Oranges have a glycemic index of only 40 so you can eat them in moderation and not raise your blood glucose levels and not be a concern with gaining weight or having issues with insulin. Oranges also have a glycemic load number of only 5! So, Are Oranges Good For Diabetics? The answer to the question is an affirmative. You can eat them, but in moderation.
Why is this Fruit Beneficial if You Have Diabetes?
Fiber is very effective at fighting diabetes. You need to have your blood sugars controlled and oranges can help. While they are not the best fruit for the job, they are beneficial as long as you don’t overdo it.
And as a diabetic, I would recommend NOT drinking orange juice. Our goal is to avoid sugar and that’s what’s in orange juice.
There are other oranges that you can have as a diabetic. These smaller oranges are mandarins or clementines. These contain less sugar and less calories. But it doesn’t mean you can eat twice as many as regular size oranges. Remember, moderation is the key here.
We are looking at carbohydrates here. I happen to love clementines the best. And they are better than oranges because they contain half of the carbs that regular oranges contain. The bottom line here is that you can have any kind of orange. Just be careful. They are not as low in sugar as the fruits in the berry family. Fruits that are berries are the best fruits for diabetics, but oranges are still good too.
What Benefits do Oranges Provide?
1) Your Vision
You want your eyes to be as perfect as possible. Oranges do provide vitamin A which is beneficial for protecting your eyes against cataracts, macular degeneration, and even possibly blindness from your eyes worsening with age.
Oranges due offer a decent amount of protection for maintaining and promoting better vision and an overall good health for your eyes. I take my eyesight seriously as you should to. Don’t ever not be grateful for the ability to see each and every day!
2) Skin Protection
Your skin is important and you want it looking the best that it can especially as you age. One of the best things for your skin and protecting your cells from damage is beta-carotene. This antioxidant is very powerful and helps in protecting against those nasty free radicals that can harm your cells and your body.
3) Mood Enhancing
It’s the aroma of the citrus oranges that affects your mood. The scent can will calm you and help to alleviate anxiety and stress. Oranges help to enhance serotonin because of the distinct flavonoids they consist of.
Studies revealed that can improve your sex life and at the same time decrease cortisol levels in your body.
You should give it a try. Oranges can be beneficial for you emotionally as well as physically so why not take advantage of a fruit to relax you and put you in a better mood? 🙂 Try it through aromatherapy. Get yourself a diffuser and let me know how it works out for you!
Nobody likes being constipated. It’s very uncomfortable for sure. Not to get too graphic but trying to pass your stool when it feels like rocks is very frustrating and annoying. But fiber can always help this matter. Fiber makes passing your stool so much easier. Water is obviously the biggest help so the high content of water in oranges combined with the fiber makes going to the bathroom much easier!
Check out the Video Below!
High blood pressure is a killer as I’m sure you know. You can take medications but my website is all about the natural ways to lower blood sugar and other health problems as well. Why are oranges good for hypertension? It’s because of their content of potassium. This is a great help in the dilating of your blood vessels. This accompanied by its flavonoids enhance the pliability of your vessels.
6) Your Heart
What’s more important than your heart? It needs to run in optimum form because your health depends on your heart. You have major problems when the flow of blood is interrupted to and from your heart. All of your tissues and organs require blood rich in nutrients and oxygen that your heart provides.
Cholesterol is the heart’s enemy here and oranges can come to the rescue here by helping to lower your cholesterol. Because oranges consist of a lot of soluble fiber, that aids with ridding your blood of fat. So do yourself a huge favor and make sure you have oranges because your heart will thank you for it!
All citrus fruits have the largest content of folate (or folic acid) than most other fruits. A glass of orange juice contains even more folate, but I’d rather see you get folate from the oranges because the juice contains too much sugar and with diabetes, that’s a no-no!
If you wind up being deficient in folate, you may wind up with liver issues, anemia, and ulcerative colitis. It’s just a smart idea to have oranges with folate in your diet rather than take a chance on getting any of those health problems. One other vital benefit that folate provides is the production of your DNA. Of course that’s critically important too.
8) Immune System
I always like to mention your immune system because I just feel that it is that important. Your immune system must be running at its peak performance because those damn free radicals can cause a slew of health issues if they’re not kept in check. You want and need foods such as oranges that are going to boost your immune system.
It’s the antioxidants that are responsible for fighting off and keeping out the free radicals and pathogens that want to get into your body. If you don’t protect your system, it won’t protect you and then you will have major issues my friend! Let oranges help by providing the balance you need that will guarantee that your immune system will work like a well-oiled machine to protect you!
9) Oral Health
Your teeth and gums are vital to your health too. Just how important is it for you to eat? I would say a little 🙂 You want your gums to be healthy because it can affect your whole body if you don’t make sure you’re doing everything that you’re supposed to in protecting and keep those gums healthy. Bacteria gets in between your teeth and affects your gums and makes them unhealthy.
