Mushrooms are one way you can certainly help to lower your blood sugar. They are extremely nutrient dense and healthy and are a low glycemic food of 10 and should be on a diabetics menu. Are Mushrooms Good for Diabetes? There is a lot more to come in answering this question.
What do Mushrooms Offer for your Health?
While you may think and consider mushrooms as fungi, they are actually very healthy for you and they should be included in your diet which should consists of low carbohydrates and fruits and vegetables and foods that are low on the glycemic index.
Because cardiovascular and diabetes are considered chronic diseases that consist of inflammation, mushrooms are able to decrease it because of their anti-inflammatory properties.
Maitake mushrooms are great because of their medicinal properties and that fact that they taste good too. Studies were performed on rats with regards as to how maitake mushrooms affect blood sugar levels and it resulted in improving insulin activity and lowering the sugars as well.
Cordyceps mushrooms have been known to lower blood sugar levels. Research was done and in one study patients given 3 grams of cordyceps mushrooms each day saw results over approximately 95% of the patients.
Reishi mushrooms are known to lower your blood sugars and decrease higher levels of insulin. But if your blood glucose is already low, then you may want to bypass the reishi mushroom.
Lion’s mane- This is a white mushroom from Northern Africa that lowers blood glucose levels too. Lion’s mane produces the molecule NGF which helps to support the health of beta cells that produce insulin.
What are the Health Benefits of Mushrooms?
We need to keep our bodies protected and healthy. There are way too many viruses, bacteria, diseases and free radicals that can cause damage to your body that you obviously don’t want and don’t need.
Your immune system can get boosted by the powerful antioxidants known as selenium and ergothioneine which aid you in protection from any oxidative damage.
And to boost your immune system even further, mushrooms can protect you because it contains penicillin which is as I’m sure you know a powerful antibiotic. So add mushrooms to your diet for protection!
It seems that everyone wants to lose weight, right? Well not everyone but the majority of folks do. By eating healthy foods such as mushrooms, they can help you to accomplish that goal. Obesity is responsible for many diseases and at the top of the list is type 2 diabetes.
Trying your best to lose weight is going to give you better results against diabetes. Mushrooms have no fat or cholesterol, give you lean protein, and are loaded with fiber. These are all the good things you need to help you lose weight and help your type 2 diabetes.
For More on Mushrooms & Diabetes
Watch the Video Below
So speaking of cholesterol, since mushrooms do not contain cholesterol, they happen to consist of fibers known as beta-glucan and chitin which are responsible for lowering your cholesterol. The fiber is responsible for unclogging your arteries that were caused by the LDL bad cholesterol. Eating healthy and staying away from junk food that will clog your arteries in the first place is a good idea.
You don’t even need your doctor to tell you how important it is to maintain a normal blood pressure. High blood pressure can wreak havoc on your entire body and cause a huge number of health problems. Keep your pressure down.
Mushrooms are a huge help because of the zero fats and cholesterol but also because they consist of potassium helps you to maintain a flowing of blood that is good and healthy for you and at the same time helping you to stay calm and relaxing your nerves because that is important too.
Halt Breast Cancer
Most of the world I’m sure is more into the awareness of breast cancer lately. It’s something that should and can be stopped. Knowledge is power and it’s crucial to learn everything about this dreaded disease before God forbid anything ever happens.
What you eat is extremely important for your health. Food is medicine. In order to prevent these free radicals from ever getting a chance to do any damage, eat foods that are rich in antioxidants such as mushrooms that will nullify any effects from the free radicals.
Mushrooms have lots of iron and copper in them. And this is good to know because they connect with each other to help prevent anemia and give you strong healthy bones. Copper will actually aid in the stimulation and controlling the absorbing of getting iron from food. So copper and iron work together and provide these benefits.
Want to Lower Your Blood Sugar?
See the one supplement that works
It’s always good for us when we have something that contains a lot of vitamins. Mushrooms are an excellent source of vitamins for you and can help in addressing issues of insufficiency that your body may be experiencing. Specifically mushrooms are plentiful in riboflavin, niacin, and pantothenic acid.
They are able to help control and keep a red blood cell count that is healthy for you. In addition they also aid in improving the regenerating of your cells and helping to encourage your body’s activity to naturally produce your hormones.
It’s important to have strong bones and especially when you get older. You want to make sure to do this and mushrooms can help because they consist of copper and calcium and we know how important calcium is for your bones.
Avoid osteoporosis and other issues with your bones and joints with getting sufficient quantities of calcium and copper each day to help keep those bones strong. So put mushrooms on your menu whenever you can.
This important vitamin is usually tough to get through plant foods. But mushrooms are an exceptional way to get the vitamin D that your body requires. Sunlight is also a good way to get your vitamin D. This vitamin is beneficial for your nervous system as well and helps your bones as previously mentioned.
Studies were done and the results were that because mushrooms do consist of the antioxidants glutathione and ergothioneine which I mentioned with regards to your immune system, they are linked with anti-aging resources. Anything that helps with aging is good enough for me!
Stroke and Heart Disease
It goes without saying that you most certainly want to avoid and prevent strokes and heart attacks. The Reishi mushroom has a load of defense against both of these issues. Research done showed that reishi contains acids such as mannitol, ganoderic, and coumarin that assist in lowering your blood pressure, triglycerides, rectifying heart rhythms that are abnormal, getting rid of too much cholesterol buildup from your blood, and decreasing the platelets that can stick together and form blood clots that are responsible for strokes and heart attacks.
