Your heart is the most important organ in your body. How does diabetes affect your health? I’d like to talk about what heart disease is and where it comes from. But more important is what effects diabetes has on your body which is why it’s called the silent killer. Why does Diabetes Cause Heart Disease?
How Does Diabetes Affect Your Heart?
There are many coronary heart disease risk factors involved which I will get into. Heart disease is the leading cause of death in both men and women today. Unfortunately, I lost my mom to heart disease at age 65. How many people can relate to losing a loved one due to heart disease? Too many unfortunately.
Heart disease is an broad term for any type of disorder that might affect the heart. The definition of heart disease is defined as the same as cardiac disease, but different from cardiovascular disease.
Heart disease refers to just the heart, while cardiovascular disease refers to disorders of the blood vessels and heart. We must protect our hearts and make sure they are healthy no matter what.
The shocking number of people in the United States alone with heart disease is a whopping 26 million! Almost 1/4 of people in the U.S. die from heart disease. These numbers are way too high and we as a society have to take notice and take the bull by the horns before it’s too late.
When my mom had her first heart attack it was a wake up call for me, but I didn’t take action at that time. By the third heart attack it was too late. You and I have to do something about it now. We have the choices to change our habits.
Recently Diagnosed with Diabetes?
SEE THE PRODUCTS YOU NEED TO GET STARTED
The Heart and Diabetes Connection
The longer time period that you have diabetes, the greater the risk of coronary heart disease and heart attack. The reason is that high blood glucose levels from diabetes can damage your blood vessels and damage the nerves that control your heart and blood vessels.
Diabetes can do so many things to hamper your health and that includes your heart. So if you have diabetes and any other risks for heart disease, then it’s time to stop any risk factors for either diabetes or heart disease. Together they are a terrible combination to say the least.
By addressing your blood sugars and controlling your diabetes, you’ll hopefully be taking one of these diseases out of the equation. Start now by changing your eating habits. Take your health seriously, not for granted. Exercise each day even if only for 15 minutes. I do 30 minutes a day by bike riding and they gym. Exercise, eating healthy, and other lifestyle changes will help control your blood sugars and at the same time help your heart. Check your blood pressure and monitor your blood sugar frequently.
Heart Disease Risk Factors
Smoking definitely raises your risk of developing heart disease. My mom smoked a lot and it contributed to her heart disease. I don’t smoke and never did.
And if you have diabetes in addition to smoking, they both narrow your blood vessels so it’s very wise to quit smoking. Smoking can lead to many other problems such as lung disease and other complications that you do not want.
Your family history could indicate a chance of developing heart disease too. You may have a higher than average risk of heart disease if one or more than your family members had a heart attack before 50.
Overweight and Belly Fat
If you are obese, it affects many health issues especially diabetes and heart disease. Obesity hinders in controlling your diabetes. Belly fat in excess increases your risk more even if you are not overweight. I am trimming my weight and belly fat right now.
High Blood Pressure
Your heart has to work much harder in order to pump blood if your blood pressure is too high which can lead to a heart attack. This also can raise your risk for other issues such as stroke, kidney disease, and vision problems. My blood pressure is controlled by medication.
Excess bad cholesterol (LDL) can build up to clog your arteries. Good cholesterol (HDL) aids in removing the bad cholesterol. Make sure your doctor does blood work frequently and checks these numbers. I have mine checked every three months to make sure.
This is your blood sugar level over a three month period. While you’re testing your blood sugar every day, an A1C shows how high your numbers have been over the three month period. Your goal is to shoot for under 7.0. My level was 11.3 at one point and I have brought it down to 9.0.
African-American, Asian-American, American Indians are a few ethnicities that have a higher risk of heart disease because of obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure.
Just getting older will increase the risk of and narrowed and damaged arteries.
Check Out the Video Below
Preventing Coronary Heart Disease
The first thing I’d like to point out is do whatever it takes to prevent heart disease. Don’t take your heart or any other body part for granted. It’s all about your attitude and your love for life and living it healthy and happy.
Food is everywhere. It’s tempting. It tastes good. It’s endlessly around calling your name. But so is heart disease calling your name if you make the wrong choices.
And so are many other ailments and diseases that can bring you down. Sometimes we don’t know or we don’t care until uh oh, something comes calling and you think, “now what?”
Do you like to relax? Are you lazy and don’t want to exercise? Or maybe you just don’t care how much weight you gain and what the consequences are. Do people get on your case,because you’re overweight or you feel that people may not care because you’re not body beautiful? Ok, maybe this isn’t you, but it is for some of us.
I know because I was in this place and it’s not a good place to be but neither is the emergency room at the hospital. So let’s think about changing now if you’re at risk. I woke up and changed because I didn’t want to be in that bad situation.
So begin by developing new lifestyle habits. If you’re smoking, stop. If you’re an emotional eater, stop. If you’re not exercising, begin. If you drink alcohol, stop. Worried, stressed? Stop. Ok, enough stops. You get the idea. Now I know it’s easy to say stop these habits and a lot harder to actually stop them. But it is MUCH easier than stopping a heart attack, but you can do your best to prevent one.
