You and I are regular people with diabetes. But were you aware of these 7 Celebrities with Type 2 Diabetes? Diabetes does not discriminate. Don’t think it can only happen to you. Check out the famous people who are dealing with type 2 diabetes too. Here are celebrities who are diabetics. Let’s get their stories:
Did you Know that These Famous People Have Diabetes?
Even actress Halle Berry had type 1 diabetes and didn’t know it. At the young age of 22, she took ill and even slipped into a coma for a period of one week.
Her doctors figured since she was a healthy and fit person that she most likely had type 2 diabetes. She is now following the ketogenic diet and avoids carbohydrates and sugars because of her diabetes.
At age 50 she is in fantastic shape and explains that she learned to train her body to burn healthy fats and says that is the key to her success.
Drew Carey was an overweight comedian with issues for years. It wasn’t easy for him to battle both weight issues, but type 2 diabetes as well. Once he dropped the weight (which was 100 pounds), he ended the task of taking medications for his diabetes.
He acknowledged that it had become much easier to do once he lost weight and the results were more than just once size in pants. That’s huge when it comes to controlling your diabetes. Weight loss just means so much in relating to taming your diabetes.
Drew had changed so much when becoming a healthier individual and that also resulted in his happiness improving. He admitted that anything worthwhile has challenges and it sometimes means sticking with it and to keep trying until you persevere which is what he did after multiple tries.
Well known as one of the top celebrity chefs, at the age of 64 Paula Deen discovered she was type 2 diabetic. She became well aware that a diet that isn’t healthy isn’t necessarily the cause of becoming diabetic.
But being overweight is most definitely a huge factor for type 2 diabetes. Of course there other factors that can play a role with type 2 diabetes such as your age and hereditary risks.
This celebrity is on an injectable medication called Victoza which I’m sure you’ve seen commercials for on T.V. She is now a spokeswoman for the drug and gets paid for it as well. While hereditary risks can come into play, that is not the case with Paula Deen.
While Larry King experienced heart issues back in 1987, he quit smoking, altered his eating habits, and decided he had to lose weight. Now even though we went through heart bypass surgery, his health issues were far from over.
Larry was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes back in 1995. He agreed that diabetes can be a silent killer. It’s the not knowing that’s really the silent killer because you can’t do something about anything you aren’t aware of.
Mr. King is diligent in managing his diabetes by exercising, taking his medications, and eating the proper foods. It’s all about eating the healthy fruits and vegetables.
You must check your blood sugars regularly to make sure they’re in the normal range and not excessively high or low. Checkups with the doctor are a given. And one thing he does is exercise that is fun which makes perfect sense.
It was at age 60 that actor Tom Hanks found out that he had diabetes. One of the most common occurrences for type 2 diabetics is weight gain which can happen through the yo-yo up and down dieting phase.
Many folks may not know that Mr. Hanks starred in the two movies, “Castaway & A League of Their Own. He actually dropped 50 pounds for the movie “Castaway” & gained 30 pounds for the all women baseball movie. These changes in weight were quite necessary for each movie.
When Tom Hanks opened up about his diabetes issue, he was hard on himself for not taking care of his health that might have slowed down the progression of his diabetes and actually felt the he was a “total idiot” even though he felt there were obvious signs of the disease.
It wasn’t until 2013 that he spoke publicly about his battle with type 2 diabetes. There are endocrinologists that agree that genetics sometimes play a role in whether you develop diabetes or not.
Jerry Mathers was one of my favorites when I was growing up on “Leave it to Beaver.” It’s hard to believe after all these years that we both have type 2 diabetes.
While many diabetics turn to or require medications to lower their blood sugar and control their diabetes, Jerry turned to natural methods to reverse his diabetes. He was told he only had a few years to live without doing something about his diabetes back in 1997.
He succumbed to food with his catering business for T.V. and movie crews which was a couple of hundred people. He wasn’t making smart health food choices. He admitted that being exposed to food all the time was not easy to pass up especially when he was a good cook on top of it.
Once he was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol, and hypertension, he saw the writing on the wall and dropped more than 50 pounds. He dumped the catering business and took control of his health by proper diet and exercise. He feels by educating others it will make a big difference.
