Out of all the ways to control blood sugar, eating right stands at first! But eating right shouldn’t be bland and tasteless for us “pancreatically challenged” folks. You should be able to have “A plate without guilt.” So, we are here with 7 recipes to maintain healthy and appropriate blood sugar levels without sacrificing your taste. Lowering blood sugar levels shouldn’t be a huge challenge.
1) Broccoli Salad
It is a protein-packed dish for dinner or breakfast loaded with zero starch veggies. The recipe includes Greek yoghurt so that you won’t miss your favourite mayo.
- Five cups of Broccoli
- ½ cup sliced Artichoke hearts soaked in olive oil.
- ½ Cup roughly chopped Sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, (squeezed out oil)
- ½ cup halved pitted kalamata olives.
- 1/3 cup of diced red onion.
- ¼ of roasted and salted sunflower seeds.
Ingredients for dressing:
- 2 cups of plain and zero-fat Greek yoghurt.
- 1 large lemon (juice).
- ½ tsp of granulated sweetener of choice (or use Monkfruit).
- 1 ¾ tsp of dried oregano.
- 1 ½ chopped garlic.
- 1 ½ tsp dried ground basil.
- 1 tsp sea salt.
- 2 tsp oil from sun-dried tomatoes jar.
- Mix all of the salad ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix all the dressing ingredients.
- Pour the mixed dressing ingredient over the broccoli and coat it well.
- Cover and refrigerate the broccoli for at least 2 hours (or overnight) to make broccoli absorb the dressing flavour.
- Voila! It is ready to eat.
2) Fruit porridge for a perfect breakfast:
Ingredients: (for 4)
- 200 g quinoa
- 500 ml skim milk and 40 g sultanas.
- 1 chopped apple.
- 1 Cinnamon stick.
- 1 tsp floral honey.
- 125 ml extra-warm skin milk to serve.
- Rinse quinoa well under cold water, then tip it into a saucepan and pour in the milk. Boil it, then cook gently for 5 min on low heat.
- Add apples, cinnamon, Sultanas and boil gently for 5-6 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed. Then remove the cinnamon stick.
- Serve it with honey over the top and skim milk.
Give a break to your regular salad! And go for chard, kale, and spinach. They add health, low-carbs, and taste to your plate.
kale leaves, olive oil, salmon, roasted veggies.
Roast kale leaves with olive oil to make them crunchy. Mix roasted veggies for taste and flavour, then serve it with protein like salmon.
4) Low-calorie drinks:
Nothing beats plain water, but water-induced with fruits and vegetable is more riveting. Every time you lift a glass or cup in your hand, it can be a plus for your health. Read below for know-how:
Ingredients: cucumber, lemon, cinnamon sticks.
- Cut lemon and cucumber and put them in your glass. You can also freeze them to make ice cubes and then add them to your daily water.
- If you are not a hot-tea person, try making cold tea with lemon and cinnamon stick in it.
5) Chicken breast
Who doesn’t love chicken? Presenting a super easy, tender, and delicious chicken breast recipe for a balanced and healthy dinner:
chicken, mozzarella, garlic, tomato, artichoke, basil.
- Pre-heat your oven to 185C (365F)
- Slit the chicken to create a pocket.
- Mix chopped garlic, mozzarella, tomato, artichoke, and basil in a separate bowl.
- Your stuffing is ready! Fill it into the chicken pocket (don’t forget to use toothpicks to lock the openings of the pocket)
- Put the chicken breast on an aluminium foil and add the seasoning of paprika, curry powder, and pepper.
- Bake it for 20 minutes (depends on chicken size)
- Remove the toothpick, and it’s all ready to serve!
6) Chicken Coconut Soup
This recipe is curated to warm your soul and belly. This classic combination of veggies and chicken with a hint of coconut flavor will keep you healthy and fully satisfied all day long.
Salt, pepper, and onion.
Chilli and lime juice
Garlic and ginger
- Use salt and pepper to season your sliced chicken.
- In a large pot, high heat the coconut oil and add chicken breast to it. Fry for 4-5 minutes until the pink chicken turns light brown.
- Add chopped garlic, ginger, and sliced onion. Stir-fry it for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add cubed zucchini and pumpkin and stir.
- Add bell pepper, jalapeño pepper or sliced chilli, chicken broth, lime juice, and Coconut oil. Give it another good stir.
- Boil it on high heat, then lower the heat for 20 min to cook the pumpkin properly.
- After 20 minutes, remove the pot from the heat and season it with salt and pepper (optional).
7) Coconut macaroons
How can we let the list pass without a dessert? So get your apron ready for this keto-friendly dessert featuring cocoa, coconut, and honey for a hint of sweetness.
- 1.5 cups of unsweetened shredded coconut.
- 3 egg white and 2 tsp honey.
- 1 tsp cocoa powder and melted honey.
- 1 tsp coconut oil and vanilla.
- 1 pinch salt.
- Whisk egg whites until they form loose peaks double in size.
- Then whisk honey, salt, melted butter, and vanilla until mixed properly.
- Pour in the shredded coconut. ( avoid over-mixing to keep the air in the egg whites)
- On a cookie sheet, put mixtures into even stacks (app. 2 inches in diameter).
- Bake for 15 minutes until the edges turn brown. Then remove and cool it down on a wire rack.