I learned a lot about coronary heart disease when my mom was going through it. Once the coronary arteries start to narrow, they aren’t able to supply enough blood rich in oxygen to your heart. Decreased blood flow and increased plaque are the factors in coronary heart disease and heart attack.
- Shortness of breath can occur if you have discomfort in your chest or not.
- Chest discomfort. Most heart attacks involve discomfort in the center of the chest that lasts more than a few minutes, or that goes away and comes back. It can feel like uncomfortable pressure, squeezing, fullness or pain.
- Other signs may include nausea,breaking out in a cold sweat, or feeling light headed.
- Discomfort in other areas of your upper body. Symptoms may include pain or discomfort in one or both of your arms, the neck, back, jaw or your stomach.
- Dizziness or loss of coordination or balance
- A severe headache coming on suddenly and not knowing the cause
- Problems understanding things or being confused suddenly
- Vision problems in either or both eyes
What to do
The obvious answer is to dial 911! Don’t wait! Whether it;’s you or someone else with these symptoms call 911 immediately! Is it better to drive yourself or someone having the symptoms to the hospital or call 911, it’s a no brainer.
The EMT personnel on the ambulance are professionally trained for treatment on the spot and can also trained to revive the person’s heart. If for some reason you couldn’t get 911, then and only then get to the hospital immediately.
Most people want to deny that they are experiencing a heart attack and maybe feel it will go away and that they don’t want to accept it and bother loved ones. Make the call because as the old saying goes, “It’s better to be safe than sorry!”
Recently Diagnosed with Diabetes?
SEE THE PRODUCTS YOU NEED TO GET STARTED
I don’t want you to be in the dark about coronary heart disease and diabetes anymore. One is bad enough. You don’t need both as you can see. My purpose for this article was to share my experiences and hope that it will help you. Please take this seriously and I’d appreciate your comments below. I will respond quickly. Thank you for your time!
Fastest Way to Lower Your Blood Sugar
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight loss and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- Excellent Accuracy: metene TD-4116 blood glucose meter and strips are produced with industry-leading chips and biosensor, equipped with industry-leading technologies, conducive to get accurate and reliable measurements
- No Coding: The blood sugar meter gets into measure status automatically once insert the blood sugar test strip to the bottom of the slot, easy to use and easy to read with large display for the senior
- Fast and Reduce Pain: This blood glucose monitor takes just 7s and 0.7µl blood to get the glucose value; The lancing device has 5 depth options to minimize wound and reduce pain
- Better Data Management: This glucometer stores the newest 450 blood glucose values and display the continuous 14/21/28/60/90 day average; the measurements could be exported with windows-based software; help you track and manage your blood glucose better
- Diabetes Testing Kit 207 Piece Set: 100 glucometer strips, 100 30G lancets, 1 blood sugar meter, 1 lancing device, 1 control solution, 2 batteries, 1 protective wallet and 1 user manual; Please feel free to contact us if any problem when using this Diabetes testing kit
- Support cardiovascular health & blood sugar levels with the PurePremium blood sugar support dietary supplement, which contains essential vitamins, minerals and herbs.
- Support healthy glucose metabolism by adding our all-natural heart health supplement to your diet. Our advanced cardiovascular support capsules contain cinnamon, mulberry, vitamin c, vitamin e, magnesium, zinc, licorice root extract and manganese.
- Support blood cholesterol levels and make sure that your heart is healthy and strong. Support healthy insulin function and bolster your immune system against harmful free radicals.
- Our easy-to-swallow capsules support healthy glucose levels and your metabolism at the same time.
- Formulated in the USA. Every PurePremium product comes from an inspected, and GMP certified facility right here in the USA.
- INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS. Insufficient blood applied to test strip will result in wrong readings. Please hold the lancing device firmly against your fingertip for enough sample. Watch our instructional videos in our listings to optimize your testing results. Our friendly customer support will always be here to answer your questions and help to resolve your concerns. (30 Day Money Back Guarantee)
- EXCEEDS INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS. AUVON BGMs can function within ±10%, or ±10 mg/dl of laboratory values over 95% of the time, which is far beyond ISO 15197:2013 passing standard (within ±15% or ±15 mg/dl). The manufacturer is certified with CE mark, GMP, ISO 13485:2016, and ISO 15197:2013 without having any recall on the market in the past 14 years.
- CUTTING-EDGE TEST STRIPS. We use cutting-edge test strips enzymes for blood glucose measurements. Our test strips are produced with unique Automatic Carbon Printing Technique to ensure that the quality of each batch of strips could be relevantly much more stable, precise and accurate. Additionally, PROMISED 0.15USD/pcs would keep you no pressure to repurchase.
- KEEP TRACK OF DATA. Store your test results with time and date helps you track and manage your health while also keeping a continuous 7/14/30 average results. Automatic off means our device works longer without having to worry about wasting battery life.
- ALL IN ONE: 1 x AUVON DS-W Blood Glucose Monitor, 1 x battery, 50 x Blood Test Strips, 50 x 30 gauge Lancets, 1 x Lancing device, 1 x Meter User Guide, 1 x Test Strip User Guide, Our Exclusive Lifetime Warranty and Technical Support and Friendly Customer Service.
Last update on 2021-05-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API