Quinoa for Diabetes is beneficial because it is gluten free and has an extremely low glycemic index making it just about the best whole grain for lowering your blood sugar and your diabetes. It also has one of the highest levels of protein. Because of the high fiber content and amino acids, quinoa aids in better sugar control and better metabolism. Because of this the sugar that gets produced by consuming quinoa is slowly absorbed by your blood.
How Is Quinoa Good for Diabetics?
White and wheat flour can spike your blood sugar whereas quinoa does not. One important not about quinoa is that the antioxidant quercetin that it contains is extremely beneficial for type 2 diabetics.
Research has been done to show that quinoa is useful in controlling blood glucose levels. It also revealed that it aids in the controlling of your appetite level by providing a much better of feeling full.
This is excellent because it is an advantage in losing weight which of course reflects big time on lowering your blood sugar levels. You need normal blood sugars to function properly when you have type 2 diabetes.
Studies were performed on rats who were put on a high fructose diet, who when were added quinoa to their diet decreased their blood glucose levels by 10%. They also lowered their triglyceride levels by another 10% and their cholesterol levels as well by 25%. You want to add quinoa to your salads, and replace rice with quinoa too. You should rinse it several times before you cook it too.
It’s important to note the glycemic index of foods because lower numbers are better for you when it comes to blood sugar and diabetes. The glycemix index is basically a rating about foods and how their carbohydrates affect your blood sugar levels compared to pure glucose. Of course this all is dependent on the amount of fiber in the particular food as well as the sugars too.
Quinoa can be a bit high when it comes to carbohydrates but all is not lost because on the other side of the coin it provides plenty of minerals and vitamins. Magnesium is very important for your bones and helping your body with producing energy and a single cup of quinoa can provide 30% of your daily recommended allowance.
How Quinoa Helps Diabetics
The enzyme in saliva known as amylase takes in the quinoa and breaks it down into sugar. The quinoa gets stirred up together with the acid in your stomach and helps to convert it into hydrochloric acid. At this point the digestive enzymes are taken from your pancreas and breaks down the quinoa into simple sugars. Your blood sugars may increase now, but…
Carbohydrates now begin to enter your small intestine and once again are broken down into additional sugars which get forced into your blood. Now it’s insulin’s turn to gush into your system. Your blood glucose is powered into your circulatory system.
Blood glucose stabilizes your entire body and will not seek any more sugar which will result it your stomach getting that full feeling after a while. It’s at this point that your body feels satisfied with a controlled sugar level and this helps your diabetes. Three cheers for quinoa!
Health Benefits of Quinoa
As I said quinoa is very high in fiber. It has insoluble fiber and not soluble fiber but it still offers decent benefits. Soluble fiber helps with reducing sugar levels, increasing your feeling of being full, lowering your cholesterol level, and aiding with weight loss.
Antioxidants are very beneficial and quinoa is packed with them. Of all cereals and legumes quinoa is the highest in content of antioxidants of all of them. These antioxidants help with many diseases and in particular in fighting the aging process.
You obviously need to take in less calories than you burn in order to lose weight. There are certain properties in foods that help with this process by decreasing your appetite or boosting your metabolism. Fiber helps with losing weight.
The low glycemic index of quinoa is connected to reducing your caloric intake. Quinoa can be very useful in taking off the pounds. Keeping weight off helps your diabetes and all around health.
Celiac disease is related to gluten intolerance. But being on a gluten free diet should only be for those who have celiac disease. You won’t be getting the essentials that you need by being on a gluten free diet. It’s missing fiber, riboflavin, folate, calcium, niacin, thiamin, and iron. But quinoa is good ingredient for a gluten free diet.
Essential amino acids are needed but your body cannot produce them. Any food that does contain amino acids is considered to be a complete protein.Now most plant foods do not contain an essential amino acid known as lysine. But quinoa does contain it and that’s a plus.
One cup of quinoa has eight grams of protein which is a great protein plant based source for people who are vegetarians. Quinoa provides a very healthy balance for you.
This has a lot to do with a deficiency in magnesium. Quinoa can be very effective with preventing the deficiency of magnesium. Research was performed and revealed that getting the maximum amount of magnesium can help in preventing osteoporosis. The cause of this deficiency mainly comes from a diet in western civilization consisting of many processed foods which are no good for you.
Check Out the Video Below for More About Quinoa
Quinoa is a much better tasting option than an iron supplement and can provide the iron you may be missing. One cup of quinoa gives you approximately 15% of your daily recommended allowance which helps your lack of iron and aids in preventing of anemia and helping your muscles and the function of your brain.
Zinc & Your Liver
You should be aware of how important that your liver is. Quinoa provides an excellent benefit of contributing to the function of your liver. One of the mayor issues with liver disease is a lack of zinc. One cup of quinoa provides about 13% of your daily recommended allowance and can be a huge factor in treating liver disease. Zinc is also responsible for problems with your skin as well.
