Sugar Free Ice Cream for Diabetics can be an awesome dessert when you have diabetes. These desserts melt in your mouth and will exude various flavors while also cooling the body and mind. Ice cream has become the staple food for weight loss in summer and can help us bravely face the scorching climate. We cannot do without this cold and delicious delicacy.
But it’s so unfortunate for diabetics because they are restricted. Usually, people with diabetes are discouraged from eating all sugar-containing and sweetened products. Diabetes is a disease in which the human body cannot produce sufficient amounts of insulin or cannot respond to the produced insulin. This leads to abnormally high blood sugar levels, leading to a deterioration of overall health.
For people with diabetes, following a healthy diet is the key. They should avoid refined flour, processed foods, sugar and eat nutritious foods rich in fiber. While following a low-sugar diet, sweets such as ice cream are taboo for people with diabetes.
They have to miss the happiness of licking and to swallow this delicacy, which is not fair, which improves the senses and makes us forget the bad weather even for some time. Therefore, I dug up a fantastic recipe for delicious ice cream from nutritious food and wait for it-sugar free!
1) Chocolate Peanut Butter Frozen Custard
This is an excellent choice for people on a hardcore keto diet. This luxurious custard has extra cream and grass-fed butter, and each serving contains 32 grams of fat (if you are not on keto, you may need to limit your intake). Because of all these extra fats, this has a creamier taste than most of its kind.
- Per 2/3 cup: 350 calories
- Fat: 32 grams
- Total carbohydrates: 9g
- Total sugar: 2.6 g
- Add sugar: 0 grams
- Sugar alcohol: 8 grams
- Protein: 4 grams
Enlightened + Delish’s Keto series is another dessert explicitly designed for low-carb dieters, offering interesting flavors including mint brownie, red velvet and pumpkin cheesecake. This light and smooth flavor with a little cookie and brownie dough hit our taste buds.
- Per 2/3 cup: 260 calories
- Fat: 24 grams
- Carbohydrates: 13 grams
- Total sugar: 1g
- Sugar alcohol: 12 grams
- Protein: 5 grams
3) Rebel Keto Ice Cream
The sturdy ice cream series produced by Rebel Creamery includes 14 types of ice cream without added sugar. They are designed for low-carb, high-fat ketogenic diets, but you don’t have to rely on keto to enjoy these delicacies.
These products are made with complete ingredients such as cream and eggs to maintain ordinary ice cream’s texture and taste. They are rich in sugar alcohols and natural sugar substitutes, such as stevia and monk fruit. Stevia and monk fruit, two zero-calorie sweeteners derived from plants, are some of the most popular sugar substitutes.
Remember, this product has higher fat and calorie content than other low-sugar brands.
Each 1/2 cup (68g) of Rebel Mint Chip Ice Cream provides:
- Protein-2 grams
- Carbohydrates-12 grams
- Sugar-0 grams
- Fiber-3 grams
- Sugar alcohol-8 grams
4) No Sugar Added, Vanilla, Chocolate and Strawberry Ice Cream
This old-school Neapolitan strawberry, chocolate and vanilla bucket has something for everyone in the family. The sweetener containing maltitol syrup and a small amount of Splenda can be used in almost any diet and consumes only 110 calories per serving.
- Every 2/3 cup: 110 calories;
- Fat; 4 grams
- Carbohydrates: 17 grams
- Sugar: 4 grams
- Add sugar: 0 grams
- Sugar alcohol: 8 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
This brand offers light ice cream, non-dairy ice cream, non-dairy bar, and even lactose-free ice cream, which means everyone can find the real thing. Their mint and chocolate chip cookie flavours contain only 90 calories per serving and contain three grams of fiber to keep you full.
- Per half cup: 90 calories
- Fat-2.5 grams
- Carbohydrates-13 grams
- Sodium-70 mg
- Fiber-3 grams
- Protein-2 grams
Exercise your Way to Better Health!
6) Strawberry-Banana Yogurt Ice-Cream Recipe
Strawberry banana ice cream formula is rich in nutritious fruits, seeds and nuts to ensure a healthy diet. A little honey, no extra sugar, increases the natural sweetness of bananas and stimulates people’s sugar cravings with diabetes.
- 6 plastic glasses
- 6 strawberries
- 10 bananas
- 1 tablespoon of mixed seeds (pumpkin seeds and flax seeds are great for lowering blood sugar levels)
- 1 tablespoon walnuts
- 5 cups low-fat yoghurt
- 6 teaspoons honey
- 6 wooden ice cream sticks
- Step 1-Grind the fruits, seeds and walnuts in a blender with some water until they are crushed into small pieces but not completely dissolved.
- Step 2-Add yogurt, 1 teaspoon of honey to each glass, and then add the fruit and seed mixture to the glass.
- Step 3-Mix them together thoroughly and cover the glass with thick foil.
- Step 4-Tear off the aluminum foil, insert the ice cream stick and paste it into the ice cream mixture.
- Step 5-Put the glass in the refrigerator and wait for it to freeze.
Tip: You can also use store-bought ice cream containers with lids and sticks.
Fruits contain natural sugars, which will increase the total carbohydrate intake. Therefore, if you observe carbohydrate intake or blood sugar levels, you should eat less or choose other ice creams.
Choosing the Right Sugar-Free Ice Cream
Choosing the right sugar-free or low-sugar ice cream depends on your dietary goals and personal taste. If you want to improve blood sugar control, pay attention to the total carbohydrate content.
Regardless of the source, carbohydrates can cause blood sugar to rise. It may also be worthwhile to buy nutrients rich in protein and fiber, as these nutrients can help minimize potential blood sugar rises.
