Aspirin is the wonder drug and it’s no wonder. It can help to prevent a heart attack in folks with type 2 diabetes. Ever since I was a kid I always turned to aspirin when I had a headache. But now having diabetes, I’ve learned what the benefit is with Aspirin For Diabetics.
What are the Benefits of This Awesome Wonder Drug?
Aspirin is a nonsteroidal drug that is anti-inflammatory, is a blood thinner and has many uses. For starters it treats headaches, fever, and pain. It is extremely beneficial for lowering your risk of a heart attack.
So when I think back to when I couldn’t even swallow any pill as a kid, my mom used to mash it up in apple sauce. Growing up one could only think that aspirin was just for a headache, but today?
No, aspirin is way more useful than for headaches only. My main concern is diabetes. That affects heart attack risks big time. (2-4 times higher risk)
Why is the risk so much higher for heart disease if you’re a diabetic? I don’t want diabetes or heart attacks anymore than anyone else does. And once you’re diagnosed with diabetes, the next thing that you can do to help yourself is to control it. This is crucial.
Testing your blood sugar everyday and keeping your glucose numbers in check will help to lower your risk of heart disease and other complications from diabetes. Aspirin can help to lower your blood sugar as long as you only take small doses such as 81 mg a day. But ask your physician first!
So the reasons for higher risks of heart disease and especially when you have diabetes, is that you can develop blood clots from platelets sticking together (causing the clotting). This occurs because you have a higher production of “thromboxane” which is what the substance is called that is responsible causing your blood vessels to be constricted and result in the clotting.
Aspirin to the Rescue
So how does aspirin help? It prevents the production of the thromboxane which in turn helps to prevent the clotting and the constriction of your blood vessels which could lead to a heart attack. Aspirin is beneficial for people who have already had a heart attack and also never had heart disease before. My doctor recommended that I take it and I do. I always check with him first.
Studies were performed and folks who never had previous heart disease and started on aspirin lowered their risk by 45%! According to the American Diabetes Association, any diabetic patient who shows evidence of previous bypass, angina, stroke, heart disease, or previous heart attack should be taking aspirin daily.
Before proceeding any further, my advice is to always consult your physician with any health decision or anything you decide to take that’s new to your body. They should be aware and make the decision as to what’s medically best for you.
Aspirin should be a consideration in both women and men who are at high risk for diabetes. This especially the case in diabetics that are associated with:
- High cholesterol levels
- Heart disease family history
- Being over the age of 30
- High blood pressure
And while the taking of aspirin can possibly reduce your chance of heart attack by 30%, unless you have underlying issues with bleeding or anything that aspirin would have a negative effect on, then the benefits of aspirin outweigh the risks.
So being a diabetic and raising your risks of heart disease should make using aspirin as a therapy to help prevent a heart attack a much easier well balanced decision. My doctor started me on 81mg (baby aspirin) years ago because he knew it was best for me.
I could read everything I wanted to about aspirin and heart attacks and diabetes, but the final decision was made by my doctor, not but me alone.
While my goal is to lower my blood sugar the natural way and not take medications, it does take time and even when the time comes and my glucose numbers are in the normal range, my doctor and I will sit down and discuss it.
But I wouldn’t be surprised and I wouldn’t object to it if he kept me on aspirin. At least I wouldn’t be taking any prescription medications anymore that can eventually have negative effects on my body.
One of the biggest reasons to run everything by your doctor is because aspirin can not only be very beneficial but also detrimental as well. This is about the dosages that you take. A small dosage is the best, but you certainly don’t want to be overdoing it with aspirin. Gastrointestinal bleeding is a major risk concern.
Watch the Video for More About Aspirin- the Wonder Drug
Other Benefits of Taking Aspirin
1) Liver Cancer
Aspirin can help fight against liver disease. Studies were performed on individuals taking aspirin for a time period of one year and found that they lowered their risk of other liver cancer complications and additionally reduced their chance of death from chronic liver disease by almost 60%!
2) Your Brain
How many headaches have you experienced? Aspirin works well with relieving the pain from inflammation in the brain. Aspirin has been tested and after a few years it has shown that it not only breaks down proteins that are responsible for causing plaque in the part of the brain that stores memories, it cuts the risk of Alzheimer’s by almost 55%.
In addition it raised the memory scores of the people participating in the study.
Since skin cancer is one of the most well known cancers in the world today, it should be noted that it has increased in recent years here in the United States. Melanoma is the deadliest of skin cancers. In studies done for a dozen years in women who have taken aspirin regularly it was discovered that the risk of melanoma could be lowered. What the tests revealed was that aspirin activated genes that were tumor suppressant and aided in the death of the cells.
The longer that aspirin is used, the lower the risk of melanoma. There are other factors involved here including how you treat your skin and how well you protect yourself from the sun, but also your genetic makeup. It’s not wise to just take aspirin and go lay in the sun. Be responsible!
4) Colon Cancer
Colon and rectal cancer is not something to take lightly. Aside from seeing your physician regularly, your gastroenterologist, and having a colonoscopy, aspirin offers the biggest reduced risk of any other cancer in colon cancer.
5) Age Past 50
The older you get the more risk you can be at for stroke and heart attack. Taking aspirin from the ages of 50-60 may greatly reduce these risks. The reason it is so important to be taking aspirin during these particular years is because it actually can take ten years for the aspirin to take effect. Discuss with your physician about taking for another ten years if you’ve stayed healthy and free from disease.