Helps Battle Free Radicals
Free radicals are the bad guys that cause all the trouble in regards to disease. You can help protect against diseases such as high blood pressure, heart disease, type 2 diabetes, stroke, Alzheimer’s, and cancer by consuming mushrooms and in particular Cordyceps mushrooms.
Stress can do a significant amount of damage to your body and your health. This is NO secret! It’s vital that we try and control our stress levels as best we can because the consequences are enormous. But I know that’s easier said than done, right? We can’t live in a closet, can we?
Eventually you would have to come out of the closet. No, that’s another story 🙂 But seriously stress is a killer and by consuming foods like mushrooms you can help to control stress a bit better.
What is potassium good for? It’s a mineral that is responsible for controlling blood pressure and maintaining the minerals and fluids in your body. So you would think bananas,right? Wrong! The fact is that mushrooms contain more potassium than bananas or almost any vegetable or fruit. So have your bananas because they are good for you but start including mushrooms and get double the benefit of potassium.
Let’s face it. You need all the vitamins for your body. B vitamins are plentiful with the B vitamins. B1, B2, B3, B5, and B9 are all inside mushrooms especially cairns mushrooms. You can find all the benefits of all vitamin B’s right here.
It’s vital that you always stay hydrated and by drinking plenty of water will help you do that. But mushrooms are almost 75% water which will keep you hydrated too.
Mushrooms happen to be one source of selenium that is not talked about much. It’s mainly because it’s found in animal products but since mushrooms are actually a fungus they are the best way for vegetarians to get the right amount of selenium. It’s important because it helps your teeth, hair, nails and helps your bones as well.
It’s always important to run everything by your doctor. While mushrooms can help to lower your blood sugar, you want to be careful when taking medications to do the same. Check your blood sugars regularly and don’t take any chances. Any changes, call your doctor!
Are Mushrooms Good for Diabetes? Now you should know why you should eat mushrooms for diabetes, right? Mushrooms might be something you never thought could help your blood sugars but they most certainly do. Make sure you aren’t allergic to them and that you don’t eat excessive amounts with checking your blood sugars. Be smart and healthy!
Lower Your Blood Sugar?
See the one supplement that works
- Advanced Glucometer Kit: metene TD-4116 diabetes testing kit is equipped with advanced technologies, bring more accurate and reliable results and better experience for your blood sugar control; a control solution is included for checking the glucometer and strips
- Easy to Use: The blood glucose monitor is with code-free design, ready for testing once insert the strip correctly; the quick guide inside the package lists the steps to do a test clearly, easy to follow; any problem about operation, we are here ready to answer and provide glucose monitoring system instructional videos
- 7 Seconds And 0.7µl Blood: This blood glucose meter kit just need 0.7 microliter blood sample and 7 seconds to get you blood glucose value; Fast, minimize wound and less painful
- More Clearly Glucose Trend: 4 modes to record your glucose value according to different time, shows your glucose trend more clearly; 450 blood sugar values storage, continuous 14/21/28/60/90 day average, which bring more convenient Diabetes management for you and your health provider
- User-friendly for The Aged: 4 reminder alarms could be set everyday to remind the aged to do a test in time, considerate; the display is more large than most glucose monitors, showing the results more clearly, easier to read for the aged
- Dr. Marlene Merritt (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 100 Pages - 10/24/2021 (Publication Date) - Primal Health, LP (Publisher)
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- FULL SPECTRUM OF BENEFITS TO PEOPLE WITH BLOOD SUGAR CONCERNS: (1) Promotes normal blood sugar levels, (2) Promotes weight loss, (3) Reduces absorption of sugars & other carbohydrates, (4) Promotes healthy insulin sensitivity & production, (5) Promotes healthy cholesterol, heart, blood vessels & circulation, and (6) Promotes healthy energy.
- HOW GLUCOCIL WORKS: Not many people know that there are 3 Essentials for keeping your blood sugar normal: (1) Reduce sugar absorption from food, (2) Reduce the liver’s sugar production, and (3) Increase the body’s use of sugar for energy. Target any one of the 3 Essentials and you'll improve your blood sugar levels. But target all 3 Essentials together, and you'll help keep your levels within the normal range. ONLY GLUCOCIL TARGETS ALL 3 ESSENTIALS FOR NORMAL BLOOD SUGAR.
- EXTRA STRENGTH SOFTGELS (*2,250mg OF ACTIVE INGREDIENTS PER SERVING): Doctor formulated, proprietary blood glucose management blend, 14 clinically researched ingredients based on more than 100 published research studies, including human clinical studies on Glucocil's proprietary mulberry leaf extract, which was shown to instantly lower peak post-meal elevations by up to 44%.
- OVER 1 MILLION BOTTLES SOLD: The Simple Secret of Targeting All 3 Essentials for Normal Blood Sugar + Support Overall Wellness for Enjoying Life More, since 2008, made in a registered GMP facility in USA, 100,000+ Facebook fans.
- DIRECTIONS: For the first 3 days, take 1 softgel with lunch and 1 softgel with dinner. After 3 days, take 2 softgels with lunch and 2 softgels with dinner. As with any nutritional supplement, talk with your doctor before using Glucocil.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
Last update on 2021-10-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API