High blood sugar levels from diabetes increase the chances for you to develop a sinus infection. That’s why there is a strong connection between a Sinus Infection And Diabetes. It’s a fact that folks who do not properly take care of their diabetes condition have a much higher chance of getting sinus infections.
Why Does Diabetes Increase Your Risk for Sinusitis?
Sugar is the enemy here, not only with sinusitis, but also with yeast infections. The issue with this is that these infections are commonly treated with antibiotics and this will cause the overgrowth of yeast to become more of a problem and this will affect your sinusitis to rise to a chronic level.
High glucose levels cause a tremendous amount of issues for your body including your sinuses. Just think of how much less of a risk you’ll have of developing the extremely annoying sinus infection that will bring you down and have you suffer, just by controlling your blood sugars.
It’s not to say that each sinus infection you have is related to your diabetes. But if your type 2 diabetes is controlled? Then if you do wind up with a sinus infection, the odds are that the diabetes is not the culprit.
Managing and controlling blood sugars and diabetes makes all the difference in the world and it shouldn’t take a sinus infection to make you realize this.
- Bad Breath
- Can’t Smell
- Feeling Tired
- Loss of Hearing
- Puffiness in Face
- Sore Throat
- Stuffed up nose
Causes and How to Prevent Sinus Infections
Pools are great because swimming is on of the best exercises you can do. The unfortunate problem is that pools are heavily chlorinated and that makes your chances for picking up a sinus infection that more probable. You are much more likely to be prone to an infection because of inflammation that occurs when the chlorine aggravates your nasal passages. Pools can be harmful to you.
2) Nasal Sprays
These are fantastic when you have an infection or a sinus headache. I use a nasal spray whenever I have a sinus infection. But here’s where the problem can arise: When you overuse it you are actually going to increase the chances of having a sinus infection and/or increase the pressures of your sinuses.
Excessive use of nasal sprays will have your body resulting in a lesser sensitivity to your particular spray that you’re using. Don’t always take the nasal spray if you’re going to overdo it. You’ll just be creating a boomerang effect and you’ll gt the sinus infection all over again.
3) Flu or Common Cold
So during the cold process, the sinus linings swell up because the cold virus attacks these linings. The end result here is that your drainage passageways narrow and make you miserable.
Your body’s natural reaction is to produce additional mucus and this obstructs your already swollen sinuses. And what makes things worse and causes the infection to drag on longer is that wherever mucus is bacteria thrives.
Even when you finally get relief from your cold or flu, the sinus infection still hangs around.
4) Misery from Fungi
These nasty creatures are just like bacteria and will wreak havoc on your body and are responsible for causing sinus infections as well. This problem with fungi is that they are constantly causing issues such as sinus infections and are not affected by antibiotics.
To make matters worse, it affects folks with diabetes, leukemia, and other diseases where your immune system is compromised. the best thing you can do is to avoid germs anyway and anywhere you can.
5) Antibiotics Warning
I’ve been through this more times than I can count in my life. The antibiotics you take may be successful with treating bacterial infections but when it comes to viral infections, you’re just wasting your time and money. The added problem is that taking too many antibiotics is going to do harm because your body will at some point have built up a resistance to the antibiotic.
6) Wash Your Hands!
This is an absolute must. Wash your hands all the time. I am a fanatic and I use hand sanitizer everywhere I go. Viruses can live everywhere and by touching doorknobs, counter tops, shopping carts, and a zillion other things, you can pick up the virus especially if you touch your hands to your face! And the winter time is even worse. Be careful!
7) Stop Smoking
It doesn’t have to be said that smoking has absolutely no benefits for your health. It will add to your misery of that sinus infection. Smoking will really make it worse and make your breathing that much more difficult.
8) Close the Windows
It’s important to have the inside of your home clean. Because of the dust that can accumulate anywhere it can affect your sinuses for sure. Going outdoors when you have allergies is not a good idea.
The fact is that a high pollen count can affect you especially early in the morning if you are outside. So it’s probably best for you to keep those windows shut. Lower your chances of getting a sinus infection by following these tips. You’ll be glad that you did.
These are high on the list of possible causes of sinus infections. Unfortunately there are so many pollutants that can be responsible. Take your pick from cigar or cigarette smoke, outdoor air pollution, products to clean your home, bug sprays, and many more that can aggravate your sinus cavities.
10) Dry Air
When you’re living in an area such as Florida, with humidity dry air isn’t a concern. Arizona? Different story! But anyway, when living indoors anywhere for that matter, you can be accustomed to dry air from any indoor place that’s air conditioned and that’s going to be an huge issue.
When the air is dry, it can wreak havoc on your sinuses by causing the mucus to become thicker in your nasal canals and dry them out. What happens now? Well, those two nasty things, viruses and bacteria cannot escape and bring on the infections.
