What is the Connection Between Hepatitis C and Diabetes? The chronic form of the hepatitis C virus has been shown to be a risk factor for the development of both type 1 and type 2 diabetes. And people with diabetes are likely to have a more complicated course of chronic hepatitis. The most common way to get the hepatitis C virus is through exposure to infected blood.
Why is Hepatitis Serious for Diabetics?
Though hepatitis can be connected to drug and alcohol use, its most common cause in the United States is viral. Moreover, its relationship with type 2 is reciprocal. The liver disease can cause or worsen diabetes.
Your risk of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease can be raised by diabetes, a condition in which excess fat builds up in your liver. This can occur whether or not you consume no alcohol or very little amounts. There is usually no signs or symptoms of fatty liver disease, but it can still boost your risk of developing inflammation in the liver.
Whether hepatitis C can truly lead to type 2 diabetes is a question that needs further investigation. Surely, prevention of viral disease is significant to prevent liver damage in the form of a chronic disease of the liver and liver cancer.
Human beings depend heavily on a properly functioning liver as it performs a number of essential tasks for the smooth working of the human body. The liver does not only take care of poisons in our digestion system, but it also produces immune agents that help strengthen the immune system against bacteria and germs. The liver helps in producing a protein essential for blood clotting and it also plays its part in the digestion of fats.
People with hepatitis C are prone to:
Conducting blood tests will detect the virus directly and measure how well the liver is functioning. A procedure in which a small needle is inserted into the liver to collect a tissue sample is usually performed to show the extent of the damage.
Hepatitis is known for the destruction of a number of liver cells and the presence of inflammatory cells in the liver tissue caused by excessive alcohol drinking, disorders of the gallbladder or pancreas, including medication side effects, and infections.
Causes of Hepatitis
When you contract one of the viruses that can cause liver inflammation, or as a result of exposure to substances that can cause hepatitis, then you can develop hepatitis. There are two ways that can lead you to hepatitis: The virus can either occur as a result of infections or from autoimmune processes.
Hepatitis can be divided into two subgroups:
Acute hepatitis caused by what is listed below in result of inflammation that causes damaging to the liver’s normal function and lasting less than six months. People with a weak immune system and a weak liver are more susceptible to be infected by hepatitis.
a) Hepatitis with viral infection such as hepatitis A, B, C, D, & E.
b) Inflammation of the liver caused by mild or non-life-threatening infection.
c) Inflammation of the liver caused by other bacteria.
d) Overdose in medication causing damage to liver tissues and cells such as antibiotics and anesthetics.
e) Taking too much alcohol.
Chronic hepatitis is when an active or ongoing inflammation of the liver persisting for more than six months. Although chronic hepatitis is much less common than acute hepatitis, it can persist for years. In most people and in some cases, it is quite mild and does not cause significant liver damage.
It may be caused by hepatitis B and C viruses, it also can be caused by drugs and excessive alcohol drinking, and may possibly result in cirrhosis, with a spleen that can become enlarged and the accumulation of fluid in the abdomen. Continued inflammation in some people slowly damages the liver, eventually resulting in severe scarring of the liver, liver failure and sometimes liver cancer.
Jaundiced caused by the excision of a chemical, an orange-yellow pigment formed in the liver by the breakdown of hemoglobin called bilirubin, accumulated in the body’s tissues. When the liver is damaged by hepatitis virus, it will be unable to do its normal job and this chemical will accumulate in your blood and then begin to leak out into your body tissue resulting in yellow color in the skin, and especially around the whites of the eyes.
2) Loss of appetite
Loss of appetite is often the first symptom of acute hepatitis. This symptom lasts for a very short period of time before being replaced by nausea and vomiting.
Fatigue is incapacitating tiredness and is a big source of frustration for people with liver disease. When the liver is damaged, feelings of dangerous weakness is common.
4) Pain in the muscles and joints
This pain in the muscles and joints can last from days to weeks and are very common in acute hepatitis infection.
5) Low blood sugar
A virus may cause low blood sugar that can be triggered as a result of infection by hepatitis. You therefore need to be consistently be checking your blood glucose levels because the threat of your levels being low are always dangerously lurking. This is serious!
