase the effects of your diabetes medication. You must be careful with hypoglycemia (low blood sugar). I take turmeric every morning because it has many health benefits too such as being an anti inflammatory and lowering your risk of heart disease.
Alpha Lipoic Acid
Your body’s tissues and organs need to be protected from free radicals and this will not only do that with its antioxidants, it aids in converting glucose into energy for your cells. Again, alpha lipoic acid helps to increase the insulin sensitivity.
This one is extremely important for you! I take 1000 IU of vitamin D3 everyday. This vitamin is probably the most important vitamin for your health because 75 % of U.S. people are deficient in vitamin D, which is nicknamed the sunshine vitamin because we get vitamin D from the sun.
This is one reason for everything from heart disease to cancer and diabetes, according to recent studies. Most people don’t get their vitamin D levels checked and I can tell you that other than taking vitamin B-12? This is the one and ONLY other vitamin that I take because it IS that important.
These supplements can all help your blood pressure. This is important especially when you have diabetes. A few other natural supplements to regulate your blood sugars are vitamin B-6 and B-3. Add to that alpha-lipid acid (mentioned above), which is an antioxidant made by the body. It helps make energy and reduces nerve damage caused by diabetes. This can be a huge benefit for diabetes and neuropathy.
Bitter Gourd also helps in the quest of regulating blood sugars. The Chinese have used it for centuries. And Chromium Polynicotinate is an organic mineral that’s essential for the metabolism of carbohydrates, protein and fat. It also restores blood glucose balance.
The next step is to choose which supplements I want to try and discuss it with my physician. THAT is what is important! Now, just because my physician may say it’s ok to try, doesn’t mean that I don’t follow instructions. I read the labels. I don’t want interactions with my diabetes medication. Also, I don’t have to take a zillion supplements, I exercise and I sleep well. I want to have open my eyes to visions of a new day.
Read the Labels, Please?
Like anything else you take, read the labels. I NEVER take more that the dosage suggested on the label. If I miss taking it one time, I let it go. Do NOT double up on the next one. It’s common sense. Only buy the smallest amount of a supplement to see if it agrees with you (with no side effects) and to find out if the particular one that you picked is helping to lower my blood sugar. I can also choose others if that’s the case. No sense in wasting money.
How is Diabetes Affecting my Life Right now?
Only I know how long I’ve had diabetes. How has it changed my life? I thought about it. I sat down and wrote a list. Think. What other health issue might I have that affects my diabetes? To be honest? For me, one thing has been the weight issue. I’ve been on the roller coaster forever.
So, at the top of my list is proper eating and more exercise, such as bicycle riding or riding my foldable exercise bike and I work to keep belly fat to a minimum. It MUST be a permanent lifestyle change. Otherwise, once I give up (NOT ALLOWED), I would go right back to where I started and then some.
I Stopped Looking at Others and Being Envious or Jealous
Unless being envious is an additional incentive to change my life and get to where I would be happy and healthy. But jealousy? Nope. Again, not permitted. That’s what life’s all about. I know, you want to be happier and controlling diabetes and it’s side effects may hold you back from living the happiest life you can and deserve! That’s why I’m here now to help you. Choose your food wisely too.
Goals and Dreams – What are they?
Everyone has goals. Everyone has dreams. I write them down and read them everyday. Out loud. I don’t forget. Think positive. Use common sense.
I don’t keep my head stuck up in the dream cloud without doing something each and everyday to reach and fulfill my dreams. There is only one way to get ANYTHING accomplished>>>>>>> A-C-T-I-O-N!
Final Thoughts about Blood Glucose Supplements
And if these supplements still aren’t enough, the one below is the best for lowering blood sugars bar none. Blood glucose supplements are great additions when you need extra help with getting those blood sugars down. You can choose any one of these to help you get your sugars down, but the absolute best supplement is right below.
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight loss and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- Excellent Accuracy: metene TD-4116 blood glucose meter and strips are produced with industry-leading chips and biosensor, equipped with industry-leading technologies, conducive to get accurate and reliable measurements
- No Coding: The blood sugar meter gets into measure status automatically once insert the blood sugar test strip to the bottom of the slot, easy to use and easy to read with large display for the senior
- Fast and Reduce Pain: This blood glucose monitor takes just 7s and 0.7µl blood to get the glucose value; The lancing device has 5 depth options to minimize wound and reduce pain
- Better Data Management: This glucometer stores the newest 450 blood glucose values and display the continuous 14/21/28/60/90 day average; the measurements could be exported with windows-based software; help you track and manage your blood glucose better
- Diabetes Testing Kit 207 Piece Set: 100 glucometer strips, 100 30G lancets, 1 blood sugar meter, 1 lancing device, 1 control solution, 2 batteries, 1 protective wallet and 1 user manual; Please feel free to contact us if any problem when using this Diabetes testing kit
- Support cardiovascular health & blood sugar levels with the PurePremium blood sugar support dietary supplement, which contains essential vitamins, minerals and herbs.
- Support healthy glucose metabolism by adding our all-natural heart health supplement to your diet. Our advanced cardiovascular support capsules contain cinnamon, mulberry, vitamin c, vitamin e, magnesium, zinc, licorice root extract and manganese.
- Support blood cholesterol levels and make sure that your heart is healthy and strong. Support healthy insulin function and bolster your immune system against harmful free radicals.
- Our easy-to-swallow capsules support healthy glucose levels and your metabolism at the same time.
- Formulated in the USA. Every PurePremium product comes from an inspected, and GMP certified facility right here in the USA.
- INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS. Insufficient blood applied to test strip will result in wrong readings. Please hold the lancing device firmly against your fingertip for enough sample. Watch our instructional videos in our listings to optimize your testing results. Our friendly customer support will always be here to answer your questions and help to resolve your concerns. (30 Day Money Back Guarantee)
- EXCEEDS INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS. AUVON BGMs can function within ±10%, or ±10 mg/dl of laboratory values over 95% of the time, which is far beyond ISO 15197:2013 passing standard (within ±15% or ±15 mg/dl). The manufacturer is certified with CE mark, GMP, ISO 13485:2016, and ISO 15197:2013 without having any recall on the market in the past 14 years.
- CUTTING-EDGE TEST STRIPS. We use cutting-edge test strips enzymes for blood glucose measurements. Our test strips are produced with unique Automatic Carbon Printing Technique to ensure that the quality of each batch of strips could be relevantly much more stable, precise and accurate. Additionally, PROMISED 0.15USD/pcs would keep you no pressure to repurchase.
- KEEP TRACK OF DATA. Store your test results with time and date helps you track and manage your health while also keeping a continuous 7/14/30 average results. Automatic off means our device works longer without having to worry about wasting battery life.
- ALL IN ONE: 1 x AUVON DS-W Blood Glucose Monitor, 1 x battery, 50 x Blood Test Strips, 50 x 30 gauge Lancets, 1 x Lancing device, 1 x Meter User Guide, 1 x Test Strip User Guide, Our Exclusive Lifetime Warranty and Technical Support and Friendly Customer Service.
Last update on 2021-05-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API