Oranges have a glycemic index of only 40 so you can eat them in moderation and not raise your blood glucose levels and not be a concern with gaining weight or having issues with insulin. Oranges also have a glycemic load number of only 5! So, Are Oranges Good For Diabetics? The answer to the question is an affirmative. You can eat them, but in moderation.
Why is this Fruit Beneficial if You Have Diabetes?
Fiber is very effective at fighting diabetes. You need to have your blood sugars controlled and oranges can help. While they are not the best fruit for the job, they are beneficial as long as you don’t overdo it.
And as a diabetic, I would recommend NOT drinking orange juice. Our goal is to avoid sugar and that’s what’s in orange juice.
There are other oranges that you can have as a diabetic. These smaller oranges are mandarins or clementines. These contain less sugar and less calories. But it doesn’t mean you can eat twice as many as regular size oranges. Remember, moderation is the key here.
We are looking at carbohydrates here. I happen to love clementines the best. And they are better than oranges because they contain half of the carbs that regular oranges contain. The bottom line here is that you can have any kind of orange. Just be careful. They are not as low in sugar as the fruits in the berry family. Fruits that are berries are the best fruits for diabetics, but oranges are still good too.
What Benefits do Oranges Provide?
1) Your Vision
You want your eyes to be as perfect as possible. Oranges do provide vitamin A which is beneficial for protecting your eyes against cataracts, macular degeneration, and even possibly blindness from your eyes worsening with age.
Oranges due offer a decent amount of protection for maintaining and promoting better vision and an overall good health for your eyes. I take my eyesight seriously as you should to. Don’t ever not be grateful for the ability to see each and every day!
2) Skin Protection
Your skin is important and you want it looking the best that it can especially as you age. One of the best things for your skin and protecting your cells from damage is beta-carotene. This antioxidant is very powerful and helps in protecting against those nasty free radicals that can harm your cells and your body.
3) Mood Enhancing
It’s the aroma of the citrus oranges that affects your mood. The scent can will calm you and help to alleviate anxiety and stress. Oranges help to enhance serotonin because of the distinct flavonoids they consist of.
Studies revealed that can improve your sex life and at the same time decrease cortisol levels in your body.
You should give it a try. Oranges can be beneficial for you emotionally as well as physically so why not take advantage of a fruit to relax you and put you in a better mood? 🙂 Try it through aromatherapy. Get yourself a diffuser and let me know how it works out for you!
Nobody likes being constipated. It’s very uncomfortable for sure. Not to get too graphic but trying to pass your stool when it feels like rocks is very frustrating and annoying. But fiber can always help this matter. Fiber makes passing your stool so much easier. Water is obviously the biggest help so the high content of water in oranges combined with the fiber makes going to the bathroom much easier!
Check out the Video Below!
High blood pressure is a killer as I’m sure you know. You can take medications but my website is all about the natural ways to lower blood sugar and other health problems as well. Why are oranges good for hypertension? It’s because of their content of potassium. This is a great help in the dilating of your blood vessels. This accompanied by its flavonoids enhance the pliability of your vessels.
6) Your Heart
What’s more important than your heart? It needs to run in optimum form because your health depends on your heart. You have major problems when the flow of blood is interrupted to and from your heart. All of your tissues and organs require blood rich in nutrients and oxygen that your heart provides.
Cholesterol is the heart’s enemy here and oranges can come to the rescue here by helping to lower your cholesterol. Because oranges consist of a lot of soluble fiber, that aids with ridding your blood of fat. So do yourself a huge favor and make sure you have oranges because your heart will thank you for it!
All citrus fruits have the largest content of folate (or folic acid) than most other fruits. A glass of orange juice contains even more folate, but I’d rather see you get folate from the oranges because the juice contains too much sugar and with diabetes, that’s a no-no!
If you wind up being deficient in folate, you may wind up with liver issues, anemia, and ulcerative colitis. It’s just a smart idea to have oranges with folate in your diet rather than take a chance on getting any of those health problems. One other vital benefit that folate provides is the production of your DNA. Of course that’s critically important too.
8) Immune System
I always like to mention your immune system because I just feel that it is that important. Your immune system must be running at its peak performance because those damn free radicals can cause a slew of health issues if they’re not kept in check. You want and need foods such as oranges that are going to boost your immune system.
It’s the antioxidants that are responsible for fighting off and keeping out the free radicals and pathogens that want to get into your body. If you don’t protect your system, it won’t protect you and then you will have major issues my friend! Let oranges help by providing the balance you need that will guarantee that your immune system will work like a well-oiled machine to protect you!
9) Oral Health
Your teeth and gums are vital to your health too. Just how important is it for you to eat? I would say a little 🙂 You want your gums to be healthy because it can affect your whole body if you don’t make sure you’re doing everything that you’re supposed to in protecting and keep those gums healthy. Bacteria gets in between your teeth and affects your gums and makes them unhealthy.
It’s been studied that cardiovascular issues can derive from gums that are unhealthy. When bacteria in your mouth binds with plaque and you can wind up with a respiratory infection from blood flow that becomes blocked. You can help to avoid all of this by consuming oranges with their antioxidants because they are experts at protecting your gums from harmful bacteria and keeping them as healthy as can be.
