Mushrooms are one way you can certainly help to lower your blood sugar. They are extremely nutrient dense and healthy and are a low glycemic food of 10 and should be on a diabetics menu. Are Mushrooms Good for Diabetes? There is a lot more to come in answering this question.
What do Mushrooms Offer for your Health?
While you may think and consider mushrooms as fungi, they are actually very healthy for you and they should be included in your diet which should consists of low carbohydrates and fruits and vegetables and foods that are low on the glycemic index.
Because cardiovascular and diabetes are considered chronic diseases that consist of inflammation, mushrooms are able to decrease it because of their anti-inflammatory properties.
Maitake mushrooms are great because of their medicinal properties and that fact that they taste good too. Studies were performed on rats with regards as to how maitake mushrooms affect blood sugar levels and it resulted in improving insulin activity and lowering the sugars as well.
Cordyceps mushrooms have been known to lower blood sugar levels. Research was done and in one study patients given 3 grams of cordyceps mushrooms each day saw results over approximately 95% of the patients.
Reishi mushrooms are known to lower your blood sugars and decrease higher levels of insulin. But if your blood glucose is already low, then you may want to bypass the reishi mushroom.
Lion’s mane- This is a white mushroom from Northern Africa that lowers blood glucose levels too. Lion’s mane produces the molecule NGF which helps to support the health of beta cells that produce insulin.
What are the Health Benefits of Mushrooms?
We need to keep our bodies protected and healthy. There are way too many viruses, bacteria, diseases and free radicals that can cause damage to your body that you obviously don’t want and don’t need.
Your immune system can get boosted by the powerful antioxidants known as selenium and ergothioneine which aid you in protection from any oxidative damage.
And to boost your immune system even further, mushrooms can protect you because it contains penicillin which is as I’m sure you know a powerful antibiotic. So add mushrooms to your diet for protection!
It seems that everyone wants to lose weight, right? Well not everyone but the majority of folks do. By eating healthy foods such as mushrooms, they can help you to accomplish that goal. Obesity is responsible for many diseases and at the top of the list is type 2 diabetes.
Trying your best to lose weight is going to give you better results against diabetes. Mushrooms have no fat or cholesterol, give you lean protein, and are loaded with fiber. These are all the good things you need to help you lose weight and help your type 2 diabetes.
For More on Mushrooms & Diabetes
Watch the Video Below
So speaking of cholesterol, since mushrooms do not contain cholesterol, they happen to consist of fibers known as beta-glucan and chitin which are responsible for lowering your cholesterol. The fiber is responsible for unclogging your arteries that were caused by the LDL bad cholesterol. Eating healthy and staying away from junk food that will clog your arteries in the first place is a good idea.
You don’t even need your doctor to tell you how important it is to maintain a normal blood pressure. High blood pressure can wreak havoc on your entire body and cause a huge number of health problems. Keep your pressure down.
Mushrooms are a huge help because of the zero fats and cholesterol but also because they consist of potassium helps you to maintain a flowing of blood that is good and healthy for you and at the same time helping you to stay calm and relaxing your nerves because that is important too.
Halt Breast Cancer
Most of the world I’m sure is more into the awareness of breast cancer lately. It’s something that should and can be stopped. Knowledge is power and it’s crucial to learn everything about this dreaded disease before God forbid anything ever happens.
What you eat is extremely important for your health. Food is medicine. In order to prevent these free radicals from ever getting a chance to do any damage, eat foods that are rich in antioxidants such as mushrooms that will nullify any effects from the free radicals.
Mushrooms have lots of iron and copper in them. And this is good to know because they connect with each other to help prevent anemia and give you strong healthy bones. Copper will actually aid in the stimulation and controlling the absorbing of getting iron from food. So copper and iron work together and provide these benefits.
Want to Lower Your Blood Sugar?
See the one supplement that works
It’s always good for us when we have something that contains a lot of vitamins. Mushrooms are an excellent source of vitamins for you and can help in addressing issues of insufficiency that your body may be experiencing. Specifically mushrooms are plentiful in riboflavin, niacin, and pantothenic acid.
They are able to help control and keep a red blood cell count that is healthy for you. In addition they also aid in improving the regenerating of your cells and helping to encourage your body’s activity to naturally produce your hormones.
It’s important to have strong bones and especially when you get older. You want to make sure to do this and mushrooms can help because they consist of copper and calcium and we know how important calcium is for your bones.
Avoid osteoporosis and other issues with your bones and joints with getting sufficient quantities of calcium and copper each day to help keep those bones strong. So put mushrooms on your menu whenever you can.
This important vitamin is usually tough to get through plant foods. But mushrooms are an exceptional way to get the vitamin D that your body requires. Sunlight is also a good way to get your vitamin D. This vitamin is beneficial for your nervous system as well and helps your bones as previously mentioned.
Studies were done and the results were that because mushrooms do consist of the antioxidants glutathione and ergothioneine which I mentioned with regards to your immune system, they are linked with anti-aging resources. Anything that helps with aging is good enough for me!
Stroke and Heart Disease
It goes without saying that you most certainly want to avoid and prevent strokes and heart attacks. The Reishi mushroom has a load of defense against both of these issues. Research done showed that reishi contains acids such as mannitol, ganoderic, and coumarin that assist in lowering your blood pressure, triglycerides, rectifying heart rhythms that are abnormal, getting rid of too much cholesterol buildup from your blood, and decreasing the platelets that can stick together and form blood clots that are responsible for strokes and heart attacks.
