How to Wash Running Shoes is important for you to help your shoes have a long lasting life. If you enjoy going for long runs, you must have several running shoes or, as these are commonly known, ‘runners.’ If you observe these shoes, you will find distinctive differences between the running shoes and the regular walking shoes.
Primarily because when you run, you hit the ground with three times your body weight. Hence, these shoes need to be adequately cushioned and made of a material that can withstand the impact. Anyone who goes running regularly will tell you that you can never run in your walking shoes. Not only is it uncomfortable to run in shoes that are not made exclusively for running, but these suffer more wear and tear.
Running shoes are robust and designed to withstand more significant impact and pressure. Some of the essential features of running shoes and how you should wash these to increase their longevity have been discussed below.
Understanding Running Shoes
Running shoes are made of synthetic materials and are designed so that there is more cushioning on the toes and heel. When you run, the direct impact is always on your toes, and you lift from the heel. To help you get the lift, the heel’s sole is usually higher than the rest of the shoe.
Thus, the shoes have to be designed in such a manner that you can run efficiently. The heel flares in running shoes provide extra support and help you run faster and with ease. Running shoes are also designed to provide you with greater flexibility. You can easily bend these shoes without breaking them.
This reduces the pressure on your knees and lets you run faster. Thus, running shoes are designed keeping in mind the comfort of the wearer and using the best quality raw materials. This makes maintaining the shoes vital if you want to increase their longevity.
Removing the Dirt from the Shoes Every Day
When you wear your running shoes regularly, you must have observed that your shoes become dirty quickly. The primary reason for this is that not all running tracks are equally clean. If you enjoy running through the woods, through a park, or on other similar tracks, your shoes are bound to get dirty and muddy.
In such a scenario, you need first to remove the dirt from the shoes regularly. Do not take off your muddy shoes and put these in a box. This will only cause the material with which the shoes are made to disintegrate faster.
Running shoes are often made by sticking the shoe’s sole to the body with a high-quality adhesive.
The glue might lose its adhering quality if the shoes are not cleaned regularly. So after you come from the run, check the shoes and if it is muddy and dirty clean it with a piece of cloth or wet-wipes and then put it away in its box.
Cleaning your Running Shoes
You do not need to give your running shoes a thorough wash every day. However, depending on the condition of the shoes, you will have to clean these. When you plan to clean your running shoes, there is a sure thing that you should do, and these are as follows:
- It would be best if you always clean your running shoes in warm water. So soak your shoes in a bucket of warm soapy water. However, the soap you should use must be a mild one and not damage the shoes’ embossing.
- It is a good idea to remove the laces from the shoes and wash these separately. But you can soak these together with the shoes.
- Now remove the shoes from the water and remove all excess dirt with an old toothbrush. Be careful not to use any harsh or abrasive material as this can damage the material with which the shoes are made.
- Once you feel that all the dirt is removed, the shoes wash thoroughly in cold water. You must ensure there is no soap left in the shoes.
- Wash the laces as well and put these on a flat surface to dry.
- After rinsing out the water, pat the shoes with a dry cloth and leave the shoes outside to dry.
The shoes might take a couple of days to dry thoroughly, depending on how much water you have used. If your running shoes are not extremely dirty, you do not need to soak them in soap water, and just washing the shoes in mild soap water will make them clean.
Checking for Instructions
You should also remember while washing your shoes to remove the insoles of your running shoes if it is detachable. In most cases, these can be removed from the shoes and washed separately. If your shoes are of a similar kind, you should remove the insoles before soaking your shoes.
Before you start washing your shoes, it is a good idea to check for the manufacturer’s instructions about washing them. In most cases, you cannot wash your running shoes in the washing machine and need to be washed separately by hand. Hence, you must check the washing instructions carefully before you get down to cleaning your running shoes.
Another point that you must check is whether the manufacturer has provided any instruction regarding the type of cleaning agent you can use. Based on that, you will have to select the type of soap you can use to clean your running shoes.
How to Wash Running Shoes will maintain your running shoes for a more extended period as long as you clean them regularly. Do not put away dirty shoes in the box. This will not just damage the shoe bit cause these to give out a pungent odor. Moreover, well-maintained running shoes last longer.
Most people who enjoy long runs mention that finding the perfect pair of running shoes that provide them with adequate comfort is always tricky. Therefore, if you find one, you must increase its longevity, and the best way to do so is to keep these clean.
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Rothchild, Sascha (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 336 Pages - 04/19/2022 (Publication Date) - G.P. Putnam's Sons (Publisher)
- ✅ QUICK AND EASY TO USE: Care Touch blood sugar test kit delivers results in only 5 seconds with just a 0.5µL blood sample. There is no programming needed since our blood sugar monitor kit automatically recognizes batch codes encrypted on Care Touch glucose test strips. Our state-of-the-art glucometer kit with strips and lancets includes single-touch strip ejection, so you can hygienically remove used diabetic test strips.
- ✅ EASY DIABETIC MONITORING: The blood sugar monitor kit with strips is capable of saving up to 300 readings. The blood glucose test kit also provides a continuous 14-day average of your readings, making glucose monitoring easy for you and your healthcare provider.
- ✅ PORTABLE AND HASSLE-FREE: The diabetic testing kit comes with a handy glucometer case, which means you can check your blood sugar level at home or anywhere else while staying organized. The 10-depth lancing device and lancets will help make blood sugar testing almost painless and hassle-free.
- ✅ COMPLETE DIABETIC SET: The glucose meter kit with strips and lancets includes: (1) Care Touch Blood Sugar Meter, (100) Blood Glucose Test Strips for diabetes, (1) Lancing Device, (100) Lancets for diabetes testing, (1) 3 Volt Lithium Battery, (1) Glucose meter case for your blood sugar tester and diabetic supplies
- ✅ WE CARE BECAUSE YOU CARE: You care about your health, and we care about you. Care Touch is committed to providing the best quality blood glucose monitoring systems. Our care doesn’t end when your sugar tester diabetes kit arrives at your door. We’re fully dedicated to your satisfaction. If you have any questions or concerns about your glucose monitor kit with strips and lancets - contact us at any time.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- PUREHEALTH RESEARCH - Blood Sugar Formula 3 Bottles
- MANUFACTURED in the USA! 365-DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!
- A DOCTOR-APPROVED NATURAL FORMULA. Seventeen potent ingredients, each scientifically proven to have a significant effect at helping balance your glucose levels, improve glucose sensitivity, protect delicate cells from free radicals, and energy
- HIGH POTENCY. PureHealth Research experts scientifically enhance CHROMIUM with the Vitamin C, E, Mulberry Leaf, Bitter Melon, Cinnamon, L-Taurine, Berberin and other ingredients which are proven to help you support healthy blood glucose levels
- ONE CAPSULE DAILY, THREE BENEFITS: supports healthy sugar and carb absorption, supports insulin levels, supports cardiovascular health
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency support for 365 days a year; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health; daily support for healthy blood glucose levels, 365 days a year
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
Last update on 2022-06-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API