Are Mangoes Good for Diabetics? They may control and possibly lower your blood sugars. Regular consumption aids in improving glucose intolerance and lowering insulin resistance. While mangoes are higher on the glycemic index than other fruits, they can still be beneficial for your blood sugar as long as you eat them in moderation.
Why Mangoes can Help with Diabetes
That’s the real secret with mangoes and diabetes. So because mangoes are healthy for you, just don’t have too many IF you are a diabetic. Moderation is the key here. Mangoes can be eaten according to the American Diabetes Association. With some fruits such as berries, they are about the lowest on the glycemic index and the best fruits to have when you have type 2 diabetes.
A word of caution here is do not have a large serving of mango especially if you have diabetes because it could actually spike your blood sugar levels. Mangoes consist of a great deal of vitamin C and vitamin A and high in potassium, copper, calcium, and high in fiber. These are awesome benefits.
In addition, they are low in fat and contain omega-3 fatty acids and omega 6 fatty acids. Now while a mango that is ripe does contain 30 grams of sugar, it’s glycemic load is just 10, it’s the fiber that will aid in limiting a fast absorption of the sugars.
Mango leaves and the extract from them are also know to help treat type 2 diabetes. They are also full of essential minerals and vitamins and the leaves are also able to stabilize your blood sugar, distributing of glucose and the improving of insulin production. The mango leaves can help with lowering the diabetes symptoms of blurry vision and frequent urination.
Health Benefits of Mangoes
*Improve Your Vision- Mangoes are excellent for your improving your eyesight. I always talk about how important my eyes and my vision are. I always have the best food sources for the best health of my eyes and that includes mangoes. Why? It gives us about 1/4 of our daily recommended allowance of vitamin A and that’s the vitamin you want and need for the health of your eyes.
Vitamin A is also responsible for helping you with seeing at night as well. You want to protect your eyes against all conditions including the straining of your eyes, night blindness, the straining of your eyes, and irritation of them as well. Mangoes provide not only vitamin A, but Zeaxanthin and Lutein which are rich nutrients that are very beneficial for lessening your risks for more serious eye developments such as cataracts and macular degeneration.
*Immune System- Your immune system is what keeps you alive and protected against all the bad things out there. Mangoes contain ample amounts of vitamin C and vitamin B6 which are critical for aiding your body in its fight against bacteria, viruses, fungi, parasites, and other diseases that will assist you in staying strong and healthy.
Vitamin B6 is also good for serotonin and melatonin hormone production and childhood development. One cup daily is sufficient to have.
*Brain Health- Your brain controls all of your bodily functions. So it makes total sense that you want your brain to be the healthiest it can be. Your mental abilities can suffer without enough vitamin B6. Because mangoes consist of adequate amounts of vitamin B6, it helps your brain in the production of neurotransmitters. You will be doing your brain a huge favor by having enough of this vitamin and you can do that by having mangoes in your diet.
*Aging- If you want to help slow down your aging process then mangoes can help. The reason being is that your body’s tissues and blood vessels get the protection they need from collagen that comes from larger quantities of both vitamin C and vitamin A in mangoes. It’s great when you know that a food that’s in your diet could be a factor in slowing down your aging process.
How many times have you ever thought to yourself, “If only I could slow down aging, even if only a little bit?” Here’s something that can at least help you somewhat. Why not give it a try? I mean after all, there are more benefits that you get anyway, right? It’s worth giving it a shot.
*Weight Loss- So who doesn’t want to lose weight? Okay, those of you who don’t and are fit, put your hands down. 🙂 But unfortunately obesity is just running rampant all over the world and I don’t believe that anyone wants to remain obese. There are diets, fads, doctor’s advice, and a million other things today that make the diet industry over $66 BILLION dollars a year!
So if we go back to the school of common sense, we can realize that if we eat foods like mangoes and not chocolate chip cookies, that maybe we might be on to something. Sugar is a killer and even though mangoes are a fruit with sugar, they can help you to lose weight and here’s why: Mangoes are not only high in nutrients and vitamins but also lots of fiber and that’s why makes you feel full and for longer periods of time.
By having the fiber aiding in the better digestive function of your stomach, the enzymes help in a smoother process of digestion and helping to break down protein as well. So the bottom line with mangoes here is that they will help you to lose weight because you will eat less calories and that’s the goal here!
*Hypertension- Just how important is it to have normal blood pressure? VERY! But I’m sure you know that because high blood pressure is so dangerous and if you don’t have it under control you’re headed down the wrong road to serious problems! It’s not called the “silent killer” for nothing! Eating foods like mangoes are going to help to control your blood pressure and help you to avoid heart attacks, strokes, and a host of other nightmare health issues.
Mangoes are able to aid in controlling your blood pressure because they only have low levels of sodium (which is toxic to blood pressure levels). You should check your blood pressure frequently at home to be on the safe side and at least know your numbers.
Mangoes can help because of their content of potassium and magnesium. Almost 33% of American adults have high blood pressure. Don’t you be one of them. Get mangoes on the menu, just don’t overdo it.
*Cancer Fighter- Apples have pectin in the skin and mangoes also contain pectin which is beneficial to lowering your cholesterol. But studies also revealed that pectin is also able to battle prostate cancer. The pectin in the mango has a protein known as galectin 3 which plays a huge role in fighting cancer.
They also have beta-carotene which also helps to fight prostate cancer. In addition, mangoes are responsible for the war against breast cancer too. They are something you want to have for all health issues but especially to fight cancer.