- Separately, mix Cocoa powder and coconut oil to make the sauce.
- Once the macaroons are cooled down, sprinkle the tops with chocolate sauce.
- Keep it in the refrigerator till consumption. (be aware of warm temperature, it can melt down the chocolate)
13 Routine Tips to lower your blood sugar:
Preparing a healthy meal is not enough! If you want a plus for your health, try inducing these daily habits in your lifestyle to lower your blood sugar–
- Include barley in your diet.
- Exercise it out.
- Pair carbs and proteins together in your diet.
- Reduce your intake of carbohydrates.
- Go for whole fruits over juices.
- Eat more non-starchy veggies.
- Get your share of vitamin D.
- Sip enough water.
- A bowl of sprouts is a must-have.
- Avoid refined and processed food.
- Eat in a relaxed and stress-free environment.
- Consume food that is rich in fiber.
- Don’t forget to take a walk after every meal.
Lowering blood sugar levels is important when you have diabetes. I hope that you enjoy these recipes for lowering your blood sugar. Try and follow the 13 tips because they really do help with keeping your blood sugar low as well!
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Rothchild, Sascha (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 336 Pages - 04/19/2022 (Publication Date) - G.P. Putnam's Sons (Publisher)
- ✅ QUICK AND EASY TO USE: Care Touch blood sugar test kit delivers results in only 5 seconds with just a 0.5µL blood sample. There is no programming needed since our blood sugar monitor kit automatically recognizes batch codes encrypted on Care Touch glucose test strips. Our state-of-the-art glucometer kit with strips and lancets includes single-touch strip ejection, so you can hygienically remove used diabetic test strips.
- ✅ EASY DIABETIC MONITORING: The blood sugar monitor kit with strips is capable of saving up to 300 readings. The blood glucose test kit also provides a continuous 14-day average of your readings, making glucose monitoring easy for you and your healthcare provider.
- ✅ PORTABLE AND HASSLE-FREE: The diabetic testing kit comes with a handy glucometer case, which means you can check your blood sugar level at home or anywhere else while staying organized. The 10-depth lancing device and lancets will help make blood sugar testing almost painless and hassle-free.
- ✅ COMPLETE DIABETIC SET: The glucose meter kit with strips and lancets includes: (1) Care Touch Blood Sugar Meter, (100) Blood Glucose Test Strips for diabetes, (1) Lancing Device, (100) Lancets for diabetes testing, (1) 3 Volt Lithium Battery, (1) Glucose meter case for your blood sugar tester and diabetic supplies
- ✅ WE CARE BECAUSE YOU CARE: You care about your health, and we care about you. Care Touch is committed to providing the best quality blood glucose monitoring systems. Our care doesn’t end when your sugar tester diabetes kit arrives at your door. We’re fully dedicated to your satisfaction. If you have any questions or concerns about your glucose monitor kit with strips and lancets - contact us at any time.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- PUREHEALTH RESEARCH - Blood Sugar Formula 3 Bottles
- MANUFACTURED in the USA! 365-DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!
- A DOCTOR-APPROVED NATURAL FORMULA. Seventeen potent ingredients, each scientifically proven to have a significant effect at helping balance your glucose levels, improve glucose sensitivity, protect delicate cells from free radicals, and energy
- HIGH POTENCY. PureHealth Research experts scientifically enhance CHROMIUM with the Vitamin C, E, Mulberry Leaf, Bitter Melon, Cinnamon, L-Taurine, Berberin and other ingredients which are proven to help you support healthy blood glucose levels
- ONE CAPSULE DAILY, THREE BENEFITS: supports healthy sugar and carb absorption, supports insulin levels, supports cardiovascular health
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency support for 365 days a year; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health; daily support for healthy blood glucose levels, 365 days a year
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
Last update on 2022-06-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
4 thoughts on “7 recipes for Lowering blood sugar – Guaranteed to Help!”
These are great recipes! Something I would eat all the time! I also am very into health and nutrition and love that you have given so many options to help people who may struggle with good meals for them. I actually have blood sugar issues myself however, in they way that it stays too low and I need to compensate. However, I still really like these recipes and will be making a few in the next few days so thank you!
Hi Alyssa 🙂 thank you so much! It’s good that you were into health and nutrition and I know it’s very difficult for people with diabetes to have meals that are good and healthy for them.
This is why I wanted to come up with some recipes will actually help lower your blood sugar and these will definitely do that.
Feel free to use these recipes and pass them on to his many people as you know who would benefit from them.
I appreciate your comments. Thank you so much!
My husband and I were able to buy a house in the same city where I was born and raised. And thus, I will be able to visit my mom and dad frequently. I am very excited about that. I would like to cook for my mom some of her healthy meals. She really loves Broccoli Salad, so that will be one of them. Thank you for all these recipes. I found helpful how to prepare chicken breast the healthy way.
Hey Ann 🙂 That’s great that you were able to buy your house where you were raised!
I’m happy that broccoli salad is one that you will enjoy, but I’m sure that you will enjoy all of the others too.
It’s awesome to have recipes when you’re a diabetic that won’t raise your blood sugar.
As diabetics, we all need alternate options for eating that won’t affect blood sugar levels.
Thank you for sharing 🙂