Your body requires this trace metal, but only in small amounts. But the main focus is How Does Chromium Help Diabetes? Chromium transports glucose to your cells and this helps to control your blood sugar levels. Chromium works in conjunction with other trace elements in the breaking down of fats, proteins, and carbohydrates. Let’s learn more about chromium and how beneficial it is for you as a diabetic.
What Effects Does Chromium Have with Diabetes?
Chromium or otherwise known as Chromium Picolinate, may increase the effect of insulin. Most times it is not present in processed foods. It can have a rather substantial effect on diabetes.
There have been studies performed that chromium picolinate improves your blood sugar metabolism in people with type 2 diabetes and people who are obese.
Chromium has a huge role in transmitting of insulin through the pathways that are responsible for allowing the body to help to control the amount of sugar intake. It also provides energy that is stable and aids in keeping our blood sugar levels balanced.
In addition research was done that DNA chromosomes can be protected from damage by chromium and prevent the mutation of cells that may wind up causing other diseases that you certainly don’t want.
Before I go any further, I’d like to mention that while chromium lowers your blood sugar levels, it’s important to be extremely careful with chromium supplements if you are taking medications for diabetes without first discussing it with your doctor.
He or she may have to adjust your medication dosage because of this. You want your blood glucose levels down and stable and the goal here is to accomplish this the natural way without medications but that will take some time and effort.
Chromium is a trace mineral that your body requires for healthy functioning but as I mentioned, only in small amounts. Chromium helps you to deliver and absorb healthy nutrients from fats, carbohydrates, and proteins from the food that you consume and this in turn aids in supporting a storing of nutrients and healthy metabolism in your body.
In several studies done, the evaluation concluded that the effect of chromium on blood sugar levels varied, but there were suggestive numbers that pointed that chromium may control blood glucose levels and lower the need for insulin for patients with insulin resistance and the intolerance of glucose.
Symptoms of Chromium Deficiency
* Anxiety, mood changes
* Appetite changes
* Appetite changing
* Declining bone loss conditions
* Eye health declining
* Fatigue, decreased energy
* Longer healing time periods
* Poor blood glucose managing and control
* Poor health of your skin
* Stunt of your growth
* Weight change
Food Sources Rich in Chromium
Check Out the Video Below About Chromium for Diabetes
13 Secrets About the Benefits of Chromium
1) Skin Health
Skin conditions such as acne can be connected to constant changes in blood sugar levels. Since chromium is a factor in leveling and controlling your blood sugar, this can lead to improving the health of your skin. After all, the skin is the largest organ your body has and the only one that shows!
2) Your Vision
Glaucoma is a diabetes related disease that results from a fluid buildup in your eyes. This can add pressure that is harmful to the eye’s retina, optic nerve, and lens.
This can at some point lead to blindness. Chromium lowers your risk for diabetes and any eye related incidents because of its ability to control your blood glucose.
There has been research done that showed chromium had effects of lipid profiles and resulted in lowering in LDL and total cholesterol and triglycerides by 30%. These studies were performed in people with who were in good health, but possibly at risk for heart disease and also folks who were diabetic or had glucose intolerance.
4) Body Fat
Several studies revealed that taking a chromium supplement increased body mass, decreased fat deposits, and can lead to weight loss as well. Most people would welcome a solution to building body mass and reducing fat.
5) Your Brain
Your brain may play tricks on you as you get older and you may have issues with remembering things from time to time. Chromium helps the area of the brain that is responsible for controlling processes of hunger, thirst, and your body temperature that can prevent negative effects of your brain when it comes to aging and other important functions.
This is important because diabetes can start to have effects on your brain as you age and if you don’t control your blood glucose levels.
6) Your Heart
As I mentioned, chromium can lower your cholesterol levels. This is a great benefit for your heart. Every organ in your body is vital for survival but your heart is the “lifeblood” of your system. Chromium contains many trace minerals found in the food you eat.
By lowering the cholesterol, you are opening up and clearing out your blood vessels of any buildup of fat. This is stimulating your blood to keep your blood flowing with a healthy balance and thereby keeping your heart healthy.
7) The Liver
You want and need your liver to be healthy. By getting a sufficient amount of chromium, it helps your liver by making it easier in the digesting and breaking down of foods. It also benefits your liver by decreasing the building up of fats that are harmful. Speak with your physician about taking any chromium supplements first. Never start anything on your own before you consult him or her.
8) Your Weight
Weight gain and weight loss are always a big issue in the past and right now in the present. It’s important especially when you have diabetes because it affects everything in your body. Chromium is linked to lowering your risk for not gaining weight, obesity, and can affect the food that you eat.
It’s not totally known why chromium affects weight and hunger, but it is known that a considerable amount of chromium does connect to a controlled eating plan that is much improved.
9) Improve Energy Levels and Metabolism
In order to boost your energy levels, your muscles, overall performance, and burn more calories, it’s vital to get trace minerals such as calcium, chromium, and magnesium into your system.
If you are someone on a diet and restricting your body to eating much less food and pumping up the exercise at the same time, then you’ll need to keep that metabolism up by having foods that are rich in chromium.
10) Your Bones
You want to protect your bones as best as you can especially as you age. This is where chromium can help. It helps to slow down your loss of calcium which can be very beneficial for preventing bone loss and other bone issues especially in women who are more vulnerable to this happening. In addition, it’s a great solution for osteoporosis as well.