What You Can do to Treat Your Sinus Infection
1) Neti Pot
This is something that can really help you with regards to your sinusitis. Derived from India, it’s a solution that’s been used for many centuries. It’s basically a “pot” that you use to pour saline solution into the passages of your nasals.
This aids in loosening up your mucus by moistening them. You can pick them up at any drug store.
Inhaling steam works wonders when you have a sinus infection and you’re all stuffed up. You’ve seen people leaning over a big bowl of water that is hot getting relief from the condition. I always like to get in a nice hot steamy shower. It feels so good. And steam works wonders when you have sinusitis.
There are many that can assist you in relieving the pain and symptoms of sinusitis. One that I love to use and that breaks up the mucus and really makes a difference is Vicks Vaporub. My only issue with Vicks is the smell so I only put it on my chest and throat at bedtime. It works wonders!
Other over the counter meds include Aleve, Advil, and Motrin. They can really help when it comes to reducing inflammation and pain. The ever popular Tylenol can really help bring down any fever and treat pain as well, but it won’t do anything for inflammation unfortunately. You can always ask the pharmacist too.
There are certain yoga poses that can help you with your sinus issues. Once you elevate your head, it can provide you some relief while at the same time not affecting your sinuses in a negative way. You can check them out by clicking HERE.
Herbs are excellent when it comes to treating issues the natural ways. This antioxidant is a plant compound found in a slew of natural plants, some of which are: red wine, apples, berries, onions, green tea, buckwheat tea, grapes, peppers, and broccoli.
There is a chemical that encourages secreting mucus in your sinuses known as histamine. Quercetin in these products is known to balance the cells in your body to aid in releasing the histamine.
7) Immune System
One of the absolute best ways you can fight a sinus infection is to consume foods that will boost your immune system. Unfortunately for me, three of the top foods for boosting your immune system are not on my favorite list. They are onions, ginger, and garlic. It doesn’t mean that I can’t find a way to mixing them in with salads or soups, right? Honey is another great choice too!
So by now the link between a Sinus Infection And Diabetes is clear. Control your blood sugars and type 2 diabetes and you lessen the risks of contracting sinusitis. It’s a condition that will make you even more miserable because of having the diabetes as well. Do yourself a huge favor and scratch sinusitis off your list of woes because of diabetes. Keep those blood sugars down!
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Rothchild, Sascha (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 336 Pages - 04/19/2022 (Publication Date) - G.P. Putnam's Sons (Publisher)
- ✅ QUICK AND EASY TO USE: Care Touch blood sugar test kit delivers results in only 5 seconds with just a 0.5µL blood sample. There is no programming needed since our blood sugar monitor kit automatically recognizes batch codes encrypted on Care Touch glucose test strips. Our state-of-the-art glucometer kit with strips and lancets includes single-touch strip ejection, so you can hygienically remove used diabetic test strips.
- ✅ EASY DIABETIC MONITORING: The blood sugar monitor kit with strips is capable of saving up to 300 readings. The blood glucose test kit also provides a continuous 14-day average of your readings, making glucose monitoring easy for you and your healthcare provider.
- ✅ PORTABLE AND HASSLE-FREE: The diabetic testing kit comes with a handy glucometer case, which means you can check your blood sugar level at home or anywhere else while staying organized. The 10-depth lancing device and lancets will help make blood sugar testing almost painless and hassle-free.
- ✅ COMPLETE DIABETIC SET: The glucose meter kit with strips and lancets includes: (1) Care Touch Blood Sugar Meter, (100) Blood Glucose Test Strips for diabetes, (1) Lancing Device, (100) Lancets for diabetes testing, (1) 3 Volt Lithium Battery, (1) Glucose meter case for your blood sugar tester and diabetic supplies
- ✅ WE CARE BECAUSE YOU CARE: You care about your health, and we care about you. Care Touch is committed to providing the best quality blood glucose monitoring systems. Our care doesn’t end when your sugar tester diabetes kit arrives at your door. We’re fully dedicated to your satisfaction. If you have any questions or concerns about your glucose monitor kit with strips and lancets - contact us at any time.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- PUREHEALTH RESEARCH - Blood Sugar Formula 3 Bottles
- MANUFACTURED in the USA! 365-DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!
- A DOCTOR-APPROVED NATURAL FORMULA. Seventeen potent ingredients, each scientifically proven to have a significant effect at helping balance your glucose levels, improve glucose sensitivity, protect delicate cells from free radicals, and energy
- HIGH POTENCY. PureHealth Research experts scientifically enhance CHROMIUM with the Vitamin C, E, Mulberry Leaf, Bitter Melon, Cinnamon, L-Taurine, Berberin and other ingredients which are proven to help you support healthy blood glucose levels
- ONE CAPSULE DAILY, THREE BENEFITS: supports healthy sugar and carb absorption, supports insulin levels, supports cardiovascular health
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency support for 365 days a year; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health; daily support for healthy blood glucose levels, 365 days a year
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
Last update on 2022-06-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API