Is Ginger Good for Diabetics? It is very good for diabetics! And it can help with your glucose levels. You bet there is, but first where does ginger come from? Ginger is plant that flowers and it derives from the plant family known as “Zingiberaceae.”
This is found in Southern Asia in the tropical rainforest. It’s used for medicinal purposes and also for culinary uses. It’s been around for centuries and helps treat a variety of ailments and is a very popular spice that adds flavor to foods such as vegetable recipes and stir fries and many other dishes.
Ginger for Diabetes Treatment
Ginger is known mostly as a spice, but is actually a herb. It can increase your mouth to produce more saliva with a flavor that is rather strong and well defined taste. Most folks might not be aware that the ginger root or rhizomes of the ginger plant is the part that is mainly used. There are many food recipes using ginger such as: gingerbread, ginger cake, and ginger ale. I love ginger ale!
The many health benefits of ginger
Ginger has always been a factor when it comes to digestion and nausea. It has the ability to soothe your stomach and therefore help maintain a normal rhythm and this is due to it also regulating blood sugar levels.You can improve the absorption of minerals and nutrients from food that you consume because ginger contains compounds that aid in doing this. Ginger is able to stimulate your appetite and get your digestive system ready for incoming of food into the body by being a great appetizer. I love it as an appetite suppressant.
Ginger is excellent for nausea. I remember as a kid my mom giving me ginger ale to relieve that awful feeling of nausea and it always worked. It gives very fast satisfaction due to it regulating your body’s functions and fast absorption to cure your nausea without any complications from medications. It also works wonders for treating vertigo in sailors and people out there on the open seas and women who are pregnant with morning sickness.
Migraine headaches are the worst thing to experience because they can bring you down instantly. A study revealed that folks who used ginger had less side effects and better results than those who didn’t. Ginger is worth taking because a migraine headache can just take you down. You can’t function at all with a migraine headache.
You can be at great risk for heart disease if your triglyceride levels are elevated and you have low cholesterol levels of HDL, and high levels of LDL. Ginger can significantly keep these cholesterol levels where they should be. Your heart and other organs will benefit from the right cholesterol levels.
Muscle pain and soreness sure isn’t fun. It’s hard after a workout to want to stay motivated. Because ginger has anti-inflammatory properties it can help with pain and inflammation. You have to have ginger each day to experience results but you will feel the results the next day or so. It will pay off not to feel sore and have the pain.
Ginger is a top notch defender against diseases linked to free radicals and cell damage. The antioxidants in ginger have higher levels than any berries have. There are still ongoing studies and research being done to get to the root of what the role of ginger is in the treatment and prevention of liver, breast, colon, bladder, and other cancers. Ginger’s antioxidants and the reduction in cancer cells rapid increase in numbers show promising signs of the ability to fight cancer. Anything that helps fight cancer is worth it.
Cold and flu
People in Asia have used ginger as a treatment for the flu and common cold for many years. Chopped ginger root mixed in hot water taken two or three times daily will help symptoms. Having a cold is bad enough but the flu can be so much worse. Let ginger help you feel better.
Liver function improvement
Fatty liver is more of chance of developing in your body if you have diabetes. Fatty live occurs when excess fat gets attached to the liver and can affect liver function. Cirrhosis is another liver disease which can be even more dangerous, but usually happens because of hepatitis or alcoholism. Ginger can greatly reduce your chances of developing a fatty liver. You don’t want a fatty liver.
Cataracts are more likely to develop if you’re a person who is a diabetic. Cataracts are when your lens of your eye either becomes unclear or blurry. If you have diabetes, you have no control of the glucose levels in the clear fluid that fills the space in the front of your eyeball between the cornea and the lens known as Aqueous humor. Trust me, there’s no humor in getting cataracts. But ginger supplements are able to put off the onset of cataracts. Your eyes are that important.
Ginger has been used as a cure and treatment for diarrhea for a billion years. (Okay, maybe not that long). It accomplishes this because the gases and spasms of your stomach are what cause the diarrhea in the first place. Ginger or diarrhea? I know which one I choose. How about you?
Clear and healthy mind
Aging is accelerated due to inflammation and many scientists doing research on it conclude that it can cause Alzhemier’s disease and other diseases related to your memory. But taking ginger supplements each day can improve memory because of its’ antioxidants. I want to keep my mind sharp and clear thinking, don’t you?
Sterilizes and detoxifies
Sweating is a normal thing to do and it’s good for you and ginger is good at promoting sweating to those of us who are eating. Sweat is responsible for allowing your body to get rid of toxins through liquid that your body is sweating and at the same time cleaning out your pores. Since ginger is aiding in this process, it is also helping to reduce viral and bacterial infections in an individual who is sweating regularly.
Your body can get alarmed by something that is wrong and that is what cramps are responsible for. There are hormones otherwise known as “prostaglandins.” These hormone are what activates of your possible symptoms of fever, pain and cramps. High levels of these hormones can be known to cause these menstrual cramps. Ginger can help to reduce these hormones and thereby getting relief from your cramps.
Ginger has an unbelievable ability to fight off infection. If you do get sick and you are congested, you get get phlegm in your airways and in your lungs and ginger can help loosen this up and help you cough and bring it up because of it being a natural expectorant.
It is a savior when it comes to asthma too. If you are having difficulty breathing with asthma and/or allergies, ginger can help with these respiratory problems because it does relax your muscles that are around your body’s air passage ways. It’s no picnic when you’re all stuffed up and congested.
Ginger and blood sugar levels
Improving glucose tolerance
Researches have been done in patients with diabetes and a phytochemical in ginger improved the glucose tolerance in the body by making the process of glucose metabolism easier. It is reported that improvement of the glucose tolerance is accomplished by taking a ginger supplement. This is especially the case for type 2 diabetics. This makes taking a ginger supplement an easy decision for me, how about you?
