You need to know How to Lower Your Blood Sugar Fast at Home because if you have diabetes, your body will not regulate blood sugar properly, either because the pancreas does not produce insulin (type 1 diabetes), or your body has developed resistance to it (type 2 diabetes).
Therefore, diabetic patients must carefully control their blood sugar levels through diet, exercise, and medication to stay healthy. I will provide you with easy and simple tips that can help you accomplish this.
In cases where blood sugar can become too high, diabetic patients can quickly lower their blood sugar by taking more insulin. However, at other times, they may need to go to the emergency room for immediate medical attention.
What is High Blood Sugar?
If the blood sugar level is higher than:
-124 mg per deciliter without food
-180 mg per deciliter one to two hours after eating
Although other conditions can cause high blood sugar, it is most often associated with type 1 and type 2 diabetes. This is why it is crucial for people with diabetes to use a blood glucose meter to check blood sugar-the purpose is to prevent blood sugar levels from being too low or too high. In addition, you may notice other signs and symptoms of high blood sugar.
The most common symptoms of high blood sugar are:
– Increased thirst or hunger
– Blurred vision
– Frequent urination (urine)
Simple Tips to Lower Your Blood Sugar Fast
You can quickly lower your blood sugar by taking the following steps:
Exercise is not always the safest or most effective way to quickly lower blood sugar. It is important to note that exercise is only effective in the presence of insulin, whether natural or by injection, to enter the cells for metabolism.
Exercise can lower your blood sugar 24 hours or more after you finish because it makes your body more sensitive to insulin. Physical activity causes the body to need glucose for energy.
Consequently, the cells deliver glucose to the muscles, and blood sugar levels usually drop. For this, you need a form of exercise that makes your heart beat faster than usual. This can include brisk walking.
It is essential that if your blood sugar is higher than 240 mg/dL, you should check your urine for ketones. If ketones are present, do not exercise, as this will raise your blood sugar even higher.
According to the journal Diabetes Care in 2013, more than 5,000 diabetic patients recorded their blood sugar levels before and after exercise in just 10 minutes. Overall, more than 75% of people believe that their level has dropped by about 17% on average.
Exercise is essential to control diabetes, but it is warned that it is not a good short-term solution.
Relax and Relieve Stress:
Perhaps the least relaxing thing is when someone tells you to relax. But relaxation does help! The combination of stress and diabetes can cause high blood sugar. So, take a moment to catch your breath.
Stress can cause all kinds of problems (how many times has a bad day made you say something you regret?). In addition to affecting your food choices and making you feel weak or unwell, stress can cause your blood sugar to rise. Since stress can affect your blood sugar in many ways, it is best to do everything possible to reduce your anxiety level.
An excellent way to reduce stress is to meditate. A small study found that even if you only meditate once, mindfulness meditation can reduce overall anxiety. Take time to breathe deeply, clear your mind, and stay away from many annoying stimuli in the world, relax your body, and reduce stress.
According to a 2014 study, the blood sugar levels of patients who regularly do yoga are significantly lower, so please consider adding some sun salutations during your week.
Whether you choose guided audio meditation or spend an hour in a yoga studio, spending time clearing your mind and reducing stress will help increase blood sugar.
Changing your Diet:
You may not get the superpower from spinach as Popeye, but eating some high-fiber foods can help lower blood sugar. A 1991 study found that fruits, beans, and other foods rich in soluble fiber help balance blood sugar.
Those fiber-rich foods slow down digestion, which means that the sugars in your diet will not be rushed into your bloodstream. On the contrary, fiber helps everything break down more slowly, and sugar has more time to be adequately absorbed.
A significant review of diabetes research found that a high-fiber diet (especially fiber from grains) may first reduce your chances of developing type 2 diabetes. Unfortunately, this does not mean that you can use Lucky Charms to enter the city. “Cereal fiber” refers to sugar-free, unrefined cereals. Bran cereals, oatmeal or other whole grains will provide the anti-diabetic fiber you are looking for.
In addition to spinach and grains, adding black beans, sweet potatoes, avocados, nectarines, and other fruits and vegetables rich in soluble fibre to your diet will help lower blood sugar.
Do not dry out:
“Drink plenty of water” is not cutting-edge nutritional advice, but avoiding dehydration is very helpful in balancing blood sugar. A study in 2017 found that low daily water intake can lead to high blood sugar.
When your blood sugar rises, your body will try to expel the excess sweetness as quickly as possible. This means you may end up urinating more than usual. If you do not replenish the body’s water supply, there is no easy way to get sugar out of the system. Therefore, low water is equal to high blood sugar.
Although the American dietary guidelines recommend drinking water every day, the National Health Service in the United Kingdom recommends drinking 1.2 liters or 6 to 8 glasses of water a day.
Try setting an alarm clock on your phone to remind yourself to get water. When you have a spike in blood sugar, drink water immediately and stay hydrated for the rest of the day.
