There are many exercises that are very good for your body. But, Does Exercise Lower Blood Sugar? Yes, it does, but it doesn’t have to be anything that has to be overly strenuous, especially if you have back pain. Let’s look into exercise and it’s relation to helping your blood sugar levels.
What Can Exercise do for Your Blood Sugars?
I want to do everything I can to control my diabetes. It’s important to know all of my options because I do have them and that’s a good thing. I make sure that I choose the right foods to eat and that they help with controlling my blood sugar. I also don’t want extra belly fat.
It’s gotten to the point where it’s just not only about diabetes and sugar levels, high or low. It’s about health in general. Exercising always helps you stay healthier than not exercising.
When I was younger I was very active and I guess taking care of certain health issues was only minor and I didn’t worry, but not with diabetes. This is a battle I will win. It’s all about my attitude and understanding and my will to get healthier. Supplements help big time too!
Which Exercises Help Lower Blood Sugar?
So, it’s common sense that any form of exercise is good for you, right? Of course! Exercise in moderation will aid in raising your heartbeat and because of this your muscles use more glucose so there’s less in your bloodstream. End result? Lower blood sugar over a period of time of continuous daily exercise and relieve stress. You will help to start treating your type 2 diabetes now!
You don’t have to participate in any strenuous exercise program, at least not in the beginning. Once you get started and see results, you won’t want to quit! Quitting isn’t allowed. It’s you that matters so think of the end results. It’s a great feeling as you start to feel those results!
Recently Diagnosed with Diabetes?
SEE THE PRODUCTS YOU NEED TO GET STARTED
List of Exercises to Help You:
I chose the first three on my list to help control my blood sugars.
Watch the Video Below for More About Exercise and Diabetes
Walking does not require any hard effort. You walk to everywhere you have to be, right? You might like to buy a pedometer and aim for 10,000 steps a day. Set aside 30 minutes a day for at least 5 days. (I prefer 7 days). If I’m on the treadmill at the gym, I walk for 30 minutes with a 5 minute cool down period finishing up. It feels great afterward.
It’s more advantageous to walk on some sort of incline. Start out slow and you can work your way up as you improve each week. Walking is also beneficial for lowering your cholesterol and losing weight. It also aids in keeping your blood pressure down.
Consistency is the key here. Choose your time and try and stick to it. It’s best to exercise and walk after a meal, preferably after dinner. If just walking the neighborhood is boring, then find a nearby park or beach. If not, then a gym. Just enjoy the exercise so that you will keep up with it. Go walking with a partner, a friend, anyone who is interested and makes it easier for you.
I love riding my bike. When I lived in New York, the only “safe” place to ride was in a park. It wasn’t was enjoyable riding the streets with all the traffic. I don’t have that problem in Florida. I could ride all day if it wasn’t for the seat. Don’t those bike seats just get to you after a while? I just bought a seat cushion to absorb the bumps and it’s so much easier now. Once you find the comfort that’s right for you, it’s a piece of cake!
And if the weather isn’t cooperating, I can just ride my foldable exercise bike indoors. This enjoyable exercise gets my heart pumping and is helping to lower my sugar. It’s a win/win situation! I love exercising on my indoor bike.
Not all gyms are alike and the one I belong to only costs $9.99 a month. You can’t beat that price for sure! Any kind of aerobics or weight training will help your body and your health. Let the trainers assist you. They’re always willing to help. I go to the gym every other day. It’s best to go after dinner time, but that’s also the time it’s a little more crowded.
But you can’t put a price on getting and staying healthy! Do NOT wait until New Year’s to make the gym “resolution” as most people do and then quit. Don’t join now unless YOU are ready to control diabetes! It’s now or never!
Exercises at Home
It’s raining out and you can’t go walking so you can’t exercise. Wrong! Nice try! You can walk up and down the stairs, do exercises from your TV fitness channel or you-tube, jumping jacks, or sit-ups. How about a dance video? If you love dancing you can dance and exercise to that.
There’s plenty of exercises that can help you lower blood sugar, indoors or outdoors. Just do it. You don’t have to go for an hour at a million miles an hour. Just get it into your mind that you are doing it for YOU!