Chromium plays a tremendous role in emotional eating, binge eating, hunger pains, and depression. In folks that are overweight with depression chromium sensitizes that area of your brain to insulin which increases your usage of glucose and helps to produce serotonin.
Serotonin is crucial for your well being and appetite control. So by taking chromium you can reduce your appetite and lose weight and help to control your blood sugar and keep your diabetes in control.
12) Carbohydrate Cravings
When we eat carbs they get broken down into sugar and then absorbed into your bloodstream. This sets off a rise in your blood sugar and insulin. You want to slow down the releasing of the sugar because this is the first and most important part of a healthy diet. Like so many people we seem to have a craving for carbs.
It’s a type of addiction that comes from the area of your brain that controls pleasure and pain. That’s why chromium is important for helping to controlling your craving for carbohydrates and your blood glucose levels.
The absolute best benefit of chromium is building factor called glucose tolerance factor or also GTF. Since the major characteristic of type 2 diabetes is the insensitivity to insulin.
So then the time comes when your body is no longer responding to insulin because of insufficient amounts of GTF or other factors, then the high glucose levels will start damaging your tissues. It’s a good idea to nip this in the bud!
This begins to put you at risk for prediabetes or diabetes itself. If you don’t have enough nutrients such as amino acids, chromium and vitamin B3, then it’s possible that you may not be manufacturing enough glucose tolerance factor and you then become a risk for insulin insensitivity. This leads to blood sugar issues and diabetes. Chromium plays a vital role in avoiding these issues.
What Dosage Should You Take?
While chromium supplements are generally safe with only a few possible side effects, you still do not want to take too much. A dosage that is generally taken and safe is between 200 and 600 micrograms. Since most supplements tablets or capsules are sold in 200 micrograms, then that’s just right, but STILL check with your doctor, first!
This is very important! Taking too high an amount of chromium can possibly lead to rashes, ulcers, and damage of your liver and kidneys. It’s better to get chromium from the foods you eat and it depends on what you doctor deems safe for you personally.
Some Possible Side Effects of Chromium:
More Serious Complications of Chromium are:
* Coordination issues
* Thinking or concentrating issues
* Liver problems symptoms: upper stomach pain, dark colored urine, itching
* Fatigued: clay colored stool, jaundice, loss of appetite, nausea
How Does Chromium Help Diabetes? After reading this article, what would your answer be to does chromium help diabetes? Yes, it does. It can help to lower and control your blood sugar, but taken in minimal amounts and under your doctor’s supervision.
Reverse Your Type 2 Diabetes
Click the Button Below
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- Accurate: Metene TD-4116 blood glucose meter and strips are produced with industry-leading chips and biosensor, equipped with industry-leading technologies, conducive to get accurate and reliable measurements
- No Coding: The blood sugar meter gets into measure status automatically once insert the blood sugar test strip correctly to the bottom of the slot, easy to use and easy to read with large display for the senior
- 7 Seconds And 0.7µl Blood: This blood glucose monitor takes just 7s and 0.7µl blood to get the glucose value; The lancing device has 5 depth options to minimize wound and reduce pain
- Better Data Management: This glucometer stores the newest 450 blood glucose values and display the continuous 14/21/28/60/90 day average; the measurements could be exported with windows-based software; help you track and manage your blood glucose better
- Diabetes Testing Kit 207 Piece Set: 100 glucometer strips, 100 30G lancets, 1 blood sugar meter, 1 lancing device, 1 control solution, 2 batteries, 1 protective wallet and 1 user manual; Please feel free to contact us if any problem when using this Diabetes testing kit
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS. Insufficient blood applied to test strip will result in wrong readings. Please hold the lancing device firmly against your fingertip for enough sample. Watch our instructional videos in our listings to optimize your testing results. Our friendly customer support will always be here to answer your questions and help to resolve your concerns. (30 Day Money Back Guarantee)
- EXCEEDS INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS. AUVON BGMs can function within ±10%, or ±10 mg/dl of laboratory values over 95% of the time, which is far beyond ISO 15197:2013 passing standard (within ±15% or ±15 mg/dl). The manufacturer is certified with CE mark, GMP, ISO 13485:2016, and ISO 15197:2013 without having any recall on the market in the past 14 years.
- CUTTING-EDGE TEST STRIPS. We use cutting-edge test strips enzymes for blood glucose measurements. Our test strips are produced with unique Automatic Carbon Printing Technique to ensure that the quality of each batch of strips could be relevantly much more stable, precise and accurate. Additionally, PROMISED 0.16USD/pcs would keep you no pressure to repurchase.
- KEEP TRACK OF DATA. Store your test results with time and date helps you track and manage your health while also keeping a continuous 7/14/30 average results. Automatic off means our device works longer without having to worry about wasting battery life.
- ALL IN ONE: 1 x AUVON DS-W Blood Glucose Monitor, 1 x battery, 50 x Blood Test Strips, 50 x 30 gauge Lancets, 1 x Lancing device, 1 x Meter User Guide, 1 x Test Strip User Guide, Our Exclusive Lifetime Warranty and Technical Support and Friendly Customer Service.
Last update on 2021-09-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API