High blood sugar means your body has too little insulin or cannot use insulin properly. Insulin injections can lower your blood sugar levels. You want to turn to insulin as a last resort because the natural ways to lower blood sugar are the ideal ways!
Discuss with your doctor how much fast-acting insulin you should use when your blood sugar rises. You may need to check the difference in your blood sugar level about 15-30 minutes after taking insulin to make sure your blood sugar has dropped and not too low.
Only you can Prevent Blood Sugar Spikes
This isn’t very pleasant, but it is true: the best way to prevent high blood sugar is to avoid spikes in the first place.
Eating low-sugar whole foods and regular exercising will help control blood sugar. This may be beneficial for people with type 2 diabetes, but it may also require medication to keep blood sugar within a healthy range.
To avoid spikes caused by food, try to avoid adding sugar to your diet. The FDA recommends less than 200 calories per day from added sugar.
It sounds simple, but when you realize that 16 ounces of orange juice contain 240 calories (even if it is natural sugar, it contains up to 60 grams of sugar), it is easy to see how sugar intake is out of control.
It is best to avoid all sugary drinks and check the label. Everything from bread to turkey slices contains hidden sugars, so check your favorite foods carefully to ensure you don’t get any unnecessary sweetness.
Diet, exercise and good sleep are the best partners for controlling blood sugar. How to Lower Blood Sugar Fast at Home means staying hydrated, eating whole grains and fiber, and regular exercising will help lower blood sugar in the short term and maintain overall blood sugar balance.
Remember, before making any significant dietary changes, be sure to consult your doctor and registered dietitian/nutritionist and monitor for symptoms that may require immediate medical attention.
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight loss and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- Excellent Accuracy: metene TD-4116 blood glucose meter and strips are produced with industry-leading chips and biosensor, equipped with industry-leading technologies, conducive to get accurate and reliable measurements
- No Coding: The blood sugar meter gets into measure status automatically once insert the blood sugar test strip to the bottom of the slot, easy to use and easy to read with large display for the senior
- Fast and Reduce Pain: This blood glucose monitor takes just 7s and 0.7µl blood to get the glucose value; The lancing device has 5 depth options to minimize wound and reduce pain
- Better Data Management: This glucometer stores the newest 450 blood glucose values and display the continuous 14/21/28/60/90 day average; the measurements could be exported with windows-based software; help you track and manage your blood glucose better
- Diabetes Testing Kit 207 Piece Set: 100 glucometer strips, 100 30G lancets, 1 blood sugar meter, 1 lancing device, 1 control solution, 2 batteries, 1 protective wallet and 1 user manual; Please feel free to contact us if any problem when using this Diabetes testing kit
- Support cardiovascular health & blood sugar levels with the PurePremium blood sugar support dietary supplement, which contains essential vitamins, minerals and herbs.
- Support healthy glucose metabolism by adding our all-natural heart health supplement to your diet. Our advanced cardiovascular support capsules contain cinnamon, mulberry, vitamin c, vitamin e, magnesium, zinc, licorice root extract and manganese.
- Support blood cholesterol levels and make sure that your heart is healthy and strong. Support healthy insulin function and bolster your immune system against harmful free radicals.
- Our easy-to-swallow capsules support healthy glucose levels and your metabolism at the same time.
- Formulated in the USA. Every PurePremium product comes from an inspected, and GMP certified facility right here in the USA.
- INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS. Insufficient blood applied to test strip will result in wrong readings. Please hold the lancing device firmly against your fingertip for enough sample. Watch our instructional videos in our listings to optimize your testing results. Our friendly customer support will always be here to answer your questions and help to resolve your concerns. (30 Day Money Back Guarantee)
- EXCEEDS INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS. AUVON BGMs can function within ±10%, or ±10 mg/dl of laboratory values over 95% of the time, which is far beyond ISO 15197:2013 passing standard (within ±15% or ±15 mg/dl). The manufacturer is certified with CE mark, GMP, ISO 13485:2016, and ISO 15197:2013 without having any recall on the market in the past 14 years.
- CUTTING-EDGE TEST STRIPS. We use cutting-edge test strips enzymes for blood glucose measurements. Our test strips are produced with unique Automatic Carbon Printing Technique to ensure that the quality of each batch of strips could be relevantly much more stable, precise and accurate. Additionally, PROMISED 0.15USD/pcs would keep you no pressure to repurchase.
- KEEP TRACK OF DATA. Store your test results with time and date helps you track and manage your health while also keeping a continuous 7/14/30 average results. Automatic off means our device works longer without having to worry about wasting battery life.
- ALL IN ONE: 1 x AUVON DS-W Blood Glucose Monitor, 1 x battery, 50 x Blood Test Strips, 50 x 30 gauge Lancets, 1 x Lancing device, 1 x Meter User Guide, 1 x Test Strip User Guide, Our Exclusive Lifetime Warranty and Technical Support and Friendly Customer Service.
Last update on 2021-05-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API