Now while it does not contain a ton of minerals and vitamins, what it DOES contain is large amounts of antioxidants. While cinnamon doesn’t claim to cure diabetes or have definite effects on your A1C, it does help in lowering your sugar levels after meals. Should you Take Cinnamon for Diabetes?
Is Cinnamon Beneficial for Diabetics?
What is cinnamon and where does it come from? It is a spice that comes from the bark of cinnamon trees usually found in South India and Sri Lanka.
Cinnamon studies have linked it to lowering your blood sugar by reducing insulin resistance. In some research studies it’s been shown to reduce blood sugar levels by as much as 24% and cholesterol by 18%.
My thoughts are that if cinnamon does anything to help with lowering blood sugar and any other health benefits, it’s worth it. It can’t hurt unless you overdo it and you don’t want to do that with anything when it comes to your health.
I ALWAYS check with my doctor first before I take anything and you should too. There could be interactions with certain supplements and medications so safety first. If you’re taking any statin drugs to reduce cholesterol, then cinnamon supplements may not be for you. Cinnamon can interact with medications so if you’re taking any medication, ask your physician first!
Just What are the Benefits?
1) Dry Skin Soother
2) Treatment for Rough Skinned Feet
3) Will Help Cure Wounds
It also helps cuts and prevent infections of the skin. Honey and cinnamon paste applied to the skin affected area will kill germs and speed up healing.
4) The Face
Get rid of pimples, blemishes, and acne by mixing: 1 tbsp of cinnamon with 3 tbsp of honey. Do this at bedtime or just leave it on your face for approximately 15 minutes before washing off. Repeat weekly.
5) It can Lighten the Color of Your Hair
If you mix cinnamon powder with your favorite conditioner equally and apply it into your hair evenly, so this way you don’t have streaking. Run a brush through your covered hair and leave overnight. Wash out come morning time.
6) Can Lower Risk of Cancer
Because of anti cancer properties, combat stomach and bone cancers by drinking twice a day cinnamon powder and honey together.
7) Common Cold
Just combine ginger tea to to cinnamon to relieve your common cold. This will make you feel better.
8) Heart Healthy Protection
9) Combats Diabetes
Take a 1/4 tsp of cinnamon daily and after a couple of months your blood sugar levels can be reduced by as much as 30%
10) Allergy Fighter
Because of its properties, cinnamon can fight asthma and common symptoms of allergies.
11) Increases Chances of Longer Life
Take this 3 or 4 times daily: 3 cups water, 4 tsp honey, and 1 tsp cinnamon powder to increase life expectancy.
12) Pain Reliever
Cinnamon treats pain due to relaxation and contraction of your muscles.
13) Battles Viruses & Infections
It is a natural anti everything including: anti viral, anti biotic, and anti fungal and microbial agent. Cinnamon’s oils contain the immune boosting abilities.
14) Weight Loss Aid
It helps reduces sugar cravings and hunger cravings and insulin resistance too.
15) Lowers Cholesterol
16) Circulation Improvement
17) Helps With Insomnia
Cinnamon in many forms especially hot drinks will aid with insomnia.
You Can Watch the Video Below
for More about Cinnamon & Diabetes
18) Memory Booster
Just by smelling cinnamon on a regular basis will help boost brain power and memory.
19) Good for Colon Health
Because of rich antioxidants, cinnamon can help extensively with colon cancer.
20) May Help With Infertility
By balancing the hormone level, it reduces the chances for women in conjunction with infertility.
21) Freshens Breath
Fight off bad breath with cinnamon water or cinnamon sticks.
22) Fights Arthritis
Drink 1 tsp of cinnamon powder, with 2 tsp of honey in hot water, 2x a day to alleviate pain from arthritis.
It doesn’t have as many health benefits as ceylon cinnamon and it is less expensive coming from trees in China and is more readily available. Cassia has more of a spicy taste. This cinnamon contains more “coumarins” which could potentially be more harmful to your liver which is why I mentioned being careful in the safety first section.
Ceylon comes from trees in Thailand and Sri Lanka. This seems to be the clear choice between the two. It contains less coumarin and is better for you. This has a more of a citrus taste and is lighter than cassia. It’s more expensive but either cinnamon will work as long as you don’t take large amounts.
Cinnamon’s Side Effects
Increased Heart Rate
Too much is not good for you. ANY oil should be diluted to less than 2% before it’s safe. If not you will experience rapid heart rates. Check with your physician before you take anything!
You don’t want a toxic buildup in your body. Try it and monitor your dosage of no more than 5 grams each day for 5 weeks.
