Is Carpal Tunnel From Diabetes? Well, diabetic neuropathy can be caused by high blood glucose levels. It can cause damage to your peripheral nerves, which are the nerves that send signals from your hands and feet. It’s well known that people with diabetes are more likely to get carpal tunnel syndrome as diabetes develops once the fasting blood sugar increases.
What is the Connection Between Carpal Tunnel & Diabetes?
Diabetes can also affect other areas of your body, specifically your central nervous system which consists of your spinal cord and your brain to other areas of your body. It now develops a health condition which can reduce blood flow to the hands, such as diabetes.
Diabetic neuropathy can cause emotionlessness in your fingers, toes, hands, and feet. You may not be able to sleep well as a result of nerve damage to sleep, decrease your quality of life, and can also cause depression.
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition also known as CTR that is derived from the nerve in your hand referred to as the median nerve that gets pressure on it because it travels through a rather narrow channel into your hand.
Diabetic stiff hand syndrome is a painless disorder caused by an increase in collagen in and right below the skin. It can abruptly limit hand function. The carpal tunnel is the narrow area where your tendons and median nerves are and they are between the ligaments and bones at the base of your hands.
The first signs and symptoms of peripheral neuropathy are frequently worse at night. They may include:
- Emotionlessness or reduced ability to feel pain.
- Itchy or burning sensation.
- Sharp pains or spasms.
- Increased compassion to touch.
- The weakness of the muscle.
Causes of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
The main causes of carpal tunnel syndrome are split up into two groups namely the biological causes and the working causes. Although there are 2 groups of causes, it is not easy to determine the exact cause of carpal tunnel syndrome as there are no specific tests that can be conducted.
Carpal tunnel can be caused by inflammation because inflammation is the cause of all diseases and ailments. Inflammation is all over the map and you can experience this from medical issues, or from an injury to your hands, or not giving your hands sufficient rest when you are constantly using them such as typing at the computer.
Studies have shown that constant usage of the wrist may increase the pressure acting on the median nerve and increasing the chances of getting carpal tunnel syndrome.
A constant repeated motion such as swinging a tennis racquet or golf club as well as typing on the keyboard for a long period of time may aggravate the condition.
Some other medical conditions that may increase the risk of contracting CTS are arthritis, osteoarthritis, obesity, and pregnancy. Kidney dialysis patients are also prone to contracting CTS. A damaged kidney will result in the buildup of beta 2-microglobulin, a type of protein.
Genetic factors may also increase the risk of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. If any of your family members have CTS, you are at a higher risk. CTS can run in the family.
The Best Way to Lower Your Blood Sugar is Right Below
- FULL SPECTRUM OF BENEFITS TO PEOPLE WITH BLOOD SUGAR CONCERNS: (1) Promotes normal blood sugar levels, (2) Promotes weight loss, (3) Reduces absorption of sugars & other carbohydrates, (4) Promotes healthy insulin sensitivity & production, (5) Promotes healthy cholesterol, heart, blood vessels & circulation, and (6) Promotes healthy energy.
- HOW GLUCOCIL WORKS: Not many people know that there are 3 Essentials for keeping your blood sugar normal: (1) Reduce sugar absorption from food, (2) Reduce the liver’s sugar production, and (3) Increase the body’s use of sugar for energy. Target any one of the 3 Essentials and you'll improve your blood sugar levels. But target all 3 Essentials together, and you'll help keep your levels within the normal range. ONLY GLUCOCIL TARGETS ALL 3 ESSENTIALS FOR NORMAL BLOOD SUGAR.
- EXTRA STRENGTH SOFTGELS (*2,250mg OF ACTIVE INGREDIENTS PER SERVING): Doctor formulated, proprietary blood glucose management blend, 14 clinically researched ingredients based on more than 100 published research studies, including human clinical studies on Glucocil's proprietary mulberry leaf extract, which was shown to instantly lower peak post-meal elevations by up to 44%.
- OVER 1 MILLION BOTTLES SOLD: The Simple Secret of Targeting All 3 Essentials for Normal Blood Sugar + Support Overall Wellness for Enjoying Life More, since 2008, made in a registered GMP facility in USA, 100,000+ Facebook fans.
- DIRECTIONS: For the first 3 days, take 1 softgel with lunch and 1 softgel with dinner. After 3 days, take 2 softgels with lunch and 2 softgels with dinner. As with any nutritional supplement, talk with your doctor before using Glucocil.
Last update on 2022-01-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
There is an increase in fluid retention and swelling during pregnancy. It usually increases the pressure build-up in the wrist bone and compress the median nerve, causing CTS.
Nerve damage from diabetes cannot be reversed. The reason is because the body cannot naturally repair nerve tissues that have been damaged. Though, researchers are examining methods to treat such cases caused by diabetes.
If carpal tunnel left untreated, the syndrome can lead to weakness and lack of coordination in your fingers and thumb. But if treated, can relieve pressure on the nerve and eliminate the symptoms.
Carpal tunnel syndrome is typically associated with people who use computers a lot and are required to do extensive typing for long periods of time. But what many people are not aware of, is that it is also much more common in individuals who have Type 2 diabetes.
The carpal tunnel area of the wrist is, as the name implies, a tunnel for many different components, including nerves and ligaments, to run through.
In fact, the carpal tunnel itself is surrounded by a band of ligaments. Running through the middle of the carpal tunnel is the median nerve.
You can cause irritations to your hands when you use them repeatedly with the exact same constant movements as if using them to type on a keyboard at your computer.
You are doing internal harm to your ligaments which can result in your ligaments becoming thicker and inflamed and this squeezes on your median nerve. The unfortunate thing is that diabetes and high blood glucose levels can also create a higher level of collagen.
Symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome include a tingling sensation usually in the right hand. It generally affects the thumb, index, middle and ring fingers. However, there are some instances where the small finger will also be affected. There is also some numbness of these fingers associated with this problem.
Sometimes, the effects will resonate into the wrist, forearm and even make its way all the way back into the elbow.
Check Out the Video Below
The symptoms associated with this syndrome persist over time. At first, the sufferer feels pain in the wrist and palm side of the hand. The two hands experience the symptoms. On the palm side of the index, middle and ring fingers, the person suffering from this also complains of numbness, tingling, burning sensations and others.
In normal cases, the fifth finger is not affected by the syndrome as far as symptoms are concerned. Most often, the sensations may spread to the forearm or shoulder