If you are looking for a comfortable shoe to wear when you go walking & especially if you’re a diabetic, then I have the shoe for you. Comfortability in a shoe is important especially when you’re a diabetic. I’ve done my best for giving you all you need to know to make a decision from the Best Walking Shoes Review.
Quick Review of New Balance Walking Shoes
- New Balance Men’s MW577
- New Balance Women’s WW577
- Available sizes: 7-15
- Colors: Black or White
- Guarantee: Free returns, free exchanges
- Amazon customer rating: 9 out of 10
New Balance MW577 Walking Shoe
I was never that particular in what I wore on my feet. But when I was diagnosed with diabetes and had numbness in my feet, I knew I had to lose weight and get off my butt and start walking. It was clear that I was going to walk a lot more than I ever did and to be successful at getting healthy, I needed a walking shoe that was going to fit the bill and help with my type 2 diabetes. Good walking shoes are extremely important.
My concern was that I required comfort and a product that felt right and that would stand up to and last for all the tests I was going to put it through. New Balance isn’t the new kid on the block when it comes to foot apparel. They know how to put you into a shoe that will make you feel like you’re walking on air. At least that’s how I felt when I first tried them on. They may not be for everyone, but I feel that most people would be very satisfied.
ABZORB Heel Technology
This shoe features cushioning in the heel for extraordinary shock absorption called “Abzorb.” It does the job of controlling the pressure from the hitting of your foot when walking.
The MW577 (WW577 for the Ladies) has a midsole that is made of polyurethane which gives you a more enjoyable walk because of the added cushioning provided by the extra compression absorption.
Your feet will remain comfortable and dry due to the fact that any moisture is allowed to seep out of the shoes because the vent holes located on the top of the leather provide ample “breathing room.”
Another thing I found many times with shoes was the fact that they felt heavy or “clumpy.” That isn’t the case with this shoe. It’s lightweight design makes it a pleasure to wear every time I wear them.
This is the most important thing to me with a shoe. It is very comfortable and I’m usually fussy about fit and comfort. But the New Balance MW577 shoe (WW577 for the Ladies) is particularly comfortable with the numbness and foot problems I have with diabetes. I don’t need any more stress on my feet than I have right now so these shoes are a nice fit and the comfort is very welcomed.
Now that I’ve started walking 30 minutes every day, it’s a lot of walking and I need to know that the walking shoes I’m using can give me as much comfort as possible. I never feel as though my feet are squeezed too tight which affects my walking. So it’s made a difference for me when it comes to comfort for walking.
Features and Specifications
- ABZORB midsole polyurethane cushioning provides excellent shock absorption in the heel
- Made and assembled in the USA
- Solid rubber outsole
- Leather upper
- Walking Strike Path outsole
- This style MW577 are Medicare/HCPCS code= A5500 and may be eligible for reimbursement from Medicare
- Monocolor walking shoe that features overlays that are perforated and present side logos that are embroided
- Padded interior for fit that is comfortable
- Sleek look and design
- Enhanced durability provided by rubber outsole and grips a variety of surfaces
- Removable footbed for protection from impact and enhanced comfort
- Padded tongue and collar
- Extra eyelets located on the collar of the shoe can be laced for a more adjusted fit and snugness
- Mid-range price
- Breathability- plenty of room to breathe through the shoes’ textile lining which is well ventilated and through the side panels’ perforations
- Comfortability is exceptional
- The leather are rubber may not last as long as you may like from using regularly
- Made for average size people. Larger size or overweight people may find that the shoes may show wear and tear sooner
- Not the cheapest walking shoe
Before You Purchase:
- Make sure you chose the right color, black or white and correct size 7-15 and if you require a wider width
- You won’t get a pure leather shoe since it is a synthetic leather, but an easier to clean surface
- Can only be shipped in the U.S.
Verified Customer Reviews
The New Balance MW577 and WW577 for women is an exceptional walking shoe as far as I’m concerned. It is one of the most comfortable shoes I’ve ever purchased. It is made very well and to take a lot of walking abuse for normal size individuals. The fit well, provide good support, and look smooth.
There were 2,619 reviews at this time. Click HERE to see all of the customer reviews.
