Vitamin B12 deficiency can cause serious issues such as anemia and neuropathy in diabetics. So, it’s vital to have the proper amounts of Vitamin B12 for Diabetes in your body. You don’t necessarily have to be a diabetic to develop neuropathy though. What is the key to vitamin B12 and diabetes? Prolonged deficiency of this vitamin can damage your nerves even if you don’t have diabetes. There are other problems associated with a lack of vitamin B.
The Importance of Enough Vitamin B12
I take vitamin B12 because I learned that the neuropathy that I have could have come from being deficient for years. The B complex vitamins have everything to do with your nerves and that’s a big reason why they are important. There are many symptoms you can have from a lack of vitamin B and B12 in particular.
Let’s See What the Symptoms are of Vitamin B12 Deficiency are:
- Loss of appetite
- Poor memory
- Tired and fatigued
- Sudden headaches
- Being depressed
- Losing weight
- Problems breathing
- Pale skin
- Being lethargic
At first it’s possible that that you may not pay much attention to the symptoms as being a part of the diabetes. Don’t ignore these symptoms.The problem is that over a period of time your vitamin B12 deficiency can possibly turn more severe. Research showed that people with diabetes have a much bigger risk of being vitamin B12 deficient. In fact 22% of diabetics are deficient in vitamin B12. Get your Vitamin B12 tested.
*Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)- Benfotiamine is the fat soluble form that helps to protect your eyes, nerves, and limbs and prevents circulation problems in people with diabetes. It also aids the health of your muscles, brain, and your nervous system and helps your body in producing energy from the carbohydrates in the food you eat.
Food sources: Whole grain products, black beans, tuna, breakfast cereals, wheat germ, and mussels.
*Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)- This particular vitamin is not positively known to have an effect on diabetes directly. But a most powerful antioxidant called Glutathione gets help and support from riboflavin. In addition vitamin B2 is required for helping the production of red blood cells and growth, converting food into energy for your body, and helping to keep your skin, eyes, and nervous system healthy.
Food sources: Fortified breakfast cereals, almonds, clams, milk and dairy products. I love my cereal in the morning and I get the vitamins I need!
Vitamin B3 (Niacin)- Aids in improving insulin sensitivity for your body. It helps convert food into much needed energy, helps you with the functioning of your skin, and nervous and digestive systems. Niacin is also beneficial for the production of your stress and sex hormones and also aids in making and repairing DNA.
Food sources: Rice, turkey, beef, fish, eggs, nuts, and milk and dairy products
Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid)- This is believed to help diabetics with tingling, burning, or numbness sensations in the feet and hands(neuropathy). It’s necessary for producing red blood cells and chlolesterol and breaks down carbohydrates and fats into energy. And it is also useful in producing stress and sex hormones as vitamin B3 does.
Food sources: Avocado, poultry, eggs, mushrooms, broccoli, legumes, and kale.
Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)- B6 is beneficial for the prevention of damage to your nerves, maintaining your mood which occurs neurotransmitters, hemoglobin, and hormones and protecting the health of your eyes and aiding in your brain functions and developments and immune functions. Your body also requires it in the storing of carbohydrates and protein from the food you eat.
Food sources: Tuna, bananas, nuts, chicken, seeds, potatoes, turkey, eggs, and salmon. These are all awesome foods to get your vitamin B6 from!
Vitamin B7 (Biotin)- Studies performed revealed that B7 helps control blood sugar levels better and even more so when it is coupled with chromium. It is required for making fatty acids, promoting the growth of your hair and your bone health. It’s excellent for nails that are brittle, dry eyes, rashes on the skin around your nose, eyes, and mouth.
Food sources: Almonds, whole grain foods, broccoli, egg yolks, beef liver, sweet potatoes, and spinach.
Vitamin B9 (Folate)- If you’re a diabetic and have nerve damage from homocysteine, folate can help to reduce this from happening. And most importantly it helps to prevent blindness from diabetes and can help calm pains in your legs that derive from hardening of your veins. B9 will benefit you because it is needed to maintain your DNA by helping your cells make it. And also vitamin B9 produces red blood cells for your body.