You don’t want high cholesterol numbers and heart issues. This is where quinoa comes in. Because of its high fiber content, it is able to stimulate digestion. This needs to have bile acids that consist of cholesterol. As the improved digestion happens, your liver takes cholesterol from your blood and produces additional bile acid which then decreases the amount of your bad cholesterol (LDL).
Lowering your cholesterol is great but there are other ways to help your heart. In studies published it was noted that the seeds from quinoa have a great deal of the flavonoids that have an indirect connection with dying from heart disease.
In studies done in Italy researchers discovered that quinoa produced much lower levels of triglycerides and fatty acid content which are always associated with heart disease.
High Blood Pressure
I love quinoa because it offers so many benefits. It is extremely helpful in lowering your blood pressure. It is the high potassium content in quinoa that helps in lowering your blood pressure.
Potassium is important because it counteracts the effects of salt. The magnesium in quinoa lowers blood pressure by inducing blood vessel dilation. So the combination of potassium and magnesium together is powerful in combating hypertension.
Fiber is amazing and it could actually prolong your life. So having quinoa in your diet is a definite plus and any foods with whole grains will be beneficial for you.
And why is potassium so important? It prevents the formation of uric acid stones. Kidney stones are not something you want to experience and sticking to quinoa on a regular basis will help you to avoid them.
Side Effects of Quinoa
The benefits definitely outweigh the side effects by a landslide. Like anything else, there are side effects and allergies to everything.
The seeds of quinoa should be rinsed extremely well before they even get to the cooking steps. Otherwise this could really irritate your stomach, so rinse and cook thoroughly. The outer coating of the quinoa seed is important because it keeps pests and insects from destroying them but also this coating can cause stomach irritation as well.
Like anything else you might consume, there could be interactions with certain medications that you may be taking. So it’s a very wise decision to discuss everything with your doctor.
So as I mentioned before quinoa is gluten free so it is safe to consume by anyone who suffers from celiac disease. This is good because celiac patients don’t have as many foods to choice from.
Pregnant & Breast Feeding Women
It isn’t the fact that women should avoid quinoa totally during this time but having excess amounts can lead to problems. So the doctor is the one to make the decision because they are the specialists.
Quinoa for Diabetes helps to control it. I hope that you learned a great deal about quinoa and what it can do for your diabetes. Whole grains are very good for you and this one is at the top of the list as far as being healthy for you.
Reverse Your Type 2 Diabetes
Click the Button Below
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Rothchild, Sascha (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 336 Pages - 04/19/2022 (Publication Date) - G.P. Putnam's Sons (Publisher)
- ✅ QUICK AND EASY TO USE: Care Touch blood sugar test kit delivers results in only 5 seconds with just a 0.5µL blood sample. There is no programming needed since our blood sugar monitor kit automatically recognizes batch codes encrypted on Care Touch glucose test strips. Our state-of-the-art glucometer kit with strips and lancets includes single-touch strip ejection, so you can hygienically remove used diabetic test strips.
- ✅ EASY DIABETIC MONITORING: The blood sugar monitor kit with strips is capable of saving up to 300 readings. The blood glucose test kit also provides a continuous 14-day average of your readings, making glucose monitoring easy for you and your healthcare provider.
- ✅ PORTABLE AND HASSLE-FREE: The diabetic testing kit comes with a handy glucometer case, which means you can check your blood sugar level at home or anywhere else while staying organized. The 10-depth lancing device and lancets will help make blood sugar testing almost painless and hassle-free.
- ✅ COMPLETE DIABETIC SET: The glucose meter kit with strips and lancets includes: (1) Care Touch Blood Sugar Meter, (100) Blood Glucose Test Strips for diabetes, (1) Lancing Device, (100) Lancets for diabetes testing, (1) 3 Volt Lithium Battery, (1) Glucose meter case for your blood sugar tester and diabetic supplies
- ✅ WE CARE BECAUSE YOU CARE: You care about your health, and we care about you. Care Touch is committed to providing the best quality blood glucose monitoring systems. Our care doesn’t end when your sugar tester diabetes kit arrives at your door. We’re fully dedicated to your satisfaction. If you have any questions or concerns about your glucose monitor kit with strips and lancets - contact us at any time.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- PUREHEALTH RESEARCH - Blood Sugar Formula 3 Bottles
- MANUFACTURED in the USA! 365-DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!
- A DOCTOR-APPROVED NATURAL FORMULA. Seventeen potent ingredients, each scientifically proven to have a significant effect at helping balance your glucose levels, improve glucose sensitivity, protect delicate cells from free radicals, and energy
- HIGH POTENCY. PureHealth Research experts scientifically enhance CHROMIUM with the Vitamin C, E, Mulberry Leaf, Bitter Melon, Cinnamon, L-Taurine, Berberin and other ingredients which are proven to help you support healthy blood glucose levels
- ONE CAPSULE DAILY, THREE BENEFITS: supports healthy sugar and carb absorption, supports insulin levels, supports cardiovascular health
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency support for 365 days a year; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health; daily support for healthy blood glucose levels, 365 days a year
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
Last update on 2022-06-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API