Insomnia is caused by liver inflammation of hepatitis virus C leading to the trouble of sleeping and waking up often during the night. Also unusually vivid, intense and frightening dreams are experienced by some people.
This is severe itching of the skin. People with hepatitis C have pruritus occasionally and they also experience itching in the palms and the soles of their feet.
Hepatitis can also possibly cause inflammation of your lymph nodes. Often time, it appears in the armpits, groin, and neck.
Hepatitis C also causes a sense of weakness. Hepatitis symptoms varies from mild to severe and tends to come and go. Be aware of what your body may be telling you.
Types of Hepatitis
1) Hepatitis A (HAV)
A virus that infects liver cells and causes inflammation is what causes hepatitis A. And as a result of this inflammation, how your liver works can be affected and can cause other signs and symptoms of hepatitis A.
It causes swelling and inflammation in the liver and rather common in countries that are underdeveloped. This results in consuming food and/or drinking water that is infected by the hepatitis A virus (HAV). It can be transmitted through sexual intercourse as well. Hepatitis A can be discovered by blood testing in the medical laboratory.
2) Hepatitis B (HBV)
Hepatitis B virus is a liver infection caused by a virus, most often picked up through the contact of bloods including such as body fluids, semen, and blood. One best way to prevent this is to avoid IV drug abusers who share needles or anyone who uses needles that are tainted. In addition hepatitis B may be transmitted through having sexual intercourse.
This also unfortunately includes being transferred from an expectant mother to her baby while giving birth. You can wind up with serious damage to your liver by getting an infection that is extremely serious due to inflammation. This could also possibly lead to cancer.
3) Hepatitis C (HCV)
Hepatitis C occurs if you come into contact with the blood of an infected person. Just like hepatitis B, it is spread via blood and body-fluid contacts such as blood, semen, body fluid, IV drug abusers sharing needles or someone using tainted needles. It is the most known and common form of hepatitis that is contracted through getting blood transfusions. There is now a test for it. The inflammation of the liver results in liver damage that can lead to cancer.
It also commonly leads to chronic liver inflammation and slowly damages the liver over a long period of time before leading to cirrhosis of the liver. This is when normal healthy tissue is replaced by scar tissue because of the result of the flow of blood being blocked through the liver and preventing it from working as it should.
4) Hepatitis D (HDV)
Hepatitis D, known as the hepatitis delta virus, is an infection that causes the liver to become inflamed. Only those infected with hepatitis B can get hepatitis D. Hepatitis D is also transmitted through infected needles, blood, and having sexual intercourse with someone infected with HDV which also causes inflammation.
5) Hepatitis E (HEV)
Hepatitis E is a transmitted infection that is typically self-limited and is caused by the hepatitis E virus (HEV). It is spread by fecal-contaminated water within endemic areas or through the consumption of uncooked or under-cooked meat. It can also be contracted through sexual intercourse causing swelling of the liver which is only temporary.
Prevention and Treatment
Hepatitis can be prevented and treated with the following;
Freshwater algae contain high amounts of antioxidant-chlorophyll that has the power in strengthening the immune system to fight any bacteria and virus infection. In addition, freshwater algae aids in the cleansing of the building up of fat in your liver and the cleansing of toxins in your liver too.
Whole grain products
Whole grain products encourages the liver to free your body of toxins, it supports the heart and is rich in protein, B vitamins, and fiber. It also helps lower blood cholesterol, reduces tumors, strengthens the immune and treats hepatitis. Whole grains are awesome for protection.
Green vegetable juices
The fresh raw vegetable juices are vital in the nutritional treatment of hepatitis. Green vegetable juice contains high amounts of carotenoids,vitamin C, living plant enzymes, and bioflavonoids, to help digestion and vitamin K which will result in the cleansing of toxins from your liver. This in turn will help in fighting against hepatitis infection.
Legumes contain the nutrients and good sources of water-soluble fibers that your body needs to produce and activate the dozens of enzymes involved in the various phases of detoxification.
Cold water fish
Cold water fish contain high amounts of essential fatty acids that help to support the detoxification pathways in the liver and they break down toxic chemicals and toxins from the bloodstream.
A healthy liver filter will keep your bloodstream clean and free of dangerous toxins and microorganisms. The regular use of a liver tonic such as essential fatty acids supports the repair of liver cells.
