Whether you’ve just been diagnosed with diabetes or in need of a testing kit, you want a blood glucose monitor that you can rely on. It’s vital to know what your numbers are and that your machine provides accurate readings. Of the best blood glucose meter reviews, I want to provide the best information I can to help you make a decision about the Best Blood Glucose Meters Reviews. This review is about the Contour Next Diabetic Testing Starter Kit.
Quick Review of The Contour Next Diabetic Testing Kit
Product: Contour Next Diabetic Testing Starter Kit
- Lansing device
- 50 test strips
- 50 Lancets
Amazon customer rating: 9 out of 10
The Quality of the Contour Next Diabetes Kit
It is important because you don’t want to be using an inferior product. Testing your blood sugar is very important and through superior and advanced technology, you’re assured to be using one of the most accurate diabetes test meters today. Controlling blood sugar leads to better health. You want the best diabetes testing kit.
By having no coding in the testing process, it will be one less step to do. You don’t want to have error codes so this eliminates that possibility. Accuracy is absolutely crucial and this can be achieved with the Contour Next meter multi-pulse technology. After all, you are looking for a product you can count on, right?
You want to be able to make decisions about your diabetes and its control by keeping an accurate check of your numbers. So while medications and insulin injections may be a temporary solution, changing your diet and exercising is more of a permanent solution. The Contour Next helps you do just that.
How Easy is it to Use?
It’s important to use a diabetes testing meter that’s not complicated and fairly easy to use. The on-screen messages are simple to read and deliver extremely accurate results that are totally understandable. By having a feature called “second chance” it is possible when testing that you can apply more blood.
This leads to using fewer strips and therefore saving money. The on- screen instructions are available in 14 languages which includes English and Spanish. For a blood sugar testing kit, It’s very user friendly and far superior than most others.
Contour Next Diabetic Testing Starter Kit Features:
- Each use of multi-pulse technology of a single drop of blood produces 7 times more accuracy
- No coding means no chance of miscoding which eliminates incorrect test results
- It only takes 5 seconds to get accurate results
- Insert the test strip with no hassles
- Patients and their doctors have a much better knowledge to track patterns with one week, two weeks, and 30 day averages of their glucose levels.
- Obtaining the correct amount of blood is simple
- Packaged exclusively for OTC outlet
- As far as diabetes testing meters it is second to none
Information and Tips About Blood Glucose Meters & Accurate Testing
- Proper storage is very important. Be sure that meters and test strips are away from extreme temperatures and humidity. Test strips should have limited time that they are exposed to air.
- It’s best to keep a record of your blood sugar levels.
- Check your test strips for expiration date to avoid inaccurate results. This is VERY important!
- Always wash your hands with soap and water before testing your sugar. And then use alcohol wipes as well!
- Stick the side of your finger rather than the middle. This will create less sore spots.
- Use a new lancet EVERY time you test.
- Carefully read and do not dismiss any instructions in the user manual.
- Check your levels more often than usual if you aren’t feeling well.
- Clean your meter regularly to keep it operating efficiently.
- CDC recommends testing between 2 and 4 times a day if you are on insulin
- Consider testing before and after meals to see how your diet affects your blood glucose levels
- Simple to use
- Very accurate
- No coding
- Great for travel, comes with case
- Fast results
- Long expiration time for test strips
- Batteries included
- Lancets are thinner
- Strips are affordable
- Rated # 1 Best seller in blood glucose monitors
- May be a bit expensive
- Inferior design of lancets reported
- May get different readings in different fingers
Contour Next Testing Kit Includes:
- Contour Next EZ meter
- 50 Contour next test strips
- 50 – 30g lancets
- Lancing device
- Contour next control solution
- Instruction booklet
- Contour Next carry case
- Contour Next is the 1 rated test strip in the world, in accuracy and fast results.
- All components have an expiration date of 12-18 Months
- Packaged exclusively for OTC outlet
Out of the Best Blood Glucose Meter Reviews, I reviewed the Contour Next because it is without a doubt the best blood glucose monitor. One very important thing I want to point out is about the test strips. Expired test strips can be very inaccurate.
It’s not like dairy products that you shouldn’t use right away after expiration, but the accuracy lessens as the strips expire. Don’t let this happen. Your Contour Next meter and testing is only as good as the testing strips you use.
Test strips should also have a limited time that they are exposed to air. Your health is not worth a shortcut by trying to save money by using expired strips. Don’t do it. Once you get low, get some more. You can get inaccurate readings with bad testing strips.
Choosing a good blood glucose testing kit is important. Contour Next should be considered as the best blood sugar monitor. It is the lifeline to what is going on inside your body. I believe it’s a good idea when testing to record your results each time and bring the notes/charts with you to your doctor on your next visit to discuss.
You want to log the date and times of the tests, before or after a meal, what foods you ate, any exercises you performed and medications you’re taking.