You must be aware that diabetes causes neuropathy and it’s not something to take lightly. I have neuropathy and I know that How to Reverse Neuropathy is by getting control of it. The fact is that it cannot actually be reversed, but as long as you are in control of your diabetes, your neuropathy can improve and not worsen. Let’s see how.
Can you Reverse Neuropathy by Controlling it?
I’ve always read that neuropathy cannot be reversed. While it may be true, I don’t believe it. But what I do know is that at least by controlling your diabetes, you can stifle your neuropathy and calm and control the symptoms you’re experiencing.
The fact is that our eating habits and lack of exercise contribute to neuropathy. That is what we must focus on in order to turn this around. Diabetes is not a death sentence if you learn to control it.
Symptoms arising from neuropathy can be anything relating to tingling, pain, and numbness in your extremities. You can be quite alarmed at first, but take it from me, at the first noticing of these symptoms get in touch with your doctor.
It’s crucial to attack this right from the beginning in order for you to have a chance to put these symptoms at bay and be able to control them from getting worse.
How many times have you been told by your doctor or everyone sles for that matter to try and control your stress. Stress kills. It really takes a toll on your body and its immune system. If your immune system is compromised, then you’re at a weakness to fight back at anything possibly attacking your body.
There are ways to help to control stress such as meditation, yoga, or even essential oils will help. But the bottom line is do at least do something to lower your stress levels. I know it’s easier said than done. I get it. But for the sake of experiencing neuropathy and your body, you must try!
We are what we eat. It’s true and you know it. Food and exercise are the two biggest culprits when it comes to diabetes and neuropathy. That’s why it’s so important to change your eating habits and now, not later.
You’ll be amazed at how much better you start to feel once your body gets all the proper nutrition from the foods that provide it.
You want to eat a well-balanced diet that will help your condition and reduce the need for medications that are currently prescribed to address this situation. You might even eliminate the medications altogether if your doctor approves of course.
You need to eat fat which should be 30% of your diet. This includes cooking with oils such as grapeseed oil, sesame oil, or olive oil. And your protein should be about 40% of your diet. Let’s go with beef, pork, chicken, and fish such as wild caught salmon. And finally your carbohydrate intake should be approximately but no more than 30%. Fruits and vegetables are the obvious choices here, but avoiding the starchy veggies.
I know a lot when it comes to supplements because I’ve researched them for years. Here are the ones I take that really help with neuropathy:
Vitamin B Complex
I used to take B vitamins separately but not anymore. B12 and the rest of the B vitamins are extremely helpful for neuropathy. BUT, too much vitamin B6 can actually cause or make symptoms of neuropathy worse!
Omega 3 and Omega 6
Alpha Lipoic Acid
Alpha lipoic acid is a water and fat soluble antioxidant is one of the best for repairing nerve damage and aiding in any further damage to the nerves. It’s important with this supplement or any other to let your doctor decide just how much for you to take. Everyone is different.
Blood circulation is crucial when it comes to neuropathy and this supplement (which is an amino acid) is vital in providing just that. Again check with your doctor for the dosage.
Exercise & Working Out
Do I really have to tell you how important exercise is? C’mon we all know it! But you need something. Walking, biking, strength training, cardiovascular exercise, tai chi, meditation (good for the nervous system), and even yoga.
Exercise belongs with diet. They are the core for your overall health and for your neuropathy. Find the best exercise machine fr you.
My website is about natural ways to lower blood sugar. So I am not keen on medications because I feel that they are just a band aid effect to the problem, which in this case is diabetes leading to neuropathy.
- Essential Oils – These can be so beneficial for you. You can either apply them to your skin or used as aromatherapy in your diffuser. You must mix these with a carrier oil such as coconut oil. I do both but especially applying a mix of several excellent oils to my feet for comfort and relief. Check them out HERE.
- Acupuncture – This Chinese tradition can help with neuropathy for many folks.
- Foot Reflexology & Massage – This works wonders for me. I just love having foot reflexology done because it feels so good and increases blood flow to my feet!
There are medications such as Gabapentin and Lyrica that can also help. This is something you obviously need to speak to your doctor about as well.
With neuropathy it is absolutely essential that you check your feet everyday and also see a podiatrist regularly. Make sure you trim your toenails neatly and keep your feet clean and keep a record of what you do and when. I cannot stress enough how crucial this is for your feet!
These are the best ways on How to Reverse Neuropathy. Because in essence you are controlling it and not letting it get worse. The smartest thing is to let someone else know about this article who might me on the way to neuropathy so that they might possibly prevent and avoid diabetes and neuropathy.
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight loss and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- REVOLUTIONARY BLEND AND HIGH DOSES: Daily Support is NOT just another multivitamin! Compare our doses to others - we include more natural ingredients needed for daily Diabetes support and blood sugar regulation. Each bottle contains a one month supply.
- POWERFUL 7 IN 1 BLEND: Daily Support is a specialized blend of 7 ultra-potent, completely natural, and pure ingredients for Type 2 Diabetes support. Each daily dose includes Cinnamon, Banaba, Chromium Picolinate, Milk Thistle, Magnesium Oxide, Vitamin B12, and Bilberry Fruit Powder.
- COMBAT INSULIN RESISTANCE: Diabetes Doctor's powerful blend of Cinnamon, Banaba, Magnesium, and Chromium helps promote healthy insulin function, higher energy levels, and support pancreas health.
- CORRECT NUTRITIONAL DEFICIENCIES: Magnesium and Vitamin B12 deficiencies are very common with Type 2 Diabetes. These deficiencies can aggravate insulin resistance and contribute to heart risk and nerve pain. Daily Support provides you with full doses of both essential vitamins and minerals.
- SUPPORT HEALTHY VITAL ORGANS: Daily Support contains Milk Thistle, which aids in promoting healthy heart, liver, kidney, and pancreas function - organs that can be affected by diabetes.
- Excellent Accuracy: metene TD-4116 blood glucose meter and strips are produced with industry-leading chips and biosensor, equipped with industry-leading technologies, conducive to get accurate and reliable measurements
- No Coding: The blood sugar meter gets into measure status automatically once insert the blood sugar test strip to the bottom of the slot, easy to use and easy to read with large display for the senior
- Fast and Reduce Pain: This blood glucose monitor takes just 7s and 0.7µl blood to get the glucose value; The lancing device has 5 depth options to minimize wound and reduce pain
- Better Data Management: This glucometer stores the newest 450 blood glucose values and display the continuous 14/21/28/60/90 day average; the measurements could be exported with windows-based software; help you track and manage your blood glucose better
- Diabetes Testing Kit 207 Piece Set: 100 glucometer strips, 100 30G lancets, 1 blood sugar meter, 1 lancing device, 1 control solution, 2 batteries, 1 protective wallet and 1 user manual; Please feel free to contact us if any problem when using this Diabetes testing kit
- Support cardiovascular health & blood sugar levels with the PurePremium blood sugar support dietary supplement, which contains essential vitamins, minerals and herbs.
- Support healthy glucose metabolism by adding our all-natural heart health supplement to your diet. Our advanced cardiovascular support capsules contain cinnamon, mulberry, vitamin c, vitamin e, magnesium, zinc, licorice root extract and manganese.
- Support blood cholesterol levels and make sure that your heart is healthy and strong. Support healthy insulin function and bolster your immune system against harmful free radicals.
- Our easy-to-swallow capsules support healthy glucose levels and your metabolism at the same time.
- Formulated in the USA. Every PurePremium product comes from an inspected, and GMP certified facility right here in the USA.
Last update on 2021-03-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API