Protein is important for your body and there are many foods that provide you with the necessary amounts of protein. But that doesn’t mean that you eat and like all the foods with protein and if you’re looking for more energy and you have diabetes, then The Best Protein Bars Review may be a good fit for your daily routine and diet.
Quick Review of The Best Protein Bars for Diabetics
Protein is important for your body and there are many foods that provide you with the necessary amounts of protein. But that doesn’t mean that you eat and like all the foods with protein and if you’re looking for more energy and you have diabetes, then the protein bars I will be reviewing will be a good fit for your daily routine and diet.
Before I get into any more detail about protein and protein bars, I want to say that not all protein bars are created equal and with diabetes sugar and carbohydrate content is important. Let’s face it, we all need some sugar, but only in trace amounts in a protein bar which is why companies manufacture the protein bars with little or no sugar for diabetics in particular. Here’s a quick sneak peak:
|One Protein Bar||$$$||CURRENT PRICE|
|Extend Bar||$$||CURRENT PRICE|
|Glucerna Mini Treat Bars||$||CURRENT PRICE|
|Pure Protein Bars||$||CURRENT PRICE|
|Quest Protein Bars||$$||CURRENT PRICE|
Having a healthy protein bar as a snack in between meals is a great way to fulfill your hunger needs without filling you up on candies and junk foods. You should be having between 25 and 35 grams of protein at any given meal. You should keep that in mind with protein bars. With diabetes, you want as little as possible when it comes to grams of sugar. And these are the best protein bars!
The goal is to look for bars that have 20-30 grams of protein. That isn’t going to be hard to find. Some may have a little less or a little more but you get the general idea. The goal here is to help you to try to lose weight which is what the protein bars will help you do because weight loss is one of the best things you can do for your diabetes and its’ control.
These protein bars are for meal replacements or snacks in between which provide protein and nutrition for your body. But do note that this does NOT mean that you eat 3 or 4 bars at a time! They still contain calories and some sugar! Substitution, ladies and gents! Be careful!
Protein Bars- The Best 5 Protein Bars for Diabetics
- Product #1: One Protein Bar, 12 Flavor Super Variety Pack, Gluten Free
- Product Count: 12 Flavors
- Warranty: See manufacturer
- Amazon customer rating: 8.5 out of 10
1) One Protein Bar
With 20 grams of protein and only 1 gram of sugar, the One Protein Bar is just what you’re looking for when it comes to protein and nutrition for diabetics. Some protein bars do not taste good at all, at least not to me. But that’s not the case with the One Bar! And they are just 190-230 calories!
The flavors are awesome and surprisingly sweet with only 1 gram of sugar! My favorite is the peanut butter one. Cake frosting is a close second. But they are all delicious so no complaints here.
There were 386 reviews at the time of writing this review. Click HERE to see all of the customer reviews!
I always have a positive attitude and most of the reviews were positive. But I wanted to share a couple of negative comments with you as well. One dissatisfied person talked about the fact that while others were boasting about the fact that these are good, they tried them and didn’t care for them. And there’s another person who wasn’t thrilled either because some of the flavors were good, but not all of them and they only liked just one flavor.
But the majority of folks had positive experiences and here’s one individual did get all the bars but they weren’t all as described but it wasn’t a factor because they tasted great regardless!
Another person was happy with their purchase even though others may not have delivered what they promised, this person did get what they ordered.
While these protein bars are good, they may not be my best choice compared to the others but that’s just me. Everyone has different tastes! Yours may be different from mine.
Product #2: Extend Bar, Chocolate Peanut Butter
Size: 15 bars
Warranty: See manufacturer
Amazon customer Rating: 8.7 out of 10
2) Extend Bar – Chocolate Peanut Butter
The Extend Bar has only 150 calories, 0 grams of sugar, 21 grams of carbs, and 15 grams of protein. They are also gluten free and can help to control your blood sugar for approximately 6-9 hours.
They are very beneficial in controlling your hunger and reduce your caloric intake at your meal afterward. They also aid in muscle recovery and help with energy for exercising. Patented worldwide, invented by MD and recommended by medical professionals and professional athletes.
There were 322 reviews of this product at the time of writing this review. Click HERE to see all of the customer reviews!
