You and I are regular people with diabetes. But were you aware of these 7 Celebrities with Type 2 Diabetes? Diabetes does not discriminate. Don’t think it can only happen to you. Check out the famous people who are dealing with type 2 diabetes too. Here are celebrities who are diabetics. Let’s get their stories:
Did you Know that These Famous People Have Diabetes?
Even actress Halle Berry had type 1 diabetes and didn’t know it. At the young age of 22, she took ill and even slipped into a coma for a period of one week.
Her doctors figured since she was a healthy and fit person that she most likely had type 2 diabetes. She is now following the ketogenic diet and avoids carbohydrates and sugars because of her diabetes.
At age 50 she is in fantastic shape and explains that she learned to train her body to burn healthy fats and says that is the key to her success.
Drew Carey was an overweight comedian with issues for years. It wasn’t easy for him to battle both weight issues, but type 2 diabetes as well. Once he dropped the weight (which was 100 pounds), he ended the task of taking medications for his diabetes.
He acknowledged that it had become much easier to do once he lost weight and the results were more than just once size in pants. That’s huge when it comes to controlling your diabetes. Weight loss just means so much in relating to taming your diabetes.
Drew had changed so much when becoming a healthier individual and that also resulted in his happiness improving. He admitted that anything worthwhile has challenges and it sometimes means sticking with it and to keep trying until you persevere which is what he did after multiple tries.
Well known as one of the top celebrity chefs, at the age of 64 Paula Deen discovered she was type 2 diabetic. She became well aware that a diet that isn’t healthy isn’t necessarily the cause of becoming diabetic.
But being overweight is most definitely a huge factor for type 2 diabetes. Of course there other factors that can play a role with type 2 diabetes such as your age and hereditary risks.
This celebrity is on an injectable medication called Victoza which I’m sure you’ve seen commercials for on T.V. She is now a spokeswoman for the drug and gets paid for it as well. While hereditary risks can come into play, that is not the case with Paula Deen.
While Larry King experienced heart issues back in 1987, he quit smoking, altered his eating habits, and decided he had to lose weight. Now even though we went through heart bypass surgery, his health issues were far from over.
Larry was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes back in 1995. He agreed that diabetes can be a silent killer. It’s the not knowing that’s really the silent killer because you can’t do something about anything you aren’t aware of.
Mr. King is diligent in managing his diabetes by exercising, taking his medications, and eating the proper foods. It’s all about eating the healthy fruits and vegetables.
You must check your blood sugars regularly to make sure they’re in the normal range and not excessively high or low. Checkups with the doctor are a given. And one thing he does is exercise that is fun which makes perfect sense.
It was at age 60 that actor Tom Hanks found out that he had diabetes. One of the most common occurrences for type 2 diabetics is weight gain which can happen through the yo-yo up and down dieting phase.
Many folks may not know that Mr. Hanks starred in the two movies, “Castaway & A League of Their Own. He actually dropped 50 pounds for the movie “Castaway” & gained 30 pounds for the all women baseball movie. These changes in weight were quite necessary for each movie.
When Tom Hanks opened up about his diabetes issue, he was hard on himself for not taking care of his health that might have slowed down the progression of his diabetes and actually felt the he was a “total idiot” even though he felt there were obvious signs of the disease.
It wasn’t until 2013 that he spoke publicly about his battle with type 2 diabetes. There are endocrinologists that agree that genetics sometimes play a role in whether you develop diabetes or not.
Jerry Mathers was one of my favorites when I was growing up on “Leave it to Beaver.” It’s hard to believe after all these years that we both have type 2 diabetes.
While many diabetics turn to or require medications to lower their blood sugar and control their diabetes, Jerry turned to natural methods to reverse his diabetes. He was told he only had a few years to live without doing something about his diabetes back in 1997.
He succumbed to food with his catering business for T.V. and movie crews which was a couple of hundred people. He wasn’t making smart health food choices. He admitted that being exposed to food all the time was not easy to pass up especially when he was a good cook on top of it.
Once he was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol, and hypertension, he saw the writing on the wall and dropped more than 50 pounds. He dumped the catering business and took control of his health by proper diet and exercise. He feels by educating others it will make a big difference.
