A large number of people have experienced “hangers” at some point in their life — mood swings caused by low blood sugar levels. For people with diabetes, the mood swings tied with the common frustration and anger of having a chronic sickness can be hard to handle. This can also be referred to as “Low Blood Sugar Rage.” It’s a lot to manage, and at times it becomes difficult to deal with diabetes day after day for a life span.
Your partner’s diabetes might cause you to ignore or make excuses for annoying reactions, which is acceptable to some point. Though, rage that escalates into verbal, emotional, or physical abuse should never be accepted. This problem is treatable with self-care.
8 Warning Signs of Low Blood Sugar
The irregular blood glucose levels that distinguish uncontrolled diabetes can put into mood swings and direct to impulsive or even aggressive behavior. Hypoglycemia causes the mind to lack the sugar it needs to function at 100% which can direct weaken inhibitions.
This problem can significantly boost your arousing response which can make you extremely happy, worried, frightened, silly, angry, or paranoid. It is important to recognize the issue as early as possible that low blood sugar is taking place so that it can be handled properly. Some of the warning signs of low blood sugar levels are as follows:
There are some cases where people abruptly, inexplicably sense as if they are starving. This is because of blood sugar drop. One can easily manage their blood sugar by taking account of their carbohydrate intake. Try to eat between 15 and 25 grams (g) of carbohydrates with each snack and around 40 and 65 g at each meal. One can also seek help from experienced professionals and dieticians in this case.
2) Restless Nights
Sleep disturbances or restless nights are also some of the major warning signs of lower blood sugar levels. Symptoms such as night sweats, episodes of waking abruptly and crying out, nightmares, and feelings of confusion and unrest upon waking are because of lower blood sugar levels. Eating a snack before going to bed can help in reducing the frequency and ruthlessness of sleep disturbances.
When glucose levels of the body fall too low, your body releases the epinephrine hormones and cortisol. This signals the liver to discharge more sugar into the blood which results in anxiety and unease. Some of the other symptoms that are associated with this include shakiness, heart palpitations, and sweating.
4) Emotional Volatility
Abrupt emotional episodes and mood swings are the neurological indications of hypoglycemia and can incorporate stubbornness, feelings of depression, and irritability.
It is another common sign of low blood sugar levels in the body. It is one of the first signs of hypoglycemia and, occurs normally as a result of adrenaline. According to a study, it is observed that more than 84 percent of diabetic patients experience sweating when they are hypoglycemic. If you experience anything like this then immediately seek medical help to avoid any serious problem.
6) Difficulty with Concentrating
A large number of diabetic patients suffer from this problem. This is because your brain relies on blood sugar for power and energy. As a result of dropping levels of glucose, your brain might not function properly and it becomes difficult for a person to concentrate on something.
7) Vision Problems
Most people also face vision problems as a result of low blood sugar levels. If you suddenly start facing vision problems, then a drop in blood sugar might be the cause. According to a study, it is reported that blurred vision is the most general eye-related warning sign in people with lower blood sugar levels.
In case of lower blood sugar levels, your brain tries to conserve as much power as possible, which results in feeling lightheaded. In case you experience this general symptom of hypoglycemia then treat it quickly with 15 to 20 g of fast-acting carbs. In case the condition remains the same for more than 15 minutes then consider seeking medical help.
Most diabetic patients experience a common problem called “diabetic rage”. It is dangerous as it involves behaviors an individual is not knowingly aware of.
Physiologically, when a person’s blood sugar level fluctuates, drops, or spikes it can generate feelings of anxiety, depression, or anger that are difficult to control by a person who is experiencing them.
Moreover, the extremes of both hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia can lead to cognitive confusion, loss of self-control, or hallucinations.
How Should you Handle This?
Feelings and blood sugars are a two-way street. Understanding their relationship can help in your glucose control. The brain controls the emission of different stress hormones that can meddle with insulin’s efficacy. On the other hand, when high or low degrees of sugar contact the brain, the outcome might be impaired memory, outrage, fractiousness, depression, or slowed thinking.
As blood sugars rise, the levels of hormones that forestall depression might be brought down. This can demolish symptoms of depression and leave an individual with less interest in doing the things required to improve control, like the insightful selection of food, exercise, and rest.