6) Breast Cancer
Testing that has been done on women taking a low dose aspirin each day cut their risk of breast cancer by 30%. Again low dosage is the key here.
7) Bites and Stings
Aspirin can help in reducing the swelling, redness, and pain from stings or bites from bugs and insects because of its anti-inflammatory properties. You can make a paste from aspirin and water and apply to the area.
You can mix your shampoo with aspirin and apply to your scalp which will help to exfoliate the flakes on the skin and reduce inflammation of your scalp that cause dandruff.
9) Foot Calluses
You can really soften hard calluses on your feet by crushing five aspirins down into a powder and then mix with one half of a teaspoon of water and one half of a teaspoon of lemon juice and apply to the affected areas and wrap your foot or feet in a warm, not hot towel and stay off your feet for 10-15 minutes and then take a pumice stone and file down to soften the calluses.
10) Pimples and Zits
Grinding up some aspirin and adding to water to make a paste that you can put on your pimples and kits and wait a few minutes before rinsing off carefully so that you don’t rub off too much and you should see the nasty things start to decrease in size and redness as well. this occurs because of salicylic acid in the aspirin.
Partying and a little too much to drink last night? Two aspirin before bed will at least help to lessen the severity of your morning hangover. And to help with the morning headache, take another two. But do not take acetaminophen when you’ve been drinking because it can destroy your liver!
Dangers of Aspirin
Aspirin should NOT be taken for people who have:
- A known allergy to aspirin
- Allergy to ibuprofen
- Hemophilia (anything to do with bleeding as well)
- Drink alcohol on a regular basis
- A peptic ulcer
- Are about to undergo any type of surgery, medical or dental
Aspirin should ONLY be taken under a doctor’s supervision if you have:
- Liver problems
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Kidney issues
- NEVER during a stroke! Aspirin could make things worse!
So now you know a little more about Aspirin For Diabetics and the positives and negatives of taking it. A small dosage baby aspirin can help to lower your blood sugar too. Again, check with your doctor before taking daily.
Reverse Your Type 2 Diabetes Now
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight loss and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- Excellent Accuracy: metene TD-4116 blood glucose meter and strips are produced with industry-leading chips and biosensor, equipped with industry-leading technologies, conducive to get accurate and reliable measurements
- No Coding: The blood sugar meter gets into measure status automatically once insert the blood sugar test strip to the bottom of the slot, easy to use and easy to read with large display for the senior
- Fast and Reduce Pain: This blood glucose monitor takes just 7s and 0.7µl blood to get the glucose value; The lancing device has 5 depth options to minimize wound and reduce pain
- Better Data Management: This glucometer stores the newest 450 blood glucose values and display the continuous 14/21/28/60/90 day average; the measurements could be exported with windows-based software; help you track and manage your blood glucose better
- Diabetes Testing Kit 207 Piece Set: 100 glucometer strips, 100 30G lancets, 1 blood sugar meter, 1 lancing device, 1 control solution, 2 batteries, 1 protective wallet and 1 user manual; Please feel free to contact us if any problem when using this Diabetes testing kit
- Support cardiovascular health & blood sugar levels with the PurePremium blood sugar support dietary supplement, which contains essential vitamins, minerals and herbs.
- Support healthy glucose metabolism by adding our all-natural heart health supplement to your diet. Our advanced cardiovascular support capsules contain cinnamon, mulberry, vitamin c, vitamin e, magnesium, zinc, licorice root extract and manganese.
- Support blood cholesterol levels and make sure that your heart is healthy and strong. Support healthy insulin function and bolster your immune system against harmful free radicals.
- Our easy-to-swallow capsules support healthy glucose levels and your metabolism at the same time.
- Formulated in the USA. Every PurePremium product comes from an inspected, and GMP certified facility right here in the USA.
- INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS. Insufficient blood applied to test strip will result in wrong readings. Please hold the lancing device firmly against your fingertip for enough sample. Watch our instructional videos in our listings to optimize your testing results. Our friendly customer support will always be here to answer your questions and help to resolve your concerns. (30 Day Money Back Guarantee)
- EXCEEDS INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS. AUVON BGMs can function within ±10%, or ±10 mg/dl of laboratory values over 95% of the time, which is far beyond ISO 15197:2013 passing standard (within ±15% or ±15 mg/dl). The manufacturer is certified with CE mark, GMP, ISO 13485:2016, and ISO 15197:2013 without having any recall on the market in the past 14 years.
- CUTTING-EDGE TEST STRIPS. We use cutting-edge test strips enzymes for blood glucose measurements. Our test strips are produced with unique Automatic Carbon Printing Technique to ensure that the quality of each batch of strips could be relevantly much more stable, precise and accurate. Additionally, PROMISED 0.15USD/pcs would keep you no pressure to repurchase.
- KEEP TRACK OF DATA. Store your test results with time and date helps you track and manage your health while also keeping a continuous 7/14/30 average results. Automatic off means our device works longer without having to worry about wasting battery life.
- ALL IN ONE: 1 x AUVON DS-W Blood Glucose Monitor, 1 x battery, 50 x Blood Test Strips, 50 x 30 gauge Lancets, 1 x Lancing device, 1 x Meter User Guide, 1 x Test Strip User Guide, Our Exclusive Lifetime Warranty and Technical Support and Friendly Customer Service.
Last update on 2021-05-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API