You and I are regular people with diabetes. But were you aware of these 7 Celebrities with Type 2 Diabetes? Diabetes does not discriminate. Don’t think it can only happen to you. Check out the famous people who are dealing with type 2 diabetes too. Here are celebrities who are diabetics. Let’s get their stories:
Did you Know that These Famous People Have Diabetes?
Even actress Halle Berry had type 1 diabetes and didn’t know it. At the young age of 22, she took ill and even slipped into a coma for a period of one week.
Her doctors figured since she was a healthy and fit person that she most likely had type 2 diabetes. She is now following the ketogenic diet and avoids carbohydrates and sugars because of her diabetes.
At age 50 she is in fantastic shape and explains that she learned to train her body to burn healthy fats and says that is the key to her success.
Drew Carey was an overweight comedian with issues for years. It wasn’t easy for him to battle both weight issues, but type 2 diabetes as well. Once he dropped the weight (which was 100 pounds), he ended the task of taking medications for his diabetes.
He acknowledged that it had become much easier to do once he lost weight and the results were more than just once size in pants. That’s huge when it comes to controlling your diabetes. Weight loss just means so much in relating to taming your diabetes.
Drew had changed so much when becoming a healthier individual and that also resulted in his happiness improving. He admitted that anything worthwhile has challenges and it sometimes means sticking with it and to keep trying until you persevere which is what he did after multiple tries.
Well known as one of the top celebrity chefs, at the age of 64 Paula Deen discovered she was type 2 diabetic. She became well aware that a diet that isn’t healthy isn’t necessarily the cause of becoming diabetic.
But being overweight is most definitely a huge factor for type 2 diabetes. Of course there other factors that can play a role with type 2 diabetes such as your age and hereditary risks.
This celebrity is on an injectable medication called Victoza which I’m sure you’ve seen commercials for on T.V. She is now a spokeswoman for the drug and gets paid for it as well. While hereditary risks can come into play, that is not the case with Paula Deen.
While Larry King experienced heart issues back in 1987, he quit smoking, altered his eating habits, and decided he had to lose weight. Now even though we went through heart bypass surgery, his health issues were far from over.
Larry was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes back in 1995. He agreed that diabetes can be a silent killer. It’s the not knowing that’s really the silent killer because you can’t do something about anything you aren’t aware of.
Mr. King is diligent in managing his diabetes by exercising, taking his medications, and eating the proper foods. It’s all about eating the healthy fruits and vegetables.
You must check your blood sugars regularly to make sure they’re in the normal range and not excessively high or low. Checkups with the doctor are a given. And one thing he does is exercise that is fun which makes perfect sense.
It was at age 60 that actor Tom Hanks found out that he had diabetes. One of the most common occurrences for type 2 diabetics is weight gain which can happen through the yo-yo up and down dieting phase.
Many folks may not know that Mr. Hanks starred in the two movies, “Castaway & A League of Their Own. He actually dropped 50 pounds for the movie “Castaway” & gained 30 pounds for the all women baseball movie. These changes in weight were quite necessary for each movie.
When Tom Hanks opened up about his diabetes issue, he was hard on himself for not taking care of his health that might have slowed down the progression of his diabetes and actually felt the he was a “total idiot” even though he felt there were obvious signs of the disease.
It wasn’t until 2013 that he spoke publicly about his battle with type 2 diabetes. There are endocrinologists that agree that genetics sometimes play a role in whether you develop diabetes or not.
Jerry Mathers was one of my favorites when I was growing up on “Leave it to Beaver.” It’s hard to believe after all these years that we both have type 2 diabetes.
While many diabetics turn to or require medications to lower their blood sugar and control their diabetes, Jerry turned to natural methods to reverse his diabetes. He was told he only had a few years to live without doing something about his diabetes back in 1997.
He succumbed to food with his catering business for T.V. and movie crews which was a couple of hundred people. He wasn’t making smart health food choices. He admitted that being exposed to food all the time was not easy to pass up especially when he was a good cook on top of it.
Once he was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol, and hypertension, he saw the writing on the wall and dropped more than 50 pounds. He dumped the catering business and took control of his health by proper diet and exercise. He feels by educating others it will make a big difference.
You wouldn’t think that a singer who has won grammy awards would have diabetes, right? Well tell that to Patti Labelle who fainted on stage back in the year 1994. The pastas and fried foods had caught up with her and she was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.
It’s since been 25 years now and Patti Labelle has changed her life for good. At age 73 she takes no chances when it comes to her health. Any sign of something wrong she gets right to her doctors.
She has quit the fried food regimen and carries her own cooking necessities to cook her own food so she knows what is in it. As she tours she still exercises religiously. Walking is a big one. At 73, her friends and family are amazed at her vitality and energy level.
These are some of the Celebrities with Type 2 Diabetes. So you know that diabetes does not choose. Even famous people can develop diabetes as these famous folks have. The key here is to do something about your diabetes. Celebrities don’t have any advantage over you except the willingness to make change if you choose not to.
Recently Diagnosed with Diabetes?
SEE THE PRODUCTS YOU NEED TO GET STARTED
- Advanced Glucometer Kit: metene TD-4116 diabetes testing kit is equipped with advanced technologies, bring more accurate and reliable results and better experience for your blood sugar control; a control solution is included for checking the glucometer and strips
- Easy to Use: The blood glucose monitor is with code-free design, ready for testing once insert the strip correctly; the quick guide inside the package lists the steps to do a test clearly, easy to follow; any problem about operation, we are here ready to answer and provide glucose monitoring system instructional videos
- 7 Seconds And 0.7µl Blood: This blood glucose meter kit just need 0.7 microliter blood sample and 7 seconds to get you blood glucose value; Fast, minimize wound and less painful
- More Clearly Glucose Trend: 4 modes to record your glucose value according to different time, shows your glucose trend more clearly; 450 blood sugar values storage, continuous 14/21/28/60/90 day average, which bring more convenient Diabetes management for you and your health provider
- User-friendly for The Aged: 4 reminder alarms could be set everyday to remind the aged to do a test in time, considerate; the display is more large than most glucose monitors, showing the results more clearly, easier to read for the aged
- Dr. Marlene Merritt (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 100 Pages - 10/26/2021 (Publication Date) - Primal Health, LP (Publisher)
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- PUREHEALTH RESEARCH - Blood Sugar Formula
- MANUFACTURED in the USA! 365-DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!
- A DOCTOR-APPROVED NATURAL FORMULA. Seventeen potent ingredients, each scientifically proven to have a significant effect at helping balance your glucose levels, improve glucose sensitivity, protect delicate cells from free radicals, and energy
- HIGH POTENCY. PureHealth Research experts scientifically enhance CHROMIUM with the Vitamin C, E, Mulberry Leaf, Bitter Melon, Cinnamon, L-Taurine, Berberin and other ingredients which are proven to help you support healthy blood glucose levels
- ONE CAPSULE DAILY, FOUR BENEFITS: supports normal blood sugar levels; supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; supports insulin levels; supports heart health
Last update on 2021-10-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API