Who isn’t looking to go on a diet these days? It seems so many people want to lose weight and eat healthier. It’s also a main concern for folks with diabetes. Weight loss is a huge concern when you’re diabetic. I will give you the low down in The Paleo Diet Review.
Brief Review of the Paleo Diet
Product: The Paleo Diet
Author: Loren Cordain
Price: $8.29 USD (Paperback- 266 pages)
Personal rating: 9 out of 10
What is the Paleo Diet?
Loren Cordain declares that we should be eating like the primitive caveman. And what’s the number one reason for this? All the sugary, salt, alcohol, dairy products, and processed foods were not there and ready for consumption way back then.
So, the first thing I think to myself is, then why were all these foods that are bad for you brought into existence? We would all be thin and healthy and there would possibly not be any overweight people with diabetes and other health issues. The Paleo Diet is the best for diabetes.
But I guess there’s no reason to think about something you can’t change. Or can you? Well you can’t change the fact that foods that are bad for your health are available now. It seems that they are staring you in the face everywhere. But the change we can make is to avoid them and begin eating like the cave people did so long ago. And knowing what eating the wrong foods can do to your health is incentive enough to change your eating lifestyle permanently.
The Paleo Diet & Benefits for People With Diabetes
Losing weight is a major factor with any health issues but especially with diabetes. Staying away from refined sugars and processed foods is a must for diabetics. Experts in the field of nutrition declare that by eating a more natural diet of vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds and animal products will result in a much healthier body and lifestyle.
To me, it just makes perfectly good sense to follow because we’ve always heard that we should eat and fruits and veggies anyway, so why not follow what has always worked before? It makes sense to me.
Watch the Video Below
Some of the Benefits of the Paleo Diet are:
- Losing weight
- Your energy levels improve
- Building stronger muscles
- Improving your digestion
- Better blood sugar control
- Better sleeping
- Significantly improve the health of your brain
- Help control cholesterol level
- Building a stronger immune system
- Lessens anxiety and depression
Click HERE to see all of the customer reviews.
What You Can Eat & Cannot Eat
It’s not that hard to follow the Paleo diet. It’s middle of the line effort on your part. I don’t find in particularly difficult and I’ve tried many diets over the years, so if I can do it anyone can! No diets are easy, but if you look at it as an eating lifestyle change then it becomes habit. This is a high fiber, high protein diet. You don’t have to be counting calories. Who really wants to count calories every day?
Foods to Eat:
- Fruits in moderation but mostly non starchy vegetables: cabbage, spinach, asparagus, cauliflower, lettuce
- Healthy fats
- Fish and fresh lean meats
- Seeds and nuts: pistachios, cashews, almonds, walnuts, but NOT peanuts
- Oils such as coconut oil and olive oil
Foods That Are Off Limits:
- Refined sugars
- Vegetable oil
- Dairy products
- Processed foods
Caveman Eating Style vs. Today’s Eating Style
The primitive man ate a lot of leaves, fruits, and insects. Okay, we’re obviously not going to eat insects and leaves so don’t worry. But back then, which is millions of years ago, they used tools and fire and hunted for their food. They were used to eating more vitamins and minerals, more unsaturated fats and omega 3 fatty acids, more fiber and more protein.
In today’s day and age we’re eating so many more calories and bad foods. Today’s foods are breads, pizzas, desserts loaded with sugar such as cake, ice cream, cookies, pies, drinks with sugar and the list goes on. So it’s no wonder that society is overweight and filled with too many people with diabetes. Bad eating habits lead to poor health and diabetes.
So what can you do to change from eating such an unhealthy diet to a healthy diet? Begin by making some changes such as substituting fresh fruits and vegetables in place of some processed foods that you’re used to eating. Decide in your own mind that you want to eat healthy. Lose the weight and fell better but most importantly learn to eat a healthy lifestyle.