*Your Bones- It’s important to make sure that you do everything you can to keep your bones strong and healthy especially as the golden years start creeping up on you. You don’t want to be falling and breaking any bones for sure. One thing that can help you is vitamin K. If you are deficient in this vitamin, you’re raising your risk of fracturing your bones. For the best absorption of calcium, mangoes are a necessity!
Side Effects of Mangoes
*Increased Blood Sugar- You do have to be careful with mangoes. While they are good for you, if you have diabetes, you should only have them in low to moderate amounts. Having excess can be too much and spike your glucose levels. So, the bottom line is, just be careful….not too many!
*Gain Weight- For the most part, you can have mangoes without being concerned about weight gain. It’s when you begin having too many where you can get into trouble. A medium mango can set you back over 130 calories. This isn’t terrible, but remember you want the benefits, so just keep track and don’t overdo it. If you’re exercising, try and have a mango about twenty minutes or so before you begin. This will provide you with some energy.
*Juice- Have a mango. Perfect. But juicing it? NOT! By having mango juice you are negating the benefits of the mango itself because the fiber content is taken out when it’s juiced. And the other if not more important things is that you do not want the sugar especially if you are a diabetic. It will add on the calories as well and the weight gain. Mangoes in, juicing out!
*Arthritis- If you have arthritis or even sinusitis, you may want to either keep your intake of mangoes to a minimum or avoid them altogether. It doesn’t matter which type of mango you eat, but any one of the three types can affect your arthritis by acting it up and causing possible pain and discomfort.
*Your Skin- Mangoes contain collagen which is an important protein that provides the benefit of a vibrant looking skin and promoting a better elasticity. You want your skin looking good, don’t you? It’s the largest organ in your body and the only one that’s visible so let mangoes help you look better!
Are Mangoes Good for Diabetics? They absolutely are good, but keep in mind that although mangoes are good for you, even in you’re a diabetic, it’s moderation that’s important here. As long as you don’t eat it in excess, you’ll get the benefits it provides for your diabetes and other health issues.
THE Superfood That Will Change Your Life!
Please forward this article to others who may need help and please share on social media below and leave any questions or comments you may have as well. I would love to interact with you. Thank you for reading and I appreciate it! Have a happy and a healthy one!
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight loss and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- Excellent Accuracy: metene TD-4116 blood glucose meter and strips are produced with industry-leading chips and biosensor, equipped with industry-leading technologies, conducive to get accurate and reliable measurements
- No Coding: The blood sugar meter gets into measure status automatically once insert the blood sugar test strip to the bottom of the slot, easy to use and easy to read with large display for the senior
- Fast and Reduce Pain: This blood glucose monitor takes just 7s and 0.7µl blood to get the glucose value; The lancing device has 5 depth options to minimize wound and reduce pain
- Better Data Management: This glucometer stores the newest 450 blood glucose values and display the continuous 14/21/28/60/90 day average; the measurements could be exported with windows-based software; help you track and manage your blood glucose better
- Diabetes Testing Kit 207 Piece Set: 100 glucometer strips, 100 30G lancets, 1 blood sugar meter, 1 lancing device, 1 control solution, 2 batteries, 1 protective wallet and 1 user manual; Please feel free to contact us if any problem when using this Diabetes testing kit
- Support cardiovascular health & blood sugar levels with the PurePremium blood sugar support dietary supplement, which contains essential vitamins, minerals and herbs.
- Support healthy glucose metabolism by adding our all-natural heart health supplement to your diet. Our advanced cardiovascular support capsules contain cinnamon, mulberry, vitamin c, vitamin e, magnesium, zinc, licorice root extract and manganese.
- Support blood cholesterol levels and make sure that your heart is healthy and strong. Support healthy insulin function and bolster your immune system against harmful free radicals.
- Our easy-to-swallow capsules support healthy glucose levels and your metabolism at the same time.
- Formulated in the USA. Every PurePremium product comes from an inspected, and GMP certified facility right here in the USA.
- INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS. Insufficient blood applied to test strip will result in wrong readings. Please hold the lancing device firmly against your fingertip for enough sample. Watch our instructional videos in our listings to optimize your testing results. Our friendly customer support will always be here to answer your questions and help to resolve your concerns. (30 Day Money Back Guarantee)
- EXCEEDS INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS. AUVON BGMs can function within ±10%, or ±10 mg/dl of laboratory values over 95% of the time, which is far beyond ISO 15197:2013 passing standard (within ±15% or ±15 mg/dl). The manufacturer is certified with CE mark, GMP, ISO 13485:2016, and ISO 15197:2013 without having any recall on the market in the past 14 years.
- CUTTING-EDGE TEST STRIPS. We use cutting-edge test strips enzymes for blood glucose measurements. Our test strips are produced with unique Automatic Carbon Printing Technique to ensure that the quality of each batch of strips could be relevantly much more stable, precise and accurate. Additionally, PROMISED 0.15USD/pcs would keep you no pressure to repurchase.
- KEEP TRACK OF DATA. Store your test results with time and date helps you track and manage your health while also keeping a continuous 7/14/30 average results. Automatic off means our device works longer without having to worry about wasting battery life.
- ALL IN ONE: 1 x AUVON DS-W Blood Glucose Monitor, 1 x battery, 50 x Blood Test Strips, 50 x 30 gauge Lancets, 1 x Lancing device, 1 x Meter User Guide, 1 x Test Strip User Guide, Our Exclusive Lifetime Warranty and Technical Support and Friendly Customer Service.
Last update on 2021-05-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API