Food sources: Asparagus, salmon, spinach, dark leafy greens, peanuts, and Brussels sprouts.
Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin)- To me, this is the most important B vitamin. Being deficient in vitamin B12 can lead to numbness and tingling in your feet and hands. This vitamin makes sure that your blood gets delivered to the tiniest capillaries. I find B12 to be crucial for me because of neuropathy. This super vitamin can benefit you from diabetic retinopathy and eye damage from diabetes as well. It forms your DNA and red blood cells and is beneficial for keeping your red blood cells and nervous system healthy.
Food sources: Fish, beef liver, clams, eggs, chicken, beef, certain fortified cereals, and dairy products.
A very and interesting but serious fact about diabetics with kidney disease has to do with taking a mixture of vitamins B6, B9, and B12. Studies done revealed that the disease seems to get worse when taking these together because the vitamins produced and excessive excretion of magnesium. In light of this, researchers suggest taking a magnesium supplement but always check with your physician first with anything you do.
There are also certain medications that will make it more difficult for your body to absorb vitamin B12. Prevacid, Zantac, Metformin, Pepcid AC, and Glucophage are a few of the ones that are guilty. It’s important to get sufficient quantities of vitamin B12 into your body. The other critical issue is that a high dosage of vitamin B12 in a diabetic with kidney disease is dangerous which is why you want to discuss this with your doctor first. He or she is the professional who can guide you properly.
Health Benefits of Vitamin B
- Helps with digestion issues- It’s vital that the food you eat gets digested appropriately. Vitamin B gets this done by breaking down fats, protein, and carbs and it does this because of the Hydrochloric acid that it produces. Without it liver and kidney failure can occur because the nutrients will build up inside your body. Make sure you get the right amount of “B” everyday.
- Goodbye toxins- Vitamin B3 or niacin, is extremely helpful in flushing out unwanted chemicals and getting rid of toxins from your body and this is important for your health. It produces sex hormones by the adrenal gland and will work hard to mend any DNA damage.
- Pick me up- If you’re feeling lazy and fatigued then vitamin B3 will pick you up by boosting your energy levels. It will convert the carbohydrates into glucose and then with the help of vitamin B it will get converted into energy.
- Stress reliever- Vitamin B is absolutely necessary for relaxing your mind and calming you when you are stressed out. It also puts a leash on anxiety, migraines, depression, and is beneficial for improving your memory.
- Healthy skin- Your skin is your largest organ and the only one that’s visible to everyone so it’s important for it to look great. Vitamin B promotes healthy skin by speeding up your cell metabolism. Research showed that the vitamin is beneficial for your skin whether through your diet or applied topically.
- Best hair care- So the B vitamins can help with your hair? They can aid in hair loss if you have that problem. They will help you with shiny and thick hair and thiamine is beneficial for helping to improve the circulation of your scalp. This accelerates the growth process and delivers oxygen to the hair follicles. You don’t want your hair to become thin and dull or brittle. Vitamin B can help you in avoiding this.
- Prevents anemia- Vitamin B9 (folate) helps with promoting red blood cells and helps in the prevention against anemia. But it is also extremely important for women during pregnancy because it protects against specific birth defects and helps to promote healthy fetal development.
- Neutralizes the aging process- Vitamin B and B1 specifically is the antioxidant which is helpful with increasing blood circulation. It protects you from not only the effects of normal aging, but from alcohol consumption and smoking.
- Growth of cells- Vitamins B7 and B9 help in maintaining a healthy blood glucose level, they aid in producing fatty acids and help with the developing of cell growth and making new cells. Certain B vitamins are responsible for burning fat and providing glucose for energy.