- Supplements like vitamin C. vitamin E. vitamin B, Selenium etc.
- Chinese herbs like Milk thistle. Dan Shen Danshen, Lycii, Chinese licorice, natural schisandra
- Common Sense Approaches like reduced intake of saturated and trans fats, avoid intake of processed foods, limit alcohol drinking, drink a lot of green and yellow juices, quit smoking, limit intake of sugar etc.
So you are now aware of the connection between Hepatitis C and Diabetes. Hepatitis or type 2 diabetes for that matter are diseases that you obviously do not want. But there are ways to prevent both that should be exercised because hepatitis C is a risk factor for diabetes. You need to be proactive when it comes to these diseases!
Check Out Below the Best Way
to Lower Your Blood Sugar Fast!
Please share on social media below and forward this to others who need help and please leave any questions or comments you may have below. I would love to interact with you. Thank you for reading and I appreciate it!
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight loss and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- Excellent Accuracy: metene TD-4116 blood glucose meter and strips are produced with industry-leading chips and biosensor, equipped with industry-leading technologies, conducive to get accurate and reliable measurements
- No Coding: The blood sugar meter gets into measure status automatically once insert the blood sugar test strip to the bottom of the slot, easy to use and easy to read with large display for the senior
- Fast and Reduce Pain: This blood glucose monitor takes just 7s and 0.7µl blood to get the glucose value; The lancing device has 5 depth options to minimize wound and reduce pain
- Better Data Management: This glucometer stores the newest 450 blood glucose values and display the continuous 14/21/28/60/90 day average; the measurements could be exported with windows-based software; help you track and manage your blood glucose better
- Diabetes Testing Kit 207 Piece Set: 100 glucometer strips, 100 30G lancets, 1 blood sugar meter, 1 lancing device, 1 control solution, 2 batteries, 1 protective wallet and 1 user manual; Please feel free to contact us if any problem when using this Diabetes testing kit
- Support cardiovascular health & blood sugar levels with the PurePremium blood sugar support dietary supplement, which contains essential vitamins, minerals and herbs.
- Support healthy glucose metabolism by adding our all-natural heart health supplement to your diet. Our advanced cardiovascular support capsules contain cinnamon, mulberry, vitamin c, vitamin e, magnesium, zinc, licorice root extract and manganese.
- Support blood cholesterol levels and make sure that your heart is healthy and strong. Support healthy insulin function and bolster your immune system against harmful free radicals.
- Our easy-to-swallow capsules support healthy glucose levels and your metabolism at the same time.
- Formulated in the USA. Every PurePremium product comes from an inspected, and GMP certified facility right here in the USA.
- INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS. Insufficient blood applied to test strip will result in wrong readings. Please hold the lancing device firmly against your fingertip for enough sample. Watch our instructional videos in our listings to optimize your testing results. Our friendly customer support will always be here to answer your questions and help to resolve your concerns. (30 Day Money Back Guarantee)
- EXCEEDS INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS. AUVON BGMs can function within ±10%, or ±10 mg/dl of laboratory values over 95% of the time, which is far beyond ISO 15197:2013 passing standard (within ±15% or ±15 mg/dl). The manufacturer is certified with CE mark, GMP, ISO 13485:2016, and ISO 15197:2013 without having any recall on the market in the past 14 years.
- CUTTING-EDGE TEST STRIPS. We use cutting-edge test strips enzymes for blood glucose measurements. Our test strips are produced with unique Automatic Carbon Printing Technique to ensure that the quality of each batch of strips could be relevantly much more stable, precise and accurate. Additionally, PROMISED 0.15USD/pcs would keep you no pressure to repurchase.
- KEEP TRACK OF DATA. Store your test results with time and date helps you track and manage your health while also keeping a continuous 7/14/30 average results. Automatic off means our device works longer without having to worry about wasting battery life.
- ALL IN ONE: 1 x AUVON DS-W Blood Glucose Monitor, 1 x battery, 50 x Blood Test Strips, 50 x 30 gauge Lancets, 1 x Lancing device, 1 x Meter User Guide, 1 x Test Strip User Guide, Our Exclusive Lifetime Warranty and Technical Support and Friendly Customer Service.
Last update on 2021-05-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API