There are a few folks who were a little less than satisfied with the Extend bars. First was a person who felt the taste wasn’t bad, but that there are many protein bars with low carbs available today. Okay, they didn’t care for the taste so much. Then a second person felt they were just okay and not their favorite choice but did provide a lot of vitamins.
Now to the other side of the coin, another individual thought that they are an excellent product. and you can appreciate these even if you aren’t a diabetic.
And another person who seemed to be content replied that they love these bars and they do what they are supposed to do. They help you with hunger pains after working out too. Sounds good to me!
I find these to be very beneficial for curbing my appetite and getting me through the hunger pains in the afternoon. You can’t be the ingredients and with zero sugar!
- Product #3: Glucerna Mini Treat Bars Chocolate Peanut
- Product Weight: 1.76 ounces
- Size: 36 bars – 6 boxes of 6 each
- Warranty: See manufacturer
- Amazon customer rating: 8.5 out of 10
3) Glucerna Mini Treat Bars Chocolate Peanut
These are excellent for helping to control blood sugar because they contain “carbsteady” which is a specific blend of carbs that aid in controlling your sugar levels from spiking.
Doctors recommend Glucerna as their #1 brand of protein bars for diabetics. Each bar contains only 80 calories, 3 grams of sugar, 12 grams of carbs, and 3 grams of protein.
This could be a downer if you’re looking for more protein but as a diabetic, I would be concerned more with the other numbers because that’s what keeps your blood sugar down.
At the time of the writing of this review there were 264 reviews. Click HERE to see all of the customer reviews!
So the first comment I’d like to share is a person who purchased this product two times now. Each time they were delivered the bars had appeared to have melted down. They thought they could still eat them but was disappointed and not what was expected. Unfortunately, this seems like a valid complaint to me.
Next up another person felt that the packaging was deceiving and that the protein bar was about half the size of the package. There was only about 2 bites. The 80 calories is great, but it makes you want to eat more than you normally would.
One customer was happy because their thought was that the Glucerna Mini Treat Bars should be top rated as far as their ratings goes. They ranked them very high in taste, value, quality, sugar content, carbohydrate content.
A second individual was definite about re-ordering because the Glucerna protein bars really worked for them. It was a great pick me up energy bar when they were feeling low on energy.
I personally find these to be okay and they do the job. The only issue I have is that the bars get squished in the box in shipping and appear to be smaller than they should be. This is something that should be addressed! Still a good product though.
- Product #4: Pure Protein Bars (My personal choice!)
- Product Weight: 2.3 pounds
- Size: 18 count – variety pack – 3 flavors
- Guarantee: See manufacturer
- Amazon customer rating: 9.2 out of 10
4) Pure Protein Bars
These are my personal choice! I love these Pure Protein bars. I’m a chocolate fanatic and you can’t beat these protein bars! They have 20 grams of protein, only 2 grams of sugar, 17 grams of carbs, and just 200 calories.
You get (6) Chewy Chocolate Chip, 1.76 oz, (6) Chocolate Peanut Butter, 1.76 oz, and (6) Chocolate Deluxe, 1.76 oz. I love the taste of all three of these and they are perfect for diabetics because the carbs and sugar are low.
While I am writing this review, there are currently 1,504 customer reviews. Click HERE to view all customer reviews.
The first thought was from someone not quite content and felt that the protein bars are low in sugar and high in protein, but did feel that the Quest Protein bars was a better deal for them.
Someone else was disappointed with this product. They felt that the bars were just a bit hard to swallow and didn’t have a taste that was up to par with other brands.
But the majority of folks were very content. One felt that they kept you feeling full for a longer period of time and also tasted great. They contain low sugar and high protein so you aren’t hungry again in 30 minutes.
That’s exactly how I feel about the Pure Protein Bars! Again, still my pick over the others!
- Product #5: Quest Protein Bars
- Size: 12 – 2.1 oz. variety flavors
- Warranty: See manufacturer
- Amazon customer rating: 9 out of 10
5) Quest Protein Bars
The Quest Protein Bars contain 20-21 grams of protein, 170-200 calories, 4-6 net carbs, and only 1-3 grams of sugar. Their ingredients are scientifically beneficial. Protein is made up of a combination of whey protein isolates and milk protein which results in protein that is cleaner meaning it does not contain excess fats and carbs. They are also gluten free.