- No calorie counting
- Helps reduce the risk of diabetes, cancer, and heart disease
- More iron from eating red meat
- Higher protein for building and maintaining muscle
- Better for people who diet and have issues with blood sugar levels and carbohydrate cravings
- May decrease the risk of osteoporosis
- Healthy foods such as fruits and vegetables
- Losing weight because of food choice limitation
- Fruits, vegetables, oils, seeds, and nuts nutrients provide anti-inflammatory benefits
- Having more of that “full” feeling due because of more protein and fat intake
- Cannot eat: pasta, potatoes, breads, desserts
- May be difficult to follow in social life, such as no coffee, sugar, or alcohol
- Close restriction and requires discipline and commitment
- Monitor calcium intake due to no dairy products
- Can be expensive
So now you have an idea of what the Paleo diet entails. It’s not for everyone but it is for many people who are willing to change their eating habits based on the diet and lose weight and become healthy bit it doesn’t mean going back to the way you used to eat. Once the weight is off, you will hopefully be eating healthier than ever before!
I’m hope that my review has given you enough information about whether the Paleo diet is for you. If you have any questions about The Paleo Diet Review and it’s benefits, please leave a comment below. I would appreciate it and would enjoy interacting with you.
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight loss and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- Excellent Accuracy: metene TD-4116 blood glucose meter and strips are produced with industry-leading chips and biosensor, equipped with industry-leading technologies, conducive to get accurate and reliable measurements
- No Coding: The blood sugar meter gets into measure status automatically once insert the blood sugar test strip to the bottom of the slot, easy to use and easy to read with large display for the senior
- Fast and Reduce Pain: This blood glucose monitor takes just 7s and 0.7µl blood to get the glucose value; The lancing device has 5 depth options to minimize wound and reduce pain
- Better Data Management: This glucometer stores the newest 450 blood glucose values and display the continuous 14/21/28/60/90 day average; the measurements could be exported with windows-based software; help you track and manage your blood glucose better
- Diabetes Testing Kit 207 Piece Set: 100 glucometer strips, 100 30G lancets, 1 blood sugar meter, 1 lancing device, 1 control solution, 2 batteries, 1 protective wallet and 1 user manual; Please feel free to contact us if any problem when using this Diabetes testing kit
- Support cardiovascular health & blood sugar levels with the PurePremium blood sugar support dietary supplement, which contains essential vitamins, minerals and herbs.
- Support healthy glucose metabolism by adding our all-natural heart health supplement to your diet. Our advanced cardiovascular support capsules contain cinnamon, mulberry, vitamin c, vitamin e, magnesium, zinc, licorice root extract and manganese.
- Support blood cholesterol levels and make sure that your heart is healthy and strong. Support healthy insulin function and bolster your immune system against harmful free radicals.
- Our easy-to-swallow capsules support healthy glucose levels and your metabolism at the same time.
- Formulated in the USA. Every PurePremium product comes from an inspected, and GMP certified facility right here in the USA.
- INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS. Insufficient blood applied to test strip will result in wrong readings. Please hold the lancing device firmly against your fingertip for enough sample. Watch our instructional videos in our listings to optimize your testing results. Our friendly customer support will always be here to answer your questions and help to resolve your concerns. (30 Day Money Back Guarantee)
- EXCEEDS INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS. AUVON BGMs can function within ±10%, or ±10 mg/dl of laboratory values over 95% of the time, which is far beyond ISO 15197:2013 passing standard (within ±15% or ±15 mg/dl). The manufacturer is certified with CE mark, GMP, ISO 13485:2016, and ISO 15197:2013 without having any recall on the market in the past 14 years.
- CUTTING-EDGE TEST STRIPS. We use cutting-edge test strips enzymes for blood glucose measurements. Our test strips are produced with unique Automatic Carbon Printing Technique to ensure that the quality of each batch of strips could be relevantly much more stable, precise and accurate. Additionally, PROMISED 0.15USD/pcs would keep you no pressure to repurchase.
- KEEP TRACK OF DATA. Store your test results with time and date helps you track and manage your health while also keeping a continuous 7/14/30 average results. Automatic off means our device works longer without having to worry about wasting battery life.
- ALL IN ONE: 1 x AUVON DS-W Blood Glucose Monitor, 1 x battery, 50 x Blood Test Strips, 50 x 30 gauge Lancets, 1 x Lancing device, 1 x Meter User Guide, 1 x Test Strip User Guide, Our Exclusive Lifetime Warranty and Technical Support and Friendly Customer Service.
Last update on 2021-05-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API