There are many exercises that are very good for your body. But, Does Exercise Lower Blood Sugar? Yes, it does, but it doesn’t have to be anything that has to be overly strenuous, especially if you have back pain. Let’s look into exercise and it’s relation to helping your blood sugar levels.
What Can Exercise do for Your Blood Sugars?
I want to do everything I can to control my diabetes. It’s important to know all of my options because I do have them and that’s a good thing. I make sure that I choose the right foods to eat and that they help with controlling my blood sugar. I also don’t want extra belly fat.
It’s gotten to the point where it’s just not only about diabetes and sugar levels, high or low. It’s about health in general. Exercising always helps you stay healthier than not exercising.
When I was younger I was very active and I guess taking care of certain health issues was only minor and I didn’t worry, but not with diabetes. This is a battle I will win. It’s all about my attitude and understanding and my will to get healthier. Supplements help big time too!
Which Exercises Help Lower Blood Sugar?
So, it’s common sense that any form of exercise is good for you, right? Of course! Exercise in moderation will aid in raising your heartbeat and because of this your muscles use more glucose so there’s less in your bloodstream. End result? Lower blood sugar over a period of time of continuous daily exercise and relieve stress. You will help to start treating your type 2 diabetes now!
You don’t have to participate in any strenuous exercise program, at least not in the beginning. Once you get started and see results, you won’t want to quit! Quitting isn’t allowed. It’s you that matters so think of the end results. It’s a great feeling as you start to feel those results!
Recently Diagnosed with Diabetes?
SEE THE PRODUCTS YOU NEED TO GET STARTED
List of Exercises to Help You:
I chose the first three on my list to help control my blood sugars.
Watch the Video Below for More About Exercise and Diabetes
Walking does not require any hard effort. You walk to everywhere you have to be, right? You might like to buy a pedometer and aim for 10,000 steps a day. Set aside 30 minutes a day for at least 5 days. (I prefer 7 days). If I’m on the treadmill at the gym, I walk for 30 minutes with a 5 minute cool down period finishing up. It feels great afterward.
It’s more advantageous to walk on some sort of incline. Start out slow and you can work your way up as you improve each week. Walking is also beneficial for lowering your cholesterol and losing weight. It also aids in keeping your blood pressure down.
Consistency is the key here. Choose your time and try and stick to it. It’s best to exercise and walk after a meal, preferably after dinner. If just walking the neighborhood is boring, then find a nearby park or beach. If not, then a gym. Just enjoy the exercise so that you will keep up with it. Go walking with a partner, a friend, anyone who is interested and makes it easier for you.
I love riding my bike. When I lived in New York, the only “safe” place to ride was in a park. It wasn’t was enjoyable riding the streets with all the traffic. I don’t have that problem in Florida. I could ride all day if it wasn’t for the seat. Don’t those bike seats just get to you after a while? I just bought a seat cushion to absorb the bumps and it’s so much easier now. Once you find the comfort that’s right for you, it’s a piece of cake!
And if the weather isn’t cooperating, I can just ride my foldable exercise bike indoors. This enjoyable exercise gets my heart pumping and is helping to lower my sugar. It’s a win/win situation! I love exercising on my indoor bike.
Not all gyms are alike and the one I belong to only costs $9.99 a month. You can’t beat that price for sure! Any kind of aerobics or weight training will help your body and your health. Let the trainers assist you. They’re always willing to help. I go to the gym every other day. It’s best to go after dinner time, but that’s also the time it’s a little more crowded.
But you can’t put a price on getting and staying healthy! Do NOT wait until New Year’s to make the gym “resolution” as most people do and then quit. Don’t join now unless YOU are ready to control diabetes! It’s now or never!
Exercises at Home
It’s raining out and you can’t go walking so you can’t exercise. Wrong! Nice try! You can walk up and down the stairs, do exercises from your TV fitness channel or you-tube, jumping jacks, or sit-ups. How about a dance video? If you love dancing you can dance and exercise to that.
There’s plenty of exercises that can help you lower blood sugar, indoors or outdoors. Just do it. You don’t have to go for an hour at a million miles an hour. Just get it into your mind that you are doing it for YOU!
Make a Plan and Stick to it
Get a water bottle and have it with you whenever you’re exercising. Make sure you have a good pair of walking shoes or sneakers. Don’t skimp on the cost. Your feet will thank you. Have a vision of what you want to see. It is easier to participate in something if you have a partner. Partner or not though, write down your plan. Then stick to it!