You wouldn’t think that a singer who has won grammy awards would have diabetes, right? Well tell that to Patti Labelle who fainted on stage back in the year 1994. The pastas and fried foods had caught up with her and she was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.
It’s since been 25 years now and Patti Labelle has changed her life for good. At age 73 she takes no chances when it comes to her health. Any sign of something wrong she gets right to her doctors.
She has quit the fried food regimen and carries her own cooking necessities to cook her own food so she knows what is in it. As she tours she still exercises religiously. Walking is a big one. At 73, her friends and family are amazed at her vitality and energy level.
These are some of the Celebrities with Type 2 Diabetes. So you know that diabetes does not choose. Even famous people can develop diabetes as these famous folks have. The key here is to do something about your diabetes. Celebrities don’t have any advantage over you except the willingness to make change if you choose not to.
Recently Diagnosed with Diabetes?
SEE THE PRODUCTS YOU NEED TO GET STARTED
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Rothchild, Sascha (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 336 Pages - 04/19/2022 (Publication Date) - G.P. Putnam's Sons (Publisher)
- ✅ QUICK AND EASY TO USE: Care Touch blood sugar test kit delivers results in only 5 seconds with just a 0.5µL blood sample. There is no programming needed since our blood sugar monitor kit automatically recognizes batch codes encrypted on Care Touch glucose test strips. Our state-of-the-art glucometer kit with strips and lancets includes single-touch strip ejection, so you can hygienically remove used diabetic test strips.
- ✅ EASY DIABETIC MONITORING: The blood sugar monitor kit with strips is capable of saving up to 300 readings. The blood glucose test kit also provides a continuous 14-day average of your readings, making glucose monitoring easy for you and your healthcare provider.
- ✅ PORTABLE AND HASSLE-FREE: The diabetic testing kit comes with a handy glucometer case, which means you can check your blood sugar level at home or anywhere else while staying organized. The 10-depth lancing device and lancets will help make blood sugar testing almost painless and hassle-free.
- ✅ COMPLETE DIABETIC SET: The glucose meter kit with strips and lancets includes: (1) Care Touch Blood Sugar Meter, (100) Blood Glucose Test Strips for diabetes, (1) Lancing Device, (100) Lancets for diabetes testing, (1) 3 Volt Lithium Battery, (1) Glucose meter case for your blood sugar tester and diabetic supplies
- ✅ WE CARE BECAUSE YOU CARE: You care about your health, and we care about you. Care Touch is committed to providing the best quality blood glucose monitoring systems. Our care doesn’t end when your sugar tester diabetes kit arrives at your door. We’re fully dedicated to your satisfaction. If you have any questions or concerns about your glucose monitor kit with strips and lancets - contact us at any time.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- PUREHEALTH RESEARCH - Blood Sugar Formula 3 Bottles
- MANUFACTURED in the USA! 365-DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!
- A DOCTOR-APPROVED NATURAL FORMULA. Seventeen potent ingredients, each scientifically proven to have a significant effect at helping balance your glucose levels, improve glucose sensitivity, protect delicate cells from free radicals, and energy
- HIGH POTENCY. PureHealth Research experts scientifically enhance CHROMIUM with the Vitamin C, E, Mulberry Leaf, Bitter Melon, Cinnamon, L-Taurine, Berberin and other ingredients which are proven to help you support healthy blood glucose levels
- ONE CAPSULE DAILY, THREE BENEFITS: supports healthy sugar and carb absorption, supports insulin levels, supports cardiovascular health
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency support for 365 days a year; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health; daily support for healthy blood glucose levels, 365 days a year
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
Last update on 2022-06-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
14 thoughts on “Celebrities with Type 2 Diabetes | 7 Famous Diabetics”
Wow! This us really interesting to see here and I fancy it a lot. Seeing all these celebs here really saddens me especially Halle berry and tom hanks but then, it gives me hope that if they can manage theirs alongside their profession, then anyone else can. Rather an interesting one and motivating one to see. Thank you
Yes it’s an eye-opener when you see celebrities who also have diabetes. Most of us may think that famous people are immune to diseases and of course they’re not.
But it makes you stop and think about how important it is to control our blood sugars and diabetes.