Make a Plan and Stick to it
Get a water bottle and have it with you whenever you’re exercising. Make sure you have a good pair of walking shoes or sneakers. Don’t skimp on the cost. Your feet will thank you. Have a vision of what you want to see. It is easier to participate in something if you have a partner. Partner or not though, write down your plan. Then stick to it!
I’m sure you know someone who will walk with you. If not and you want to bring MUSIC along to kick it up a notch and give you the motivation and “company” you need, then do it! I always take my music and headphones. The fast paced uplifting music does absolute wonders! When I’m on the treadmill with my music at the gym, it’s powerful!
Fit it into Your Schedule at any Cost
You want to start out slow by having your plan and increasing your exercise a little at a time. Don’t set goals that you know are unreachable. Be realistic. Set your goal, change it as you improve. I’m sure that I never had enough time to exercise.
Until I accepted that I just HAD to make the time. Once I accomplished that, I saw how I had more than enough time to make exercise a necessary part of my healthy lifestyle because I also did not want to feel tired all the time.
But I don’t want to make sound that easy. Really, the hardest part was sitting down and writing down a time schedule. Ok sometimes, things don’t always go exactly as planned. But you what? That’s ok. Just get back on the wagon again.
One time is not a killer. I started at 15 minutes a day and I always fit it in. Then I adjusted to more time and more days each week. I still consider the healthy foods as my fuel.
Accept exercise as a necessary part of life and make it a fun thing to do at the same time. For me, it’s music. It gives me a “high” feeling that I just can’t describe. It’s my exercise buddy. There are times if I am waiting somewhere for something, I find myself doing isometric exercises too. So does exercise lower blood sugar? Exercise is good for my mind as well. For me?
Walking is the best exercise to lower blood sugar. Maybe yours will be different. It doesn’t matter. Enjoy. Do it. Nothing like climbing that mountain to see the view once you get to the top!
Recently Diagnosed with Diabetes?
SEE THE PRODUCTS YOU NEED TO GET STARTED
Exercise is important and I’m sure that you know that. We weren’t meant to just sit around. To be healthy, you need 30 minutes a day 5 days a week minimum of exercise. Up and at em! You can do it!
Track Your Steps Below!
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Dr. Marlene Merritt (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 100 Pages - 04/18/2021 (Publication Date) - Primal Health, LP (Publisher)
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight loss and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- Support cardiovascular health & blood sugar levels with the PurePremium blood sugar support dietary supplement, which contains essential vitamins, minerals and herbs.
- Support healthy glucose metabolism by adding our all-natural heart health supplement to your diet. Our advanced cardiovascular support capsules contain cinnamon, mulberry, vitamin c, vitamin e, magnesium, zinc, licorice root extract and manganese.
- Support blood cholesterol levels and make sure that your heart is healthy and strong. Support healthy insulin function and bolster your immune system against harmful free radicals.
- Our easy-to-swallow capsules support healthy glucose levels and your metabolism at the same time.
- Formulated in the USA. Every PurePremium product comes from an inspected, and GMP certified facility right here in the USA.
- REVOLUTIONARY BLEND AND HIGH DOSES: Daily Support is NOT just another multivitamin! Compare our doses to others - we include more natural ingredients needed for daily Diabetes support and blood sugar regulation. Each bottle contains a one month supply.
- POWERFUL 7 IN 1 BLEND: Daily Support is a specialized blend of 7 ultra-potent, completely natural, and pure ingredients for Type 2 Diabetes support. Each daily dose includes Cinnamon, Banaba, Chromium Picolinate, Milk Thistle, Magnesium Oxide, Vitamin B12, and Bilberry Fruit Powder.
- COMBAT INSULIN RESISTANCE: Diabetes Doctor's powerful blend of Cinnamon, Banaba, Magnesium, and Chromium helps promote healthy insulin function, higher energy levels, and support pancreas health.
- CORRECT NUTRITIONAL DEFICIENCIES: Magnesium and Vitamin B12 deficiencies are very common with Type 2 Diabetes. These deficiencies can aggravate insulin resistance and contribute to heart risk and nerve pain. Daily Support provides you with full doses of both essential vitamins and minerals.
- SUPPORT HEALTHY VITAL ORGANS: Daily Support contains Milk Thistle, which aids in promoting healthy heart, liver, kidney, and pancreas function - organs that can be affected by diabetes.
Last update on 2021-04-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API