A vicious sequence of growing sadness and worsening control can arise. There are some ways that can help you in controlling your mood swings as a result of low blood sugar. Have a look at the content below:
The first and the most important thing that can help in balancing blood sugar levels in the body is a proper diet. Watch your diet and eat consistently. Eat natural food items. Avoid consuming any food item that contains artificial sugar. Eat food items that are rich in fiber, carbohydrates, and proteins.
Figure Out Ways to Relieve Emotions
Different techniques are confirmed to provide liberation when you feel stress or anger. Some of the helpful techniques for releasing stress are meditation, yoga, and regular exercise. It also provides balance to the body and processes emotions.
Try going on a walk in your favorite park that is calm and filled with nature. Visiting such places can also make you feel light and stress-free. Try to talk about your feelings with your close ones as it also helps you in dealing with frustration and stress.
Take care of Yourself
Doing medication and eating healthy food items are some of the necessary components of keeping your blood sugar levels under control. As the hormones that control blood sugar levels of the body also control stress levels, so when your blood sugar level drops, you can get depressed and enraged, which in turn makes it difficult to control your blood sugar. Taking proper measures of your blood glucose levels can help you in learning how and when anger affects you.
Do not run “Out of Snacks”
Diabetic patients must keep emergency snacks on hand as their blood sugar levels can drop anytime. Never wait too long to eat, mainly if you know anger is your major issue.
Keep a Constant Glucose Monitor in Access
Nowadays a large number of tools and machines have been introduced in the market to keep account of your health. All such technologies make it much easier for people to monitor the blood sugar levels of their bodies and put off severe fluctuations. If mood swings are a problem for you then continuous monitoring might be the safest option.
Take Proper Measures
Unexpected and abrupt changes in blood glucose levels can be serious. Talk with your family members, caregivers, and neighbors in advance, and be sure every person knows what to do in case of an emergency. Calling clued-up paramedics for help is the safest option in case of an emergency.
How to Deal with Your Partner Who Experiences Mood Swings?
It’s not your duty to ensure your partner consistently eats well, however knowing the decisive role diet plays in managing mood for people with diabetes can help you comprehend their situation better. Do not underrate the significance of their diet and customary mealtimes.
In case your spouse struggles with handling moods as a result of irregular blood sugar levels then talk to them about it. Make a complete plan in place for emergency situations i.e. calling paramedics right away at the initial sign of an outburst or mood swing. However, your partner must be willing to take all the safety measures in case of an emergency.
However, if you are in a relationship that is insulting or abusive then it is imperative to tell everything to someone you trust. It could either be a friend, a counselor, some family member, or any healthcare supplier.
Abusive relationships are often secluded ones, where the mistreated partner lives in fear and secrecy. If you are in such a relationship then do not suffer. Telling others will help you in breaking the silence and enables you to seek help.
So these symptoms are what you should be looking out for with a Low Blood Sugar Rage. If you have diabetes then take all the proper measures to balance your blood sugar levels. Try to eat a good ratio of protein and carbohydrates. Avoid eating processed food items.
There are a lot of people who suffer from low blood sugar rage. Here in this article, you will get a complete guide about what are the reasons behind this problem and how one can control it.
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- Dr. Marlene Merritt (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 100 Pages - 09/15/2021 (Publication Date) - Primal Health, LP (Publisher)
- Support cardiovascular health & blood sugar levels with the PurePremium blood sugar support dietary supplement, which contains essential vitamins, minerals and herbs.
- Support healthy glucose metabolism by adding our all-natural heart health supplement to your diet. Our advanced cardiovascular support capsules contain cinnamon, mulberry, vitamin c, vitamin e, magnesium, zinc, licorice root extract and manganese.
- Support blood cholesterol levels and make sure that your heart is healthy and strong. Support healthy insulin function and bolster your immune system against harmful free radicals.
- Our easy-to-swallow capsules support healthy glucose levels and your metabolism at the same time.
- Formulated in the USA. Every PurePremium product comes from an inspected, and GMP certified facility right here in the USA.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
Last update on 2021-09-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API