These folks don’t have any advantage over anybody else except their attitude might be better than some of us about changing their lifestyle and getting rid of diabetes.
Thank you for sharing 🙂
Wow, I actually did not know that any other those celebrities had type 2 diabetes. Drew Carey is one of my favorite actors because he is so funny. I would have never guessed in a million years that he has diabetes. All of those celebrities seem to be doing good and they look real healthy if you ask me.
I’ll bet that a lot of folks aren’t aware of celebrities such as Drew Carey have diabetes.
But it kind of makes you think that they are normal human beings just like us.
The fact is that they must treat their diabetes and blood sugars just like the rest of us.
Some people might be encouraged a bit that if celebrities can look and feel better despite having diabetes, then why can’t they, right?
Thank you for your feedback 🙂
Interesting and important article! My grandma had diabetes too. It wasn’t that complicated because she was used to it but it is crucial to inform people about this. Moreover, realizing that Diabetes is not bad and living with it is possible, should be eye opening. Keep up the good work, this is such an important topic, even more young people it is relevant.
Hey Nick 🙂
Thank you! It is very crucial to inform others about diabetes. I don’t believe that many folks would think that celebrities also have diabetes.
When you realize this, then it kind of makes you feel a little better knowing that anyone can develop diabetes.
It’s also relieving to know that even with diabetes, just like famous people, you can live a normal life.
And you can take steps to manage diabetes just the way these important people do.
Thank you for sharing 🙂
I think that it is good to see that we are not alone in the fight against diabetes. I know a couple of this very famous people and I think it’s nice to see how they are able to deal with it. It makes me feel like others can also deal with no matter the type of diabetes one has. Thanks for this.
Hey Henderson 🙂
Most of us with diabetes never realize that even famous people are not exempt from type 2 diabetes.
And you’re right. If celebrities can deal with diabetes, why can’t we? It’s just something to think about.
I was surprised to learn that celebrities have diabetes especially Tom Hanks. I would have never thought.
It’s just a wakeup call for all of us. As long as we control the diabetes, we can live a normal life.
I appreciate your thoughts. Thank you 🙂
Hey Rob, Thanks for writing on Celebrities with Type 2 Diabetes | 7 Famous People Who Live with Diabetes. You have done a great work to help diabetes people by motivating them. If the famous people become famous with diabetes then why not us. Now they will start living their life with passion. I think your post is helpful for all. Thank you for your awesome time to write this post.
Thank you for saying 🙂 I just wanted folks to know that even the rich and famous people develop diabetes.
So if they can get it and live with it, why can’t us normal folks do it too?
You can learn a lot from what celebrities such as Tom Hanks and Larry King have done.
The bottom line is that we are all mortals, famous or not. Controlling our diabetes is the best way to function normally.
I appreciate your input. Thank you 🙂
This is an interesting article. Thanks for the Great inspiring article! This has to be motivating, not only for me but also for many others. You have given me plenty to think about here. This article is so thorough it opened my eyes to all sorts of information I wasn’t aware of!
I am a fan of Tom Hanks and I was shocked and surprised when I saw him on the list. However, if they (celebrities) can manage it for sure everyone can manage it and overcome it.
Health is wealth and we need to take utmost care on our health. Prevention is better than cure.
Hi Paul 🙂
It’s amazing when you learn that famous people are just like us and suffer from things such as diabetes.
I feel that it’s motivation for sure because you said if they can manage why can’t we?
It just seems to be an eye-opener when celebrities such as Tom Hanks, Halle Berry, and the others are in the same boat as we are with type 2 diabetes.
Health is wealth and prevention is better than cure. I totally agree with you Paul 🙂
Thanks for your input 🙂
Hello, I really want to first appreciate your effort in putting this great website together and writing this article. I am so amazed. I never even had a clue that Halle Berry would have diabetes. Sometimes we would think that life is been unfair, but this should be a moral booster for my cousin who is down same illness.
Thank you so much! I believe that many folks don’t know that celebrities such as Halle Berry have diabetes.
It just makes us think that if famous people can develop type 2 diabetes, then anybody can.
It’s interesting to see how these celebrities handle their diabetes too.
So when you wake up with diabetes each morning, just think of how you can deal with it, the same way that they do.
Thank you for sharing 🙂