I’m sure you know someone who will walk with you. If not and you want to bring MUSIC along to kick it up a notch and give you the motivation and “company” you need, then do it! I always take my music and headphones. The fast paced uplifting music does absolute wonders! When I’m on the treadmill with my music at the gym, it’s powerful!
Fit it into Your Schedule at any Cost
You want to start out slow by having your plan and increasing your exercise a little at a time. Don’t set goals that you know are unreachable. Be realistic. Set your goal, change it as you improve. I’m sure that I never had enough time to exercise.
Until I accepted that I just HAD to make the time. Once I accomplished that, I saw how I had more than enough time to make exercise a necessary part of my healthy lifestyle because I also did not want to feel tired all the time.
But I don’t want to make sound that easy. Really, the hardest part was sitting down and writing down a time schedule. Ok sometimes, things don’t always go exactly as planned. But you what? That’s ok. Just get back on the wagon again.
One time is not a killer. I started at 15 minutes a day and I always fit it in. Then I adjusted to more time and more days each week. I still consider the healthy foods as my fuel.
Accept exercise as a necessary part of life and make it a fun thing to do at the same time. For me, it’s music. It gives me a “high” feeling that I just can’t describe. It’s my exercise buddy. There are times if I am waiting somewhere for something, I find myself doing isometric exercises too. So does exercise lower blood sugar? Exercise is good for my mind as well. For me?
Walking is the best exercise to lower blood sugar. Maybe yours will be different. It doesn’t matter. Enjoy. Do it. Nothing like climbing that mountain to see the view once you get to the top!
Recently Diagnosed with Diabetes?
SEE THE PRODUCTS YOU NEED TO GET STARTED
Exercise is important and I’m sure that you know that. We weren’t meant to just sit around. To be healthy, you need 30 minutes a day 5 days a week minimum of exercise. Up and at em! You can do it!
Track Your Steps Below!
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Rothchild, Sascha (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 336 Pages - 04/19/2022 (Publication Date) - G.P. Putnam's Sons (Publisher)
- ✅ QUICK AND EASY TO USE: Care Touch blood sugar test kit delivers results in only 5 seconds with just a 0.5µL blood sample. There is no programming needed since our blood sugar monitor kit automatically recognizes batch codes encrypted on Care Touch glucose test strips. Our state-of-the-art glucometer kit with strips and lancets includes single-touch strip ejection, so you can hygienically remove used diabetic test strips.
- ✅ EASY DIABETIC MONITORING: The blood sugar monitor kit with strips is capable of saving up to 300 readings. The blood glucose test kit also provides a continuous 14-day average of your readings, making glucose monitoring easy for you and your healthcare provider.
- ✅ PORTABLE AND HASSLE-FREE: The diabetic testing kit comes with a handy glucometer case, which means you can check your blood sugar level at home or anywhere else while staying organized. The 10-depth lancing device and lancets will help make blood sugar testing almost painless and hassle-free.
- ✅ COMPLETE DIABETIC SET: The glucose meter kit with strips and lancets includes: (1) Care Touch Blood Sugar Meter, (100) Blood Glucose Test Strips for diabetes, (1) Lancing Device, (100) Lancets for diabetes testing, (1) 3 Volt Lithium Battery, (1) Glucose meter case for your blood sugar tester and diabetic supplies
- ✅ WE CARE BECAUSE YOU CARE: You care about your health, and we care about you. Care Touch is committed to providing the best quality blood glucose monitoring systems. Our care doesn’t end when your sugar tester diabetes kit arrives at your door. We’re fully dedicated to your satisfaction. If you have any questions or concerns about your glucose monitor kit with strips and lancets - contact us at any time.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- PUREHEALTH RESEARCH - Blood Sugar Formula 3 Bottles
- MANUFACTURED in the USA! 365-DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!
- A DOCTOR-APPROVED NATURAL FORMULA. Seventeen potent ingredients, each scientifically proven to have a significant effect at helping balance your glucose levels, improve glucose sensitivity, protect delicate cells from free radicals, and energy
- HIGH POTENCY. PureHealth Research experts scientifically enhance CHROMIUM with the Vitamin C, E, Mulberry Leaf, Bitter Melon, Cinnamon, L-Taurine, Berberin and other ingredients which are proven to help you support healthy blood glucose levels
- ONE CAPSULE DAILY, THREE BENEFITS: supports healthy sugar and carb absorption, supports insulin levels, supports cardiovascular health
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency support for 365 days a year; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health; daily support for healthy blood glucose levels, 365 days a year
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
Last update on 2022-06-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API