Shouldn’t you have the most weapons possible in my arsenal against diabetes? You’re darn right you should. Blood Glucose Supplements to lower blood sugar are another option in the task in controlling your blood sugar. Let’s explore which ones:
Which Blood Glucose Supplements Lower Blood Sugar?
The fact of the matter is there are so many supplements out there. So you need to know which are beneficial for controlling blood sugar. I’ll discuss the top nutritional supplements for diabetes here.
First off, let’s remember that you should consult with your physician before taking any supplement for any reason. It pays to be safe. Let the doctor know what you plan on taking. It’s extremely important.
They will advise you just to make sure that there are no conflicts with any medication that you are currently on. I’m just going to put things into simple terms that are understandable and let you decide. Deal? Ok then…
Supplements for Blood Sugar Control – Pick & Choose
It is necessary for proper metabolism. In addition chromium is a big contributor to level blood sugar levels.
Magnesium is responsible for numerous chemical reactions in your body which is why it supports blood sugar levels too. It accomplishes this by increasing insulin sensitivity and therefore supporting glucose in a healthy state as well. I take magnesium at night to get better sleep too.
Again like magnesium, the seeds of the fenugreek plant aid in slowing of digestion and carbohydrate absorption and help stimulate insulin.
It’s not only good for blood sugar, it has other health benefits as well.
This extract of milk thistle that has antioxidants is another supplement that can aid in lowering blood sugar and can even help with losing weight.
This not only is an excellent source for many health issues, but can be a factor in reducing insulin resistance as well.
Check Out the Video for Additional Supplements to Lower your Blood Sugar
Turmeric can help increase the effects of your diabetes medication. You must be careful with hypoglycemia (low blood sugar). I take turmeric every morning because it has many health benefits too such as being an anti inflammatory and lowering your risk of heart disease.
Alpha Lipoic Acid
Your body’s tissues and organs need to be protected from free radicals and this will not only do that with its antioxidants, it aids in converting glucose into energy for your cells. Again, alpha lipoic acid helps to increase the insulin sensitivity.
This one is extremely important for you! I take 1000 IU of vitamin D3 everyday. This vitamin is probably the most important vitamin for your health because 75 % of U.S. people are deficient in vitamin D, which is nicknamed the sunshine vitamin because we get vitamin D from the sun.
This is one reason for everything from heart disease to cancer and diabetes, according to recent studies. Most people don’t get their vitamin D levels checked and I can tell you that other than taking vitamin B-12? This is the one and ONLY other vitamin that I take because it IS that important.
These supplements can all help your blood pressure. This is important especially when you have diabetes. A few other natural supplements to regulate your blood sugars are vitamin B-6 and B-3. Add to that alpha-lipid acid (mentioned above), which is an antioxidant made by the body. It helps make energy and reduces nerve damage caused by diabetes. This can be a huge benefit for diabetes and neuropathy.
Bitter Gourd also helps in the quest of regulating blood sugars. The Chinese have used it for centuries. And Chromium Polynicotinate is an organic mineral that’s essential for the metabolism of carbohydrates, protein and fat. It also restores blood glucose balance.
The next step is to choose which supplements I want to try and discuss it with my physician. THAT is what is important! Now, just because my physician may say it’s ok to try, doesn’t mean that I don’t follow instructions. I read the labels. I don’t want interactions with my diabetes medication. Also, I don’t have to take a zillion supplements, I exercise and I sleep well. I want to have open my eyes to visions of a new day.
Read the Labels, Please?
Like anything else you take, read the labels. I NEVER take more that the dosage suggested on the label. If I miss taking it one time, I let it go. Do NOT double up on the next one. It’s common sense. Only buy the smallest amount of a supplement to see if it agrees with you (with no side effects) and to find out if the particular one that you picked is helping to lower my blood sugar. I can also choose others if that’s the case. No sense in wasting money.
How is Diabetes Affecting my Life Right now?
Only I know how long I’ve had diabetes. How has it changed my life? I thought about it. I sat down and wrote a list. Think. What other health issue might I have that affects my diabetes? To be honest? For me, one thing has been the weight issue. I’ve been on the roller coaster forever.
