Who isn’t looking to go on a diet these days? It seems so many people want to lose weight and eat healthier. It’s also a main concern for folks with diabetes. Weight loss is a huge concern when you’re diabetic. I will give you the low down in The Paleo Diet Review.
Brief Review of the Paleo Diet
Product: The Paleo Diet
Author: Loren Cordain
Price: $8.29 USD (Paperback- 266 pages)
Personal rating: 9 out of 10
What is the Paleo Diet?
Loren Cordain declares that we should be eating like the primitive caveman. And what’s the number one reason for this? All the sugary, salt, alcohol, dairy products, and processed foods were not there and ready for consumption way back then.
So, the first thing I think to myself is, then why were all these foods that are bad for you brought into existence? We would all be thin and healthy and there would possibly not be any overweight people with diabetes and other health issues. The Paleo Diet is the best for diabetes.
But I guess there’s no reason to think about something you can’t change. Or can you? Well you can’t change the fact that foods that are bad for your health are available now. It seems that they are staring you in the face everywhere. But the change we can make is to avoid them and begin eating like the cave people did so long ago. And knowing what eating the wrong foods can do to your health is incentive enough to change your eating lifestyle permanently.
The Paleo Diet & Benefits for People With Diabetes
Losing weight is a major factor with any health issues but especially with diabetes. Staying away from refined sugars and processed foods is a must for diabetics. Experts in the field of nutrition declare that by eating a more natural diet of vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds and animal products will result in a much healthier body and lifestyle.
To me, it just makes perfectly good sense to follow because we’ve always heard that we should eat and fruits and veggies anyway, so why not follow what has always worked before? It makes sense to me.
Watch the Video Below
Some of the Benefits of the Paleo Diet are:
- Losing weight
- Your energy levels improve
- Building stronger muscles
- Improving your digestion
- Better blood sugar control
- Better sleeping
- Significantly improve the health of your brain
- Help control cholesterol level
- Building a stronger immune system
- Lessens anxiety and depression
Click HERE to see all of the customer reviews.
What You Can Eat & Cannot Eat
It’s not that hard to follow the Paleo diet. It’s middle of the line effort on your part. I don’t find in particularly difficult and I’ve tried many diets over the years, so if I can do it anyone can! No diets are easy, but if you look at it as an eating lifestyle change then it becomes habit. This is a high fiber, high protein diet. You don’t have to be counting calories. Who really wants to count calories every day?
Foods to Eat:
- Fruits in moderation but mostly non starchy vegetables: cabbage, spinach, asparagus, cauliflower, lettuce
- Healthy fats
- Fish and fresh lean meats
- Seeds and nuts: pistachios, cashews, almonds, walnuts, but NOT peanuts
- Oils such as coconut oil and olive oil
Foods That Are Off Limits:
- Refined sugars
- Vegetable oil
- Dairy products
- Processed foods
Caveman Eating Style vs. Today’s Eating Style
The primitive man ate a lot of leaves, fruits, and insects. Okay, we’re obviously not going to eat insects and leaves so don’t worry. But back then, which is millions of years ago, they used tools and fire and hunted for their food. They were used to eating more vitamins and minerals, more unsaturated fats and omega 3 fatty acids, more fiber and more protein.
In today’s day and age we’re eating so many more calories and bad foods. Today’s foods are breads, pizzas, desserts loaded with sugar such as cake, ice cream, cookies, pies, drinks with sugar and the list goes on. So it’s no wonder that society is overweight and filled with too many people with diabetes. Bad eating habits lead to poor health and diabetes.
So what can you do to change from eating such an unhealthy diet to a healthy diet? Begin by making some changes such as substituting fresh fruits and vegetables in place of some processed foods that you’re used to eating. Decide in your own mind that you want to eat healthy. Lose the weight and fell better but most importantly learn to eat a healthy lifestyle.
