Baking soda is one of the best products available for so many issues. Baking Soda for Diabetics can be exceptionally beneficial against diabetic ketoacidosis which diabetes & ketones can cause from unbalanced pH levels. Let’s see how beneficial baking soda is:
Why is Baking Soda Beneficial for Diabetics?
When you have type 2 diabetes, you’re dealing with the controlling of insulin and inflammation in your body. These two very important issues can be handled with baking soda for diabetics. One of many problems that can arise from managing your diabetes poorly can be a condition known as diabetic ketoacidosis. This can be a threat against your life. This is not to scare you, but to inform you, okay?
I want to explain what diabetic ketoacidosis is and then let you know what you can do and why baking soda can help you in this instance. DKA has to do with poisonous chemicals known as ketones. These develop when your body uses your protein and fat as the principal source of energy.
The bad news is that when these ketones are produced in larger amounts, they amass and make the fluids in your body become more acidic. The good news is that this acid state can be nullified or brought to a more neutral state by baking soda or sodium bicarbonate as it is also known.
With diabetic ketoacidosis you must control your diabetes and blood sugars. This is the cardinal rule with diabetes! If you are successful with doing this, you won’t have issues with diabetic ketoacidosis. But baking soda can help you to avoid this situation too.
There are different forms of availability for baking soda or sodium bicarbonate. You may get this in tablet form, capsules, powders, or even solution forms as well. Most common is baking soda powder form. We all have it in out refrigerators, but of course it has many other benefits than just providing a clean smell for your fridge.
Symptoms of Diabetic Ketoacidosis
- “Fruity” breath
- Nausea & vomiting
- Possible pain in the abdomen
- Rapid breathing
- Dry mouth
- High blood sugar
- State of confusion
- Excessive urination & thirst
Watch the Video Below for More About DKA
The Beginning of Diabetic Ketoacidosis
Protein and fat metabolism can occur when your body fails to convert carbohydrates into glucose. Glucose is your primary source of energy. This makes you, as a diabetic, more apt to develop diabetic ketoacidosis.
This is when your pH level is important. The excessive amounts of ketones in your bodily fluids are released by your liver.
This is not good because the pH of your fluids in your body gets reduced and when your pH level drops below 7.0, then you are in the beginning stages of diabetic ketoacidosis.
This is where sodium bicarbonate comes into the picture. DKA (baking soda) can help to restore the acidity level to normal pH levels because it is alkaline and not acid. You can return your pH levels of 7.35 – 7.45 which is normal and help to avoid diabetic ketoacidosis.
You can reset your pH to a normal state with baking soda by getting your body acid back to a neutral level. This will bring your levels back by neutralizing the acidity in your body. This will stop the fat and protein and fat metabolism and by returning to normal levels, you don’t need the sodium bicarbonate any longer.
The important thing note here is that this should be done under your doctor’s supervision. The main reason for this is that you cannot take too much sodium bicarbonate! This is very important to know and I’m sure your doctor will tell you the same.
But this treatment of DKA by use of baking soda will help you to avoid diabetic ketoacidosis. So unless it’s gone too far, you won’t have to actually treat diabetic ketoacidosis any other way. But please consider the fact that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Eat healthy, exercise, monitor your blood sugars, and see your doctor.
If you’ve gone too far and need to treat DKA immediately, you need to get to the nearest hospital because this is no joke my friend.
You need to have your blood work brought back to a normal state by having an IV inserted so you may get hydrated and bring the levels of your ketones back down again. If you don’t?
The consequences could be becoming unconscious or go into a coma. Death could result. I hope this gets your attention because I’m just trying to help you!
Baking Soda for Diabetics can help lower your blood sugar, but just as important it can neutralize your pH levels that can lead to serious condition of diabetic ketoacidosis. With your doctor’s approval and guidance you can help keep your pH level to a normal state.
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Kraus, Daniel (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 191 Pages - 10/08/2019 (Publication Date) - Hard Case Crime (Publisher)
- Laura Shepherd-Robinson (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 09/16/2021 (Publication Date) - Pan (Publisher)
Last update on 2021-09-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API