Insulin secretion increase
You want to reduce insulin resistance any way you can. You can take a ginger supplement and decrease your insulin resistance level by 10%! It’s recommended by scientists that if you’re a diabetic, then you should be taking at least 3 grams daily for at least two months to receive the benefits from it. If you’re taking ginger anyway for other health benefits, then it’s a win win situation.
Blood sugar level control
Studies that have been concluded after a month show that the phytochemicals in ginger are able to lower your blood sugar levels. So by taking ginger you will not only be lowering your glucose levels, but helping to control and to maintain them. You don’t want your glucose levels spiking or constantly going up and down. Controlling your levels is what to aim for. You don’t want high OR low blood sugar. Too low of a blood sugar can be more dangerous than too high. Ginger helps maintain your levels.
Serotonin and insulin
You want your body to increase the amount of insulin, right? Yes! Serotonin (which is a neurotransmitter in the brain), has an extremely important job to stimulate your pancreatic cells to produce more insulin. Scientists have discovered that the level of insulin can be increased with an interaction of the serotonin by taking ginger extract.
Raising hemoglobin levels
Since hemoglobin is mostly responsible for delivering nutrients, oxygen, and sugar, then it’s crucial that your hemoglobin levels be at a high level. When your levels are higher then your body is able to deliver better nutrition and stop the lacking of sugar as an energy building block. Ginger helps increase hemoglobin levels in diabetic people. So help get those levels up with ginger.
Possible risks of ginger
There’s always possible risks from anything, but in this case I just want to mention that too much ginger is not recommended at all. You want to have the right amount to lower your blood sugar but only to a normal level and not one that is dangerously low. This could result in you becoming dizzy or even fainting. You obviously don’t want that.
Is Ginger Good for Diabetics? It has positive results, but you should check with your doctor and always clear everything first. They will guide you as to what amount is right for you and what you can take if they decide it’s okay. That is the most important piece of information I can give you.
Well, I hope that you learned some new information about ginger and diabetes and how it can help you. There is no doubt that ginger can help you with diabetes. Some folks have blood sugar numbers that are off the charts and may need additional help. there’s help. Here is a lifeline to help you! If you have questions or comments, please leave them below. I would appreciate it! Thank you for reading!
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight loss and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- Excellent Accuracy: metene TD-4116 blood glucose meter and strips are produced with industry-leading chips and biosensor, equipped with industry-leading technologies, conducive to get accurate and reliable measurements
- No Coding: The blood sugar meter gets into measure status automatically once insert the blood sugar test strip to the bottom of the slot, easy to use and easy to read with large display for the senior
- Fast and Reduce Pain: This blood glucose monitor takes just 7s and 0.7µl blood to get the glucose value; The lancing device has 5 depth options to minimize wound and reduce pain
- Better Data Management: This glucometer stores the newest 450 blood glucose values and display the continuous 14/21/28/60/90 day average; the measurements could be exported with windows-based software; help you track and manage your blood glucose better
- Diabetes Testing Kit 207 Piece Set: 100 glucometer strips, 100 30G lancets, 1 blood sugar meter, 1 lancing device, 1 control solution, 2 batteries, 1 protective wallet and 1 user manual; Please feel free to contact us if any problem when using this Diabetes testing kit
- Support cardiovascular health & blood sugar levels with the PurePremium blood sugar support dietary supplement, which contains essential vitamins, minerals and herbs.
- Support healthy glucose metabolism by adding our all-natural heart health supplement to your diet. Our advanced cardiovascular support capsules contain cinnamon, mulberry, vitamin c, vitamin e, magnesium, zinc, licorice root extract and manganese.
- Support blood cholesterol levels and make sure that your heart is healthy and strong. Support healthy insulin function and bolster your immune system against harmful free radicals.
- Our easy-to-swallow capsules support healthy glucose levels and your metabolism at the same time.
- Formulated in the USA. Every PurePremium product comes from an inspected, and GMP certified facility right here in the USA.
- INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS. Insufficient blood applied to test strip will result in wrong readings. Please hold the lancing device firmly against your fingertip for enough sample. Watch our instructional videos in our listings to optimize your testing results. Our friendly customer support will always be here to answer your questions and help to resolve your concerns. (30 Day Money Back Guarantee)
- EXCEEDS INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS. AUVON BGMs can function within ±10%, or ±10 mg/dl of laboratory values over 95% of the time, which is far beyond ISO 15197:2013 passing standard (within ±15% or ±15 mg/dl). The manufacturer is certified with CE mark, GMP, ISO 13485:2016, and ISO 15197:2013 without having any recall on the market in the past 14 years.
- CUTTING-EDGE TEST STRIPS. We use cutting-edge test strips enzymes for blood glucose measurements. Our test strips are produced with unique Automatic Carbon Printing Technique to ensure that the quality of each batch of strips could be relevantly much more stable, precise and accurate. Additionally, PROMISED 0.15USD/pcs would keep you no pressure to repurchase.
- KEEP TRACK OF DATA. Store your test results with time and date helps you track and manage your health while also keeping a continuous 7/14/30 average results. Automatic off means our device works longer without having to worry about wasting battery life.
- ALL IN ONE: 1 x AUVON DS-W Blood Glucose Monitor, 1 x battery, 50 x Blood Test Strips, 50 x 30 gauge Lancets, 1 x Lancing device, 1 x Meter User Guide, 1 x Test Strip User Guide, Our Exclusive Lifetime Warranty and Technical Support and Friendly Customer Service.
Last update on 2021-05-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API