- No calorie counting
- Helps reduce the risk of diabetes, cancer, and heart disease
- More iron from eating red meat
- Higher protein for building and maintaining muscle
- Better for people who diet and have issues with blood sugar levels and carbohydrate cravings
- May decrease the risk of osteoporosis
- Healthy foods such as fruits and vegetables
- Losing weight because of food choice limitation
- Fruits, vegetables, oils, seeds, and nuts nutrients provide anti-inflammatory benefits
- Having more of that “full” feeling due because of more protein and fat intake
- Cannot eat: pasta, potatoes, breads, desserts
- May be difficult to follow in social life, such as no coffee, sugar, or alcohol
- Close restriction and requires discipline and commitment
- Monitor calcium intake due to no dairy products
- Can be expensive
So now you have an idea of what the Paleo diet entails. It’s not for everyone but it is for many people who are willing to change their eating habits based on the diet and lose weight and become healthy bit it doesn’t mean going back to the way you used to eat. Once the weight is off, you will hopefully be eating healthier than ever before!
I’m hope that my review has given you enough information about whether the Paleo diet is for you. If you have any questions about The Paleo Diet Review and it’s benefits, please leave a comment below. I would appreciate it and would enjoy interacting with you.
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Rothchild, Sascha (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 336 Pages - 04/19/2022 (Publication Date) - G.P. Putnam's Sons (Publisher)
- ✅ QUICK AND EASY TO USE: Care Touch blood sugar test kit delivers results in only 5 seconds with just a 0.5µL blood sample. There is no programming needed since our blood sugar monitor kit automatically recognizes batch codes encrypted on Care Touch glucose test strips. Our state-of-the-art glucometer kit with strips and lancets includes single-touch strip ejection, so you can hygienically remove used diabetic test strips.
- ✅ EASY DIABETIC MONITORING: The blood sugar monitor kit with strips is capable of saving up to 300 readings. The blood glucose test kit also provides a continuous 14-day average of your readings, making glucose monitoring easy for you and your healthcare provider.
- ✅ PORTABLE AND HASSLE-FREE: The diabetic testing kit comes with a handy glucometer case, which means you can check your blood sugar level at home or anywhere else while staying organized. The 10-depth lancing device and lancets will help make blood sugar testing almost painless and hassle-free.
- ✅ COMPLETE DIABETIC SET: The glucose meter kit with strips and lancets includes: (1) Care Touch Blood Sugar Meter, (100) Blood Glucose Test Strips for diabetes, (1) Lancing Device, (100) Lancets for diabetes testing, (1) 3 Volt Lithium Battery, (1) Glucose meter case for your blood sugar tester and diabetic supplies
- ✅ WE CARE BECAUSE YOU CARE: You care about your health, and we care about you. Care Touch is committed to providing the best quality blood glucose monitoring systems. Our care doesn’t end when your sugar tester diabetes kit arrives at your door. We’re fully dedicated to your satisfaction. If you have any questions or concerns about your glucose monitor kit with strips and lancets - contact us at any time.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- PUREHEALTH RESEARCH - Blood Sugar Formula 3 Bottles
- MANUFACTURED in the USA! 365-DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!
- A DOCTOR-APPROVED NATURAL FORMULA. Seventeen potent ingredients, each scientifically proven to have a significant effect at helping balance your glucose levels, improve glucose sensitivity, protect delicate cells from free radicals, and energy
- HIGH POTENCY. PureHealth Research experts scientifically enhance CHROMIUM with the Vitamin C, E, Mulberry Leaf, Bitter Melon, Cinnamon, L-Taurine, Berberin and other ingredients which are proven to help you support healthy blood glucose levels
- ONE CAPSULE DAILY, THREE BENEFITS: supports healthy sugar and carb absorption, supports insulin levels, supports cardiovascular health
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency support for 365 days a year; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health; daily support for healthy blood glucose levels, 365 days a year
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
Last update on 2022-06-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API