To Sum up What Vitamin B’s are Beneficial for
- Healthy appetite
- Cardiovascular health
- Red blood cell growth
- Proper digestion
- Improving and healthy vision
- Boosting energy levels
- Cholesterol production
- Provides functions for a healthy brain
- Health nerve function
- Healthy cells
Vitamin B Recommended Daily Allowances
B1- 1.1 mg
B2- 1.1 mg
B3- 14 mg
B5- 5 mg
B6- 1.3 mg
B7- 30 mcg
B9- 400 mcg
B12- 2.4 mcg
B1- 1.2 mg
B2- 1.3 mg
B3- 16 mg
B5- 5 mg
B6- 1.3 mg
B7- 30 mcg
B9- 400 mcg
B12- 2.4 mcg
You want to make sure that you always check with your doctor as I mentioned before. You are unique and your conditions and amounts may be different from mine. Always discuss everything with the doctor!
The information that I provide on my website is purely based on my own personal experience and subsequent research into the diabetes disease. It is not intended to take the place of medical advice,diagnosis and treatment. Care and investigation should always be sought from an appropriate health care provider. I am happy to discuss my own symptoms, diagnosis and history of my diabetes disease but want to stress that I am not medically trained in any way. All opinions on my website are my own. I have created this site as a way to share information and experiences.
Vitamin B12 For Diabetes is so important as you now know. B12 is good for your health no matter what, but with diabetes it is even that more important. Neuropathy is no fun and having the right amounts of B vitamins can make all the difference in the world. It is smart to eat healthy and get your vitamins from the food you eat.
Reverse Your Type 2 Diabetes Below Now!
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them below and pass this on to others who may need help. I would appreciate it! Thank you for reading and have a happy and a healthy one!
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Rothchild, Sascha (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 336 Pages - 04/19/2022 (Publication Date) - G.P. Putnam's Sons (Publisher)
- ✅ QUICK AND EASY TO USE: Care Touch blood sugar test kit delivers results in only 5 seconds with just a 0.5µL blood sample. There is no programming needed since our blood sugar monitor kit automatically recognizes batch codes encrypted on Care Touch glucose test strips. Our state-of-the-art glucometer kit with strips and lancets includes single-touch strip ejection, so you can hygienically remove used diabetic test strips.
- ✅ EASY DIABETIC MONITORING: The blood sugar monitor kit with strips is capable of saving up to 300 readings. The blood glucose test kit also provides a continuous 14-day average of your readings, making glucose monitoring easy for you and your healthcare provider.
- ✅ PORTABLE AND HASSLE-FREE: The diabetic testing kit comes with a handy glucometer case, which means you can check your blood sugar level at home or anywhere else while staying organized. The 10-depth lancing device and lancets will help make blood sugar testing almost painless and hassle-free.
- ✅ COMPLETE DIABETIC SET: The glucose meter kit with strips and lancets includes: (1) Care Touch Blood Sugar Meter, (100) Blood Glucose Test Strips for diabetes, (1) Lancing Device, (100) Lancets for diabetes testing, (1) 3 Volt Lithium Battery, (1) Glucose meter case for your blood sugar tester and diabetic supplies
- ✅ WE CARE BECAUSE YOU CARE: You care about your health, and we care about you. Care Touch is committed to providing the best quality blood glucose monitoring systems. Our care doesn’t end when your sugar tester diabetes kit arrives at your door. We’re fully dedicated to your satisfaction. If you have any questions or concerns about your glucose monitor kit with strips and lancets - contact us at any time.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- PUREHEALTH RESEARCH - Blood Sugar Formula 3 Bottles
- MANUFACTURED in the USA! 365-DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!
- A DOCTOR-APPROVED NATURAL FORMULA. Seventeen potent ingredients, each scientifically proven to have a significant effect at helping balance your glucose levels, improve glucose sensitivity, protect delicate cells from free radicals, and energy
- HIGH POTENCY. PureHealth Research experts scientifically enhance CHROMIUM with the Vitamin C, E, Mulberry Leaf, Bitter Melon, Cinnamon, L-Taurine, Berberin and other ingredients which are proven to help you support healthy blood glucose levels
- ONE CAPSULE DAILY, THREE BENEFITS: supports healthy sugar and carb absorption, supports insulin levels, supports cardiovascular health
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency support for 365 days a year; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health; daily support for healthy blood glucose levels, 365 days a year
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
Last update on 2022-06-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API