10) Kidney Stones
I am so thankful to have never had these. You don’t want kidney stones. These little deposits of minerals in your kidneys can cause pain that is beyond describing. The best way to avoid kidney stones is to consume foods such as oranges which consist of high amounts of citrates and citric acid that can prevent the possible formation of kidney stones in the first place.
11) Losing Weight
This is without a doubt one of the biggest health issues on the planet. It seems that so many people are wanting and trying to lose weight. One of the best ways with losing weight is with fiber. The fiber always gives you that full feeling and that leads to eating less and losing weight. That’s why oranges are helpful with weight loss.
Like kidney stones, gout is not something you ever want to experience. With most issues like this where pain is involved, if you were eating right in the first place, this might not have occurred. So avoid the pain and swelling in your joints, knees, ankles, foot, toes, hands, fingers, and elbows. Oranges with vitamin C were shown to have a much lower risk of developing gout.
13) Vitamin C
This is a vitamin that your body is not able to make on its own. There are many foods that can provide you with vitamin C such as broccoli, kale, berries, and citrus fruits. But oranges have always been associated with vitamin C because they are the best source for it! Make oranges part of your diet for sure!
Strong and healthy bones are important. This is especially true when you get older. (like me) Issues with your bones can lead to other problems such as a compromised immune system, becoming fatigued and more. You don’t want to experience any breaks or fractures. Vitamin D has always been know for good bone health. But the vitamin C in oranges is also beneficial for your bone health.
Side Effects (Usually from too many oranges)
- Too many oranges can produce heartburn, weight gain, or irregularity.
- Acid reflux pain
- Problems moving your bowels.
- Possible abdominal cramps and diarrhea
Are Oranges Good For Diabetics? Of course they are! As I said, they may not be the best fruit for diabetics, but in moderate amounts they are beneficial. So you can still eat oranges just don’t eat a whole bushel full! Too much of anything is not good.
Reverse Your Type 2 Diabetes Below
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight loss and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- Excellent Accuracy: metene TD-4116 blood glucose meter and strips are produced with industry-leading chips and biosensor, equipped with industry-leading technologies, conducive to get accurate and reliable measurements
- No Coding: The blood sugar meter gets into measure status automatically once insert the blood sugar test strip to the bottom of the slot, easy to use and easy to read with large display for the senior
- Fast and Reduce Pain: This blood glucose monitor takes just 7s and 0.7µl blood to get the glucose value; The lancing device has 5 depth options to minimize wound and reduce pain
- Better Data Management: This glucometer stores the newest 450 blood glucose values and display the continuous 14/21/28/60/90 day average; the measurements could be exported with windows-based software; help you track and manage your blood glucose better
- Diabetes Testing Kit 207 Piece Set: 100 glucometer strips, 100 30G lancets, 1 blood sugar meter, 1 lancing device, 1 control solution, 2 batteries, 1 protective wallet and 1 user manual; Please feel free to contact us if any problem when using this Diabetes testing kit
- Support cardiovascular health & blood sugar levels with the PurePremium blood sugar support dietary supplement, which contains essential vitamins, minerals and herbs.
- Support healthy glucose metabolism by adding our all-natural heart health supplement to your diet. Our advanced cardiovascular support capsules contain cinnamon, mulberry, vitamin c, vitamin e, magnesium, zinc, licorice root extract and manganese.
- Support blood cholesterol levels and make sure that your heart is healthy and strong. Support healthy insulin function and bolster your immune system against harmful free radicals.
- Our easy-to-swallow capsules support healthy glucose levels and your metabolism at the same time.
- Formulated in the USA. Every PurePremium product comes from an inspected, and GMP certified facility right here in the USA.
- INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS. Insufficient blood applied to test strip will result in wrong readings. Please hold the lancing device firmly against your fingertip for enough sample. Watch our instructional videos in our listings to optimize your testing results. Our friendly customer support will always be here to answer your questions and help to resolve your concerns. (30 Day Money Back Guarantee)
- EXCEEDS INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS. AUVON BGMs can function within ±10%, or ±10 mg/dl of laboratory values over 95% of the time, which is far beyond ISO 15197:2013 passing standard (within ±15% or ±15 mg/dl). The manufacturer is certified with CE mark, GMP, ISO 13485:2016, and ISO 15197:2013 without having any recall on the market in the past 14 years.
- CUTTING-EDGE TEST STRIPS. We use cutting-edge test strips enzymes for blood glucose measurements. Our test strips are produced with unique Automatic Carbon Printing Technique to ensure that the quality of each batch of strips could be relevantly much more stable, precise and accurate. Additionally, PROMISED 0.15USD/pcs would keep you no pressure to repurchase.
- KEEP TRACK OF DATA. Store your test results with time and date helps you track and manage your health while also keeping a continuous 7/14/30 average results. Automatic off means our device works longer without having to worry about wasting battery life.
- ALL IN ONE: 1 x AUVON DS-W Blood Glucose Monitor, 1 x battery, 50 x Blood Test Strips, 50 x 30 gauge Lancets, 1 x Lancing device, 1 x Meter User Guide, 1 x Test Strip User Guide, Our Exclusive Lifetime Warranty and Technical Support and Friendly Customer Service.
Last update on 2021-05-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API