Helps Battle Free Radicals
Free radicals are the bad guys that cause all the trouble in regards to disease. You can help protect against diseases such as high blood pressure, heart disease, type 2 diabetes, stroke, Alzheimer’s, and cancer by consuming mushrooms and in particular Cordyceps mushrooms.
Stress can do a significant amount of damage to your body and your health. This is NO secret! It’s vital that we try and control our stress levels as best we can because the consequences are enormous. But I know that’s easier said than done, right? We can’t live in a closet, can we?
Eventually you would have to come out of the closet. No, that’s another story 🙂 But seriously stress is a killer and by consuming foods like mushrooms you can help to control stress a bit better.
What is potassium good for? It’s a mineral that is responsible for controlling blood pressure and maintaining the minerals and fluids in your body. So you would think bananas,right? Wrong! The fact is that mushrooms contain more potassium than bananas or almost any vegetable or fruit. So have your bananas because they are good for you but start including mushrooms and get double the benefit of potassium.
Let’s face it. You need all the vitamins for your body. B vitamins are plentiful with the B vitamins. B1, B2, B3, B5, and B9 are all inside mushrooms especially cairns mushrooms. You can find all the benefits of all vitamin B’s right here.
It’s vital that you always stay hydrated and by drinking plenty of water will help you do that. But mushrooms are almost 75% water which will keep you hydrated too.
Mushrooms happen to be one source of selenium that is not talked about much. It’s mainly because it’s found in animal products but since mushrooms are actually a fungus they are the best way for vegetarians to get the right amount of selenium. It’s important because it helps your teeth, hair, nails and helps your bones as well.
It’s always important to run everything by your doctor. While mushrooms can help to lower your blood sugar, you want to be careful when taking medications to do the same. Check your blood sugars regularly and don’t take any chances. Any changes, call your doctor!
Are Mushrooms Good for Diabetes? Now you should know why you should eat mushrooms for diabetes, right? Mushrooms might be something you never thought could help your blood sugars but they most certainly do. Make sure you aren’t allergic to them and that you don’t eat excessive amounts with checking your blood sugars. Be smart and healthy!
Lower Your Blood Sugar?
See the one supplement that works
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight loss and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- Excellent Accuracy: metene TD-4116 blood glucose meter and strips are produced with industry-leading chips and biosensor, equipped with industry-leading technologies, conducive to get accurate and reliable measurements
- No Coding: The blood sugar meter gets into measure status automatically once insert the blood sugar test strip to the bottom of the slot, easy to use and easy to read with large display for the senior
- Fast and Reduce Pain: This blood glucose monitor takes just 7s and 0.7µl blood to get the glucose value; The lancing device has 5 depth options to minimize wound and reduce pain
- Better Data Management: This glucometer stores the newest 450 blood glucose values and display the continuous 14/21/28/60/90 day average; the measurements could be exported with windows-based software; help you track and manage your blood glucose better
- Diabetes Testing Kit 207 Piece Set: 100 glucometer strips, 100 30G lancets, 1 blood sugar meter, 1 lancing device, 1 control solution, 2 batteries, 1 protective wallet and 1 user manual; Please feel free to contact us if any problem when using this Diabetes testing kit
- Support cardiovascular health & blood sugar levels with the PurePremium blood sugar support dietary supplement, which contains essential vitamins, minerals and herbs.
- Support healthy glucose metabolism by adding our all-natural heart health supplement to your diet. Our advanced cardiovascular support capsules contain cinnamon, mulberry, vitamin c, vitamin e, magnesium, zinc, licorice root extract and manganese.
- Support blood cholesterol levels and make sure that your heart is healthy and strong. Support healthy insulin function and bolster your immune system against harmful free radicals.
- Our easy-to-swallow capsules support healthy glucose levels and your metabolism at the same time.
- Formulated in the USA. Every PurePremium product comes from an inspected, and GMP certified facility right here in the USA.
- INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS. Insufficient blood applied to test strip will result in wrong readings. Please hold the lancing device firmly against your fingertip for enough sample. Watch our instructional videos in our listings to optimize your testing results. Our friendly customer support will always be here to answer your questions and help to resolve your concerns. (30 Day Money Back Guarantee)
- EXCEEDS INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS. AUVON BGMs can function within ±10%, or ±10 mg/dl of laboratory values over 95% of the time, which is far beyond ISO 15197:2013 passing standard (within ±15% or ±15 mg/dl). The manufacturer is certified with CE mark, GMP, ISO 13485:2016, and ISO 15197:2013 without having any recall on the market in the past 14 years.
- CUTTING-EDGE TEST STRIPS. We use cutting-edge test strips enzymes for blood glucose measurements. Our test strips are produced with unique Automatic Carbon Printing Technique to ensure that the quality of each batch of strips could be relevantly much more stable, precise and accurate. Additionally, PROMISED 0.15USD/pcs would keep you no pressure to repurchase.
- KEEP TRACK OF DATA. Store your test results with time and date helps you track and manage your health while also keeping a continuous 7/14/30 average results. Automatic off means our device works longer without having to worry about wasting battery life.
- ALL IN ONE: 1 x AUVON DS-W Blood Glucose Monitor, 1 x battery, 50 x Blood Test Strips, 50 x 30 gauge Lancets, 1 x Lancing device, 1 x Meter User Guide, 1 x Test Strip User Guide, Our Exclusive Lifetime Warranty and Technical Support and Friendly Customer Service.
Last update on 2021-05-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API