If you want to count calories, choose the ice cream with the lowest calorie content. These options are usually low in fat because fat contains more calories than other macronutrients.
If you focus on food quality, be sure to pay close attention to its ingredients. In some cases, regular ice cream contains more nutrient-dense whole foods than sugar-free alternatives.
Many low-sugar or sugar-free ice creams tend to have many additives, such as preservatives, gums, artificial colours, and stabilizers, to achieve a similar appearance and consistency to conventional ice creams.
Although these sweeteners may have their shortcomings, for example, if you consume too much, gastrointestinal symptoms such as gas or bloating may occur. For example, excess sugar alcohol (such as xylitol) or chewing gum (such as xanthan gum) may increase gas and bloat in some people.
Others may experience allergic reactions to artificial colors. If you know that you are sensitive to any of these ingredients, please avoid products that contain additives.
Homemade food is almost always the best choice to ensure complete, high-quality ingredients because you can completely control the elements and sweetness.
Sugar Free Ice Cream for Diabetics is a well-loved classic dessert, as it doesn’t have the added sugar that regular ice cream has. If you don’t want to give up this dessert, but want to reduce your sugar intake, please consider using one of the sugar-free or low-sugar ice creams on this list. It is also easy to make your fruit-based, such as coconut or banana. As long as you control your intake, sugar-free ice cream can be a real treat!
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Rothchild, Sascha (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 336 Pages - 04/19/2022 (Publication Date) - G.P. Putnam's Sons (Publisher)
- ✅ QUICK AND EASY TO USE: Care Touch blood sugar test kit delivers results in only 5 seconds with just a 0.5µL blood sample. There is no programming needed since our blood sugar monitor kit automatically recognizes batch codes encrypted on Care Touch glucose test strips. Our state-of-the-art glucometer kit with strips and lancets includes single-touch strip ejection, so you can hygienically remove used diabetic test strips.
- ✅ EASY DIABETIC MONITORING: The blood sugar monitor kit with strips is capable of saving up to 300 readings. The blood glucose test kit also provides a continuous 14-day average of your readings, making glucose monitoring easy for you and your healthcare provider.
- ✅ PORTABLE AND HASSLE-FREE: The diabetic testing kit comes with a handy glucometer case, which means you can check your blood sugar level at home or anywhere else while staying organized. The 10-depth lancing device and lancets will help make blood sugar testing almost painless and hassle-free.
- ✅ COMPLETE DIABETIC SET: The glucose meter kit with strips and lancets includes: (1) Care Touch Blood Sugar Meter, (100) Blood Glucose Test Strips for diabetes, (1) Lancing Device, (100) Lancets for diabetes testing, (1) 3 Volt Lithium Battery, (1) Glucose meter case for your blood sugar tester and diabetic supplies
- ✅ WE CARE BECAUSE YOU CARE: You care about your health, and we care about you. Care Touch is committed to providing the best quality blood glucose monitoring systems. Our care doesn’t end when your sugar tester diabetes kit arrives at your door. We’re fully dedicated to your satisfaction. If you have any questions or concerns about your glucose monitor kit with strips and lancets - contact us at any time.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- PUREHEALTH RESEARCH - Blood Sugar Formula 3 Bottles
- MANUFACTURED in the USA! 365-DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!
- A DOCTOR-APPROVED NATURAL FORMULA. Seventeen potent ingredients, each scientifically proven to have a significant effect at helping balance your glucose levels, improve glucose sensitivity, protect delicate cells from free radicals, and energy
- HIGH POTENCY. PureHealth Research experts scientifically enhance CHROMIUM with the Vitamin C, E, Mulberry Leaf, Bitter Melon, Cinnamon, L-Taurine, Berberin and other ingredients which are proven to help you support healthy blood glucose levels
- ONE CAPSULE DAILY, THREE BENEFITS: supports healthy sugar and carb absorption, supports insulin levels, supports cardiovascular health
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency support for 365 days a year; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health; daily support for healthy blood glucose levels, 365 days a year
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
Last update on 2022-06-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
4 thoughts on “Sugar Free Ice Cream for Diabetics – Enjoy these 6 Desserts”
Wow, you made my day! I love ice creams, but I don’t eat them because they contain too much sugar. I am so happy I came across your website because now I will be able to eat ice cream again. I didn’t know that there are ice creams with stevia and monk fruits. This is awesome! Have you already taste the Rebel? I wonder if it has the same taste as sugar:)
Just a question, please. Is it possible to buy these ice cream online? So far, I’ve never found an ice cream made of stevia and monk fruit where I live.
Hi Daniella 🙂 I’m glad I made your day! I am also an ice cream lover, but I turned to these sugar-free ice creams when I couldn’t have the sugar anymore.
I try and stay away from sugar now, but these treats are nice to have and I don’t have to worry about blood sugar rising.
I have some good news for you Daniella! I don’t know where you live, but there seems to be a Walmart everywhere these days and they have the Rebel Keto Ice Cream! I actually get the chocolate because it’s my favorite!
I hope you get some and let me know how you like it.
Thanks for your feedback 🙂
Holy crap! This year as he looks delicious. Even for somebody who is not a diabetic, these desserts look absolutely delicious. Thank you so much for all of this information because my Uncle suffers from diabetes and this is an article that I know he will love me for sharing with him. I really hope that he enjoys this because he will be enjoying his deserts
Hi Misael 🙂 Yes, don’t they all look so delicious? Ice cream is my personal weakness.
So as a diabetic, it was important for me to find sugar free ice cream for diabetics.
Sorry that your uncle has diabetes. Sharing this article and the whole website can help him.
I hope that he enjoys!
Thanks for sharing 🙂