It’s been studied that cardiovascular issues can derive from gums that are unhealthy. When bacteria in your mouth binds with plaque and you can wind up with a respiratory infection from blood flow that becomes blocked. You can help to avoid all of this by consuming oranges with their antioxidants because they are experts at protecting your gums from harmful bacteria and keeping them as healthy as can be.
10) Kidney Stones
I am so thankful to have never had these. You don’t want kidney stones. These little deposits of minerals in your kidneys can cause pain that is beyond describing. The best way to avoid kidney stones is to consume foods such as oranges which consist of high amounts of citrates and citric acid that can prevent the possible formation of kidney stones in the first place.
11) Losing Weight
This is without a doubt one of the biggest health issues on the planet. It seems that so many people are wanting and trying to lose weight. One of the best ways with losing weight is with fiber. The fiber always gives you that full feeling and that leads to eating less and losing weight. That’s why oranges are helpful with weight loss.
Like kidney stones, gout is not something you ever want to experience. With most issues like this where pain is involved, if you were eating right in the first place, this might not have occurred. So avoid the pain and swelling in your joints, knees, ankles, foot, toes, hands, fingers, and elbows. Oranges with vitamin C were shown to have a much lower risk of developing gout.
13) Vitamin C
This is a vitamin that your body is not able to make on its own. There are many foods that can provide you with vitamin C such as broccoli, kale, berries, and citrus fruits. But oranges have always been associated with vitamin C because they are the best source for it! Make oranges part of your diet for sure!
Strong and healthy bones are important. This is especially true when you get older. (like me) Issues with your bones can lead to other problems such as a compromised immune system, becoming fatigued and more. You don’t want to experience any breaks or fractures. Vitamin D has always been know for good bone health. But the vitamin C in oranges is also beneficial for your bone health.
Side Effects (Usually from too many oranges)
- Too many oranges can produce heartburn, weight gain, or irregularity.
- Acid reflux pain
- Problems moving your bowels.
- Possible abdominal cramps and diarrhea
Are Oranges Good For Diabetics? Of course they are! As I said, they may not be the best fruit for diabetics, but in moderate amounts they are beneficial. So you can still eat oranges just don’t eat a whole bushel full! Too much of anything is not good.
Reverse Your Type 2 Diabetes Below
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Rothchild, Sascha (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 336 Pages - 04/19/2022 (Publication Date) - G.P. Putnam's Sons (Publisher)
- ✅ QUICK AND EASY TO USE: Care Touch blood sugar test kit delivers results in only 5 seconds with just a 0.5µL blood sample. There is no programming needed since our blood sugar monitor kit automatically recognizes batch codes encrypted on Care Touch glucose test strips. Our state-of-the-art glucometer kit with strips and lancets includes single-touch strip ejection, so you can hygienically remove used diabetic test strips.
- ✅ EASY DIABETIC MONITORING: The blood sugar monitor kit with strips is capable of saving up to 300 readings. The blood glucose test kit also provides a continuous 14-day average of your readings, making glucose monitoring easy for you and your healthcare provider.
- ✅ PORTABLE AND HASSLE-FREE: The diabetic testing kit comes with a handy glucometer case, which means you can check your blood sugar level at home or anywhere else while staying organized. The 10-depth lancing device and lancets will help make blood sugar testing almost painless and hassle-free.
- ✅ COMPLETE DIABETIC SET: The glucose meter kit with strips and lancets includes: (1) Care Touch Blood Sugar Meter, (100) Blood Glucose Test Strips for diabetes, (1) Lancing Device, (100) Lancets for diabetes testing, (1) 3 Volt Lithium Battery, (1) Glucose meter case for your blood sugar tester and diabetic supplies
- ✅ WE CARE BECAUSE YOU CARE: You care about your health, and we care about you. Care Touch is committed to providing the best quality blood glucose monitoring systems. Our care doesn’t end when your sugar tester diabetes kit arrives at your door. We’re fully dedicated to your satisfaction. If you have any questions or concerns about your glucose monitor kit with strips and lancets - contact us at any time.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- PUREHEALTH RESEARCH - Blood Sugar Formula 3 Bottles
- MANUFACTURED in the USA! 365-DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!
- A DOCTOR-APPROVED NATURAL FORMULA. Seventeen potent ingredients, each scientifically proven to have a significant effect at helping balance your glucose levels, improve glucose sensitivity, protect delicate cells from free radicals, and energy
- HIGH POTENCY. PureHealth Research experts scientifically enhance CHROMIUM with the Vitamin C, E, Mulberry Leaf, Bitter Melon, Cinnamon, L-Taurine, Berberin and other ingredients which are proven to help you support healthy blood glucose levels
- ONE CAPSULE DAILY, THREE BENEFITS: supports healthy sugar and carb absorption, supports insulin levels, supports cardiovascular health
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency support for 365 days a year; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health; daily support for healthy blood glucose levels, 365 days a year
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
Last update on 2022-06-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API