Some but very few people can have allergic effects. While these are not a life threatening situation, they can include: drop in blood pressure, dizziness, upset stomach, swelling of the hand or face, irregular heartbeat, or nausea.
Conflict With Antibiotics
If you are taking prescribed medications such as antibiotics, then it could be a clash because cinnamon is actually acting as an antibiotic and should be stopped. Consult your doctor.
Coumarin can be Toxic
Because cassia cinnamon contains too much coumarin, it’s advisable to take ceylon cinnamon instead. Coumarin can cause liver failure if you take it daily or in higher dosages.
Irritation of the Skin
Wear gloves when touching cinnamon oil because direct contact can result in skin burning and irritation. Be careful.
Thinning of the Blood
So again, go with ceylon cinnamon because cassia thins your blood and if you’re already on blood thinning medications, you don’t want to take an additional thinner such as the cassia cinnamon.
Cinnamon helps lower your blood sugar but again, you must be careful if you are on diabetes medications. It’s always best to check with your doctor first!
Do NOT take cinnamon if you are pregnant. You could wind up with premature labor because cinnamon can induce contractions.
I hope that you enjoyed this article because it is important and I really wanted to share it with you. The bottom line is to Take Cinnamon for Diabetes. While cinnamon can help with lowering your blood sugar levels, yours in particular may still be too high.
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight loss and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- Excellent Accuracy: metene TD-4116 blood glucose meter and strips are produced with industry-leading chips and biosensor, equipped with industry-leading technologies, conducive to get accurate and reliable measurements
- No Coding: The blood sugar meter gets into measure status automatically once insert the blood sugar test strip to the bottom of the slot, easy to use and easy to read with large display for the senior
- Fast and Reduce Pain: This blood glucose monitor takes just 7s and 0.7µl blood to get the glucose value; The lancing device has 5 depth options to minimize wound and reduce pain
- Better Data Management: This glucometer stores the newest 450 blood glucose values and display the continuous 14/21/28/60/90 day average; the measurements could be exported with windows-based software; help you track and manage your blood glucose better
- Diabetes Testing Kit 207 Piece Set: 100 glucometer strips, 100 30G lancets, 1 blood sugar meter, 1 lancing device, 1 control solution, 2 batteries, 1 protective wallet and 1 user manual; Please feel free to contact us if any problem when using this Diabetes testing kit
- Support cardiovascular health & blood sugar levels with the PurePremium blood sugar support dietary supplement, which contains essential vitamins, minerals and herbs.
- Support healthy glucose metabolism by adding our all-natural heart health supplement to your diet. Our advanced cardiovascular support capsules contain cinnamon, mulberry, vitamin c, vitamin e, magnesium, zinc, licorice root extract and manganese.
- Support blood cholesterol levels and make sure that your heart is healthy and strong. Support healthy insulin function and bolster your immune system against harmful free radicals.
- Our easy-to-swallow capsules support healthy glucose levels and your metabolism at the same time.
- Formulated in the USA. Every PurePremium product comes from an inspected, and GMP certified facility right here in the USA.
- INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS. Insufficient blood applied to test strip will result in wrong readings. Please hold the lancing device firmly against your fingertip for enough sample. Watch our instructional videos in our listings to optimize your testing results. Our friendly customer support will always be here to answer your questions and help to resolve your concerns. (30 Day Money Back Guarantee)
- EXCEEDS INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS. AUVON BGMs can function within ±10%, or ±10 mg/dl of laboratory values over 95% of the time, which is far beyond ISO 15197:2013 passing standard (within ±15% or ±15 mg/dl). The manufacturer is certified with CE mark, GMP, ISO 13485:2016, and ISO 15197:2013 without having any recall on the market in the past 14 years.
- CUTTING-EDGE TEST STRIPS. We use cutting-edge test strips enzymes for blood glucose measurements. Our test strips are produced with unique Automatic Carbon Printing Technique to ensure that the quality of each batch of strips could be relevantly much more stable, precise and accurate. Additionally, PROMISED 0.15USD/pcs would keep you no pressure to repurchase.
- KEEP TRACK OF DATA. Store your test results with time and date helps you track and manage your health while also keeping a continuous 7/14/30 average results. Automatic off means our device works longer without having to worry about wasting battery life.
- ALL IN ONE: 1 x AUVON DS-W Blood Glucose Monitor, 1 x battery, 50 x Blood Test Strips, 50 x 30 gauge Lancets, 1 x Lancing device, 1 x Meter User Guide, 1 x Test Strip User Guide, Our Exclusive Lifetime Warranty and Technical Support and Friendly Customer Service.
Last update on 2021-05-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API