I rate The Quest bars a close second behind the Pure Protein Bars. They taste great and I love the fact that they are low in sugar and carbs as well. I really do like the Quest bars, but let’s see what others have said.
At the time of this review, there are 13,563 reviews. Click HERE to see all of the customer reviews.
This person wasn’t happy because while they did like the Quest bars, a new ingredient of corn fiber was added and it caused them to have gas and bloating. Since then they weren’t as good as before.
An individual had received their monthly order and noticed a change in the packaging which lead to finding out that the ingredients had changed drastically.
But there are many more positive comments than negative ones and one person didn’t care for reading all about the negative comments about the bars. They felt that the bars were just great. There never appeared to be any signs of mold or foreign debris in any of the bars and that they were always a perfect product.
One more person said they they switch back and forth with the different bars, but mostly enjoy the chocolate ones best. They’re great for breakfast.
They have a great variety of flavors and it appears that most folks are happy with the Quest bars.
As far as I’m concerned this is The Best Protein Bars Review for diabetics. There are five choices and while I feel they are all good, my choices still are the Pure Protein Bars and the Quest Bars. Protein is important, but a low amount of carbs and sugar is even more important when you are a diabetic.
You can make your own decision on which ones you would like but they are all healthy and good for you to help with snacks and even meal replacements! Always remember to let your physician know what you’re doing. They are the professionals so leave it up to them. They have your best interest at heart!
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Rothchild, Sascha (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 336 Pages - 04/19/2022 (Publication Date) - G.P. Putnam's Sons (Publisher)
- ✅ QUICK AND EASY TO USE: Care Touch blood sugar test kit delivers results in only 5 seconds with just a 0.5µL blood sample. There is no programming needed since our blood sugar monitor kit automatically recognizes batch codes encrypted on Care Touch glucose test strips. Our state-of-the-art glucometer kit with strips and lancets includes single-touch strip ejection, so you can hygienically remove used diabetic test strips.
- ✅ EASY DIABETIC MONITORING: The blood sugar monitor kit with strips is capable of saving up to 300 readings. The blood glucose test kit also provides a continuous 14-day average of your readings, making glucose monitoring easy for you and your healthcare provider.
- ✅ PORTABLE AND HASSLE-FREE: The diabetic testing kit comes with a handy glucometer case, which means you can check your blood sugar level at home or anywhere else while staying organized. The 10-depth lancing device and lancets will help make blood sugar testing almost painless and hassle-free.
- ✅ COMPLETE DIABETIC SET: The glucose meter kit with strips and lancets includes: (1) Care Touch Blood Sugar Meter, (100) Blood Glucose Test Strips for diabetes, (1) Lancing Device, (100) Lancets for diabetes testing, (1) 3 Volt Lithium Battery, (1) Glucose meter case for your blood sugar tester and diabetic supplies
- ✅ WE CARE BECAUSE YOU CARE: You care about your health, and we care about you. Care Touch is committed to providing the best quality blood glucose monitoring systems. Our care doesn’t end when your sugar tester diabetes kit arrives at your door. We’re fully dedicated to your satisfaction. If you have any questions or concerns about your glucose monitor kit with strips and lancets - contact us at any time.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- PUREHEALTH RESEARCH - Blood Sugar Formula 3 Bottles
- MANUFACTURED in the USA! 365-DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!
- A DOCTOR-APPROVED NATURAL FORMULA. Seventeen potent ingredients, each scientifically proven to have a significant effect at helping balance your glucose levels, improve glucose sensitivity, protect delicate cells from free radicals, and energy
- HIGH POTENCY. PureHealth Research experts scientifically enhance CHROMIUM with the Vitamin C, E, Mulberry Leaf, Bitter Melon, Cinnamon, L-Taurine, Berberin and other ingredients which are proven to help you support healthy blood glucose levels
- ONE CAPSULE DAILY, THREE BENEFITS: supports healthy sugar and carb absorption, supports insulin levels, supports cardiovascular health
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency support for 365 days a year; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health; daily support for healthy blood glucose levels, 365 days a year
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
Last update on 2022-06-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API