You wouldn’t think that a singer who has won grammy awards would have diabetes, right? Well tell that to Patti Labelle who fainted on stage back in the year 1994. The pastas and fried foods had caught up with her and she was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.
It’s since been 25 years now and Patti Labelle has changed her life for good. At age 73 she takes no chances when it comes to her health. Any sign of something wrong she gets right to her doctors.
She has quit the fried food regimen and carries her own cooking necessities to cook her own food so she knows what is in it. As she tours she still exercises religiously. Walking is a big one. At 73, her friends and family are amazed at her vitality and energy level.
These are some of the Celebrities with Type 2 Diabetes. So you know that diabetes does not choose. Even famous people can develop diabetes as these famous folks have. The key here is to do something about your diabetes. Celebrities don’t have any advantage over you except the willingness to make change if you choose not to.
Recently Diagnosed with Diabetes?
SEE THE PRODUCTS YOU NEED TO GET STARTED
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight loss and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- Excellent Accuracy: metene TD-4116 blood glucose meter and strips are produced with industry-leading chips and biosensor, equipped with industry-leading technologies, conducive to get accurate and reliable measurements
- No Coding: The blood sugar meter gets into measure status automatically once insert the blood sugar test strip to the bottom of the slot, easy to use and easy to read with large display for the senior
- Fast and Reduce Pain: This blood glucose monitor takes just 7s and 0.7µl blood to get the glucose value; The lancing device has 5 depth options to minimize wound and reduce pain
- Better Data Management: This glucometer stores the newest 450 blood glucose values and display the continuous 14/21/28/60/90 day average; the measurements could be exported with windows-based software; help you track and manage your blood glucose better
- Diabetes Testing Kit 207 Piece Set: 100 glucometer strips, 100 30G lancets, 1 blood sugar meter, 1 lancing device, 1 control solution, 2 batteries, 1 protective wallet and 1 user manual; Please feel free to contact us if any problem when using this Diabetes testing kit
- Support cardiovascular health & blood sugar levels with the PurePremium blood sugar support dietary supplement, which contains essential vitamins, minerals and herbs.
- Support healthy glucose metabolism by adding our all-natural heart health supplement to your diet. Our advanced cardiovascular support capsules contain cinnamon, mulberry, vitamin c, vitamin e, magnesium, zinc, licorice root extract and manganese.
- Support blood cholesterol levels and make sure that your heart is healthy and strong. Support healthy insulin function and bolster your immune system against harmful free radicals.
- Our easy-to-swallow capsules support healthy glucose levels and your metabolism at the same time.
- Formulated in the USA. Every PurePremium product comes from an inspected, and GMP certified facility right here in the USA.
- INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS. Insufficient blood applied to test strip will result in wrong readings. Please hold the lancing device firmly against your fingertip for enough sample. Watch our instructional videos in our listings to optimize your testing results. Our friendly customer support will always be here to answer your questions and help to resolve your concerns. (30 Day Money Back Guarantee)
- EXCEEDS INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS. AUVON BGMs can function within ±10%, or ±10 mg/dl of laboratory values over 95% of the time, which is far beyond ISO 15197:2013 passing standard (within ±15% or ±15 mg/dl). The manufacturer is certified with CE mark, GMP, ISO 13485:2016, and ISO 15197:2013 without having any recall on the market in the past 14 years.
- CUTTING-EDGE TEST STRIPS. We use cutting-edge test strips enzymes for blood glucose measurements. Our test strips are produced with unique Automatic Carbon Printing Technique to ensure that the quality of each batch of strips could be relevantly much more stable, precise and accurate. Additionally, PROMISED 0.15USD/pcs would keep you no pressure to repurchase.
- KEEP TRACK OF DATA. Store your test results with time and date helps you track and manage your health while also keeping a continuous 7/14/30 average results. Automatic off means our device works longer without having to worry about wasting battery life.
- ALL IN ONE: 1 x AUVON DS-W Blood Glucose Monitor, 1 x battery, 50 x Blood Test Strips, 50 x 30 gauge Lancets, 1 x Lancing device, 1 x Meter User Guide, 1 x Test Strip User Guide, Our Exclusive Lifetime Warranty and Technical Support and Friendly Customer Service.
Last update on 2021-05-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API