So, at the top of my list is proper eating and more exercise, such as bicycle riding or riding my foldable exercise bike and I work to keep belly fat to a minimum. It MUST be a permanent lifestyle change. Otherwise, once I give up (NOT ALLOWED), I would go right back to where I started and then some.
I Stopped Looking at Others and Being Envious or Jealous
Unless being envious is an additional incentive to change my life and get to where I would be happy and healthy. But jealousy? Nope. Again, not permitted. That’s what life’s all about. I know, you want to be happier and controlling diabetes and it’s side effects may hold you back from living the happiest life you can and deserve! That’s why I’m here now to help you. Choose your food wisely too.
Goals and Dreams – What are they?
Everyone has goals. Everyone has dreams. I write them down and read them everyday. Out loud. I don’t forget. Think positive. Use common sense.
I don’t keep my head stuck up in the dream cloud without doing something each and everyday to reach and fulfill my dreams. There is only one way to get ANYTHING accomplished>>>>>>> A-C-T-I-O-N!
Final Thoughts about Blood Glucose Supplements
And if these supplements still aren’t enough, the one below is the best for lowering blood sugars bar none. Blood glucose supplements are great additions when you need extra help with getting those blood sugars down. You can choose any one of these to help you get your sugars down, but the absolute best supplement is right below.
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Rothchild, Sascha (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 336 Pages - 04/19/2022 (Publication Date) - G.P. Putnam's Sons (Publisher)
- ✅ QUICK AND EASY TO USE: Care Touch blood sugar test kit delivers results in only 5 seconds with just a 0.5µL blood sample. There is no programming needed since our blood sugar monitor kit automatically recognizes batch codes encrypted on Care Touch glucose test strips. Our state-of-the-art glucometer kit with strips and lancets includes single-touch strip ejection, so you can hygienically remove used diabetic test strips.
- ✅ EASY DIABETIC MONITORING: The blood sugar monitor kit with strips is capable of saving up to 300 readings. The blood glucose test kit also provides a continuous 14-day average of your readings, making glucose monitoring easy for you and your healthcare provider.
- ✅ PORTABLE AND HASSLE-FREE: The diabetic testing kit comes with a handy glucometer case, which means you can check your blood sugar level at home or anywhere else while staying organized. The 10-depth lancing device and lancets will help make blood sugar testing almost painless and hassle-free.
- ✅ COMPLETE DIABETIC SET: The glucose meter kit with strips and lancets includes: (1) Care Touch Blood Sugar Meter, (100) Blood Glucose Test Strips for diabetes, (1) Lancing Device, (100) Lancets for diabetes testing, (1) 3 Volt Lithium Battery, (1) Glucose meter case for your blood sugar tester and diabetic supplies
- ✅ WE CARE BECAUSE YOU CARE: You care about your health, and we care about you. Care Touch is committed to providing the best quality blood glucose monitoring systems. Our care doesn’t end when your sugar tester diabetes kit arrives at your door. We’re fully dedicated to your satisfaction. If you have any questions or concerns about your glucose monitor kit with strips and lancets - contact us at any time.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- PUREHEALTH RESEARCH - Blood Sugar Formula 3 Bottles
- MANUFACTURED in the USA! 365-DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!
- A DOCTOR-APPROVED NATURAL FORMULA. Seventeen potent ingredients, each scientifically proven to have a significant effect at helping balance your glucose levels, improve glucose sensitivity, protect delicate cells from free radicals, and energy
- HIGH POTENCY. PureHealth Research experts scientifically enhance CHROMIUM with the Vitamin C, E, Mulberry Leaf, Bitter Melon, Cinnamon, L-Taurine, Berberin and other ingredients which are proven to help you support healthy blood glucose levels
- ONE CAPSULE DAILY, THREE BENEFITS: supports healthy sugar and carb absorption, supports insulin levels, supports cardiovascular health
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency support for 365 days a year; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health; daily support for healthy blood glucose levels, 365 days a year
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
Last update on 2022-06-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API