While the reviews were generally positive, there were some bothersome points that were raised. In fact this person said that the 14AA is alright, but unfortunately the box toe is a bit clunky and rather large.
In light of that, it doesn’t seem to be a concern for most other folks and one in particular who said that they are very comfortable and being on their feet all day that these shoes are a Godsend! A second happy camper stated that they would highly recommend these shoes and especially if you have a herniated disk L4-L5 as I have! These are excellent shoes.
This makes it rather easy for me to recommend the New Balance MW577 walking shoe as well.
To summarize, the New Balance MW577 and WW577 is very comfortable, made very well, and can take the wear and tear very well. It is highly rated and a flexible walking shoe. Most real buyers are extremely happy with purchasing this product and would recommend it to others looking for a good walking shoe. For me, I needed a really comfortable walking shoe because of my diabetes. I hope that you enjoyed my Best Walking Shoes Review.
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Rothchild, Sascha (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 336 Pages - 04/19/2022 (Publication Date) - G.P. Putnam's Sons (Publisher)
- ✅ QUICK AND EASY TO USE: Care Touch blood sugar test kit delivers results in only 5 seconds with just a 0.5µL blood sample. There is no programming needed since our blood sugar monitor kit automatically recognizes batch codes encrypted on Care Touch glucose test strips. Our state-of-the-art glucometer kit with strips and lancets includes single-touch strip ejection, so you can hygienically remove used diabetic test strips.
- ✅ EASY DIABETIC MONITORING: The blood sugar monitor kit with strips is capable of saving up to 300 readings. The blood glucose test kit also provides a continuous 14-day average of your readings, making glucose monitoring easy for you and your healthcare provider.
- ✅ PORTABLE AND HASSLE-FREE: The diabetic testing kit comes with a handy glucometer case, which means you can check your blood sugar level at home or anywhere else while staying organized. The 10-depth lancing device and lancets will help make blood sugar testing almost painless and hassle-free.
- ✅ COMPLETE DIABETIC SET: The glucose meter kit with strips and lancets includes: (1) Care Touch Blood Sugar Meter, (100) Blood Glucose Test Strips for diabetes, (1) Lancing Device, (100) Lancets for diabetes testing, (1) 3 Volt Lithium Battery, (1) Glucose meter case for your blood sugar tester and diabetic supplies
- ✅ WE CARE BECAUSE YOU CARE: You care about your health, and we care about you. Care Touch is committed to providing the best quality blood glucose monitoring systems. Our care doesn’t end when your sugar tester diabetes kit arrives at your door. We’re fully dedicated to your satisfaction. If you have any questions or concerns about your glucose monitor kit with strips and lancets - contact us at any time.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- PUREHEALTH RESEARCH - Blood Sugar Formula 3 Bottles
- MANUFACTURED in the USA! 365-DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!
- A DOCTOR-APPROVED NATURAL FORMULA. Seventeen potent ingredients, each scientifically proven to have a significant effect at helping balance your glucose levels, improve glucose sensitivity, protect delicate cells from free radicals, and energy
- HIGH POTENCY. PureHealth Research experts scientifically enhance CHROMIUM with the Vitamin C, E, Mulberry Leaf, Bitter Melon, Cinnamon, L-Taurine, Berberin and other ingredients which are proven to help you support healthy blood glucose levels
- ONE CAPSULE DAILY, THREE BENEFITS: supports healthy sugar and carb absorption, supports insulin levels, supports cardiovascular health
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency support for 365 days a year; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health; daily support for healthy blood glucose levels, 365 days a year
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
Last update on 2022-06-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
22 thoughts on “Best Walking Shoes Review – It’s the New Balance MW577”
Two of my colleagues are suffering from plantar fasciitis commonly known as heel spurs so they are always looking for comfort shoes. Reading your review on New Balance MW577 I think this could work for them. You see, they have to buy comfort shoes every 6 months to one year because their shoes get worn out within that span of time.
Our job requires us to be always on the move and seldom have time to sit so you can just imagine the pain they are going through. I will recommend NB MW577 to them but do you think these pair of shoes will provide comfort for people suffering from heel spurs.?
Comfortable shoes are really essential because your feet take a lot of abuse. These shoes will take a beating and last a long time for sure.
Let me just say this: I’ve had heel spurs and I know how painful they can be. ABZORB technology in the heel area provides shock absorption as well as impact dissipation. So yes, they absolutely help with heel spurs. I know from experience. That’s another reason why I bought them and why I recommend the New Balance MW577 walking shoes.
Thank you so much for your input!
I actually have a couple of friends who have diabetes. Their constant complaint is blurry vision, thirst, and numbness in the feet just as you mentioned. I am also very concerned for them because their blood circulation is horrible and its possible that their toes can be cut off if they wear shoes that are too tight and constricting. The new balance shoes you mentioned sounds perfect because it is very comfortable fit. As for the appearance, they do not mind much because health and well being is more important to them. The venting is also very helpful because their feet tends to get sweaty very easily. Thanks for the recommendation. Do you run in these shoes everyday?
I know what your friends are going through. Diabetes is terrible but getting it controlled through diet and exercise is important. I have the numbness in the feet and I am now walking 30 minutes everyday in my New Balance shoes. They are very comfortable and a perfect fit for my walking.
So in answer to your question? I don’t run everyday, but I do walk everyday in my walking shoes. It’s made a big difference in the comfort of my feet and the numbness.
Thank you for your comments!
I love how you start this post with the specs of the New Balance shoe your reviewing. Readers want to know if the shoe is in their price range right off the bat (at least I always do!) rather than read the whole post only to find out they’re way too expensive to their budget.
I also love that you own the shoe yourself and with having diabetes taking care of your feet and having a good supportive and comfortable shoe is so important! I think really addressed the key factors for readers to make an educated purchase.
I also appreciate that you didn’t just focus on the positives of the product but included some cons and even a negative review to give us an idea of the scale of cons – they’re really not that terrible and sometimes are more neutral than negative which is a big difference.
Thank you so much for commenting. It’s important to review a product that I believe in. It doesn’t necessarily mean everyone would like it.
For me, and a lot others that I read reviews on, the New Balance MW577 is THE ultimate walking shoe. You just can’t beat the comfort and performance it provides.
It’s important to know the specifics of something before you decide to buy it. Size and durability are a main factor.
Having diabetes I need to walk a LOT and these are the perfect pair for me and I hope a lot of other people as well!
Thank you again for your input!
I am surprised to know it is helpful to wear even with numbness. It is very important to exercise for everyone especially people with diabetes. I will get this for my dad. This will be really helpful for him. Thanks for the post!
Hi Kavitha 🙂 Yes it is helpful to wear with numbness which is why I recommend the New Balance MW577 Shoes. I have the numbness in my feet and searched high and low for these walking shoes. They are extremely comfortable and exercise is very important especially when you have type 2 diabetes. Thank you for your comments 🙂
Hey Rob! thanks for this great article of New Balance comparisons. The most comfortable pair of sneakers that I own are New Balances. I also love the way the white ones look. Mine are actually 5 years old (embarrassing) so it’s time for a new pair. Now I know where to look when I get new ones. Thanks, Heather
Hi Heahter 🙂 I love the New Balance walking shoes and this is coming from a guy who’s been used to buying the cheap $20 shoes LOL. But these are extremely comfortable and well made. They are really easy on my feet with the diabetes too. New Balance is the real choice! Thanks for sharing 🙂
I love the product, it has all the features that diabetic persons are looking for, as you can see all the details are very outlined and the pros and the cons, there is no need to search anywhere else, all the answers are in this article for everyone questions, very engaging information,
Yes, these New Balance Walking Shoes are awesome! They are especially great for diabetics. I firmly believe that a good shoe is worth the money you pay for it. They are extremely comfortable and feel great. I wear them a lot! Thank you for your comments! 🙂
I am not diabetic but it sounds as though it would be a great shoe for anyone who likes to be comfortable!
Hi Mariah 🙂 It’s great that you’re not a diabetic and I hope it stays that way! Diabetic or not, the New Balance walking shoes are the best. I love the comfort and design and they last for a very long time. The best is that with numbness from the diabetes is limited when I wear these walking shoes. Get comfortable with a pair! Thanks for sharing 🙂
New balance have been shoes of choice not just for diabetes but for many other feet illnesses so I like the comparisons you did and listing the pros and cons for