You must be aware that diabetes causes neuropathy and it’s not something to take lightly. I have neuropathy and I know that How to Reverse Neuropathy is by getting control of it. The fact is that it cannot actually be reversed, but as long as you are in control of your diabetes, your neuropathy can improve and not worsen. Let’s see how.
Can you Reverse Neuropathy by Controlling it?
I’ve always read that neuropathy cannot be reversed. While it may be true, I don’t believe it. But what I do know is that at least by controlling your diabetes, you can stifle your neuropathy and calm and control the symptoms you’re experiencing.
The fact is that our eating habits and lack of exercise contribute to neuropathy. That is what we must focus on in order to turn this around. Diabetes is not a death sentence if you learn to control it.
Symptoms arising from neuropathy can be anything relating to tingling, pain, and numbness in your extremities. You can be quite alarmed at first, but take it from me, at the first noticing of these symptoms get in touch with your doctor.
It’s crucial to attack this right from the beginning in order for you to have a chance to put these symptoms at bay and be able to control them from getting worse.
How many times have you been told by your doctor or everyone sles for that matter to try and control your stress. Stress kills. It really takes a toll on your body and its immune system. If your immune system is compromised, then you’re at a weakness to fight back at anything possibly attacking your body.
There are ways to help to control stress such as meditation, yoga, or even essential oils will help. But the bottom line is do at least do something to lower your stress levels. I know it’s easier said than done. I get it. But for the sake of experiencing neuropathy and your body, you must try!
We are what we eat. It’s true and you know it. Food and exercise are the two biggest culprits when it comes to diabetes and neuropathy. That’s why it’s so important to change your eating habits and now, not later.
You’ll be amazed at how much better you start to feel once your body gets all the proper nutrition from the foods that provide it.
You want to eat a well-balanced diet that will help your condition and reduce the need for medications that are currently prescribed to address this situation. You might even eliminate the medications altogether if your doctor approves of course.
You need to eat fat which should be 30% of your diet. This includes cooking with oils such as grapeseed oil, sesame oil, or olive oil. And your protein should be about 40% of your diet. Let’s go with beef, pork, chicken, and fish such as wild caught salmon. And finally your carbohydrate intake should be approximately but no more than 30%. Fruits and vegetables are the obvious choices here, but avoiding the starchy veggies.
I know a lot when it comes to supplements because I’ve researched them for years. Here are the ones I take that really help with neuropathy:
Vitamin B Complex
I used to take B vitamins separately but not anymore. B12 and the rest of the B vitamins are extremely helpful for neuropathy. BUT, too much vitamin B6 can actually cause or make symptoms of neuropathy worse!
Omega 3 and Omega 6
Alpha Lipoic Acid
Alpha lipoic acid is a water and fat soluble antioxidant is one of the best for repairing nerve damage and aiding in any further damage to the nerves. It’s important with this supplement or any other to let your doctor decide just how much for you to take. Everyone is different.
Blood circulation is crucial when it comes to neuropathy and this supplement (which is an amino acid) is vital in providing just that. Again check with your doctor for the dosage.
Exercise & Working Out
Do I really have to tell you how important exercise is? C’mon we all know it! But you need something. Walking, biking, strength training, cardiovascular exercise, tai chi, meditation (good for the nervous system), and even yoga.
Exercise belongs with diet. They are the core for your overall health and for your neuropathy. Find the best exercise machine fr you.
My website is about natural ways to lower blood sugar. So I am not keen on medications because I feel that they are just a band aid effect to the problem, which in this case is diabetes leading to neuropathy.
- Essential Oils – These can be so beneficial for you. You can either apply them to your skin or used as aromatherapy in your diffuser. You must mix these with a carrier oil such as coconut oil. I do both but especially applying a mix of several excellent oils to my feet for comfort and relief. Check them out HERE.
- Acupuncture – This Chinese tradition can help with neuropathy for many folks.
- Foot Reflexology & Massage – This works wonders for me. I just love having foot reflexology done because it feels so good and increases blood flow to my feet!
There are medications such as Gabapentin and Lyrica that can also help. This is something you obviously need to speak to your doctor about as well.
With neuropathy it is absolutely essential that you check your feet everyday and also see a podiatrist regularly. Make sure you trim your toenails neatly and keep your feet clean and keep a record of what you do and when. I cannot stress enough how crucial this is for your feet!
These are the best ways on How to Reverse Neuropathy. Because in essence you are controlling it and not letting it get worse. The smartest thing is to let someone else know about this article who might me on the way to neuropathy so that they might possibly prevent and avoid diabetes and neuropathy.
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Rothchild, Sascha (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 336 Pages - 04/19/2022 (Publication Date) - G.P. Putnam's Sons (Publisher)
- ✅ QUICK AND EASY TO USE: Care Touch blood sugar test kit delivers results in only 5 seconds with just a 0.5µL blood sample. There is no programming needed since our blood sugar monitor kit automatically recognizes batch codes encrypted on Care Touch glucose test strips. Our state-of-the-art glucometer kit with strips and lancets includes single-touch strip ejection, so you can hygienically remove used diabetic test strips.
- ✅ EASY DIABETIC MONITORING: The blood sugar monitor kit with strips is capable of saving up to 300 readings. The blood glucose test kit also provides a continuous 14-day average of your readings, making glucose monitoring easy for you and your healthcare provider.
- ✅ PORTABLE AND HASSLE-FREE: The diabetic testing kit comes with a handy glucometer case, which means you can check your blood sugar level at home or anywhere else while staying organized. The 10-depth lancing device and lancets will help make blood sugar testing almost painless and hassle-free.
- ✅ COMPLETE DIABETIC SET: The glucose meter kit with strips and lancets includes: (1) Care Touch Blood Sugar Meter, (100) Blood Glucose Test Strips for diabetes, (1) Lancing Device, (100) Lancets for diabetes testing, (1) 3 Volt Lithium Battery, (1) Glucose meter case for your blood sugar tester and diabetic supplies
- ✅ WE CARE BECAUSE YOU CARE: You care about your health, and we care about you. Care Touch is committed to providing the best quality blood glucose monitoring systems. Our care doesn’t end when your sugar tester diabetes kit arrives at your door. We’re fully dedicated to your satisfaction. If you have any questions or concerns about your glucose monitor kit with strips and lancets - contact us at any time.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- PUREHEALTH RESEARCH - Blood Sugar Formula 3 Bottles
- MANUFACTURED in the USA! 365-DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!
- A DOCTOR-APPROVED NATURAL FORMULA. Seventeen potent ingredients, each scientifically proven to have a significant effect at helping balance your glucose levels, improve glucose sensitivity, protect delicate cells from free radicals, and energy
- HIGH POTENCY. PureHealth Research experts scientifically enhance CHROMIUM with the Vitamin C, E, Mulberry Leaf, Bitter Melon, Cinnamon, L-Taurine, Berberin and other ingredients which are proven to help you support healthy blood glucose levels
- ONE CAPSULE DAILY, THREE BENEFITS: supports healthy sugar and carb absorption, supports insulin levels, supports cardiovascular health
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency support for 365 days a year; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health; daily support for healthy blood glucose levels, 365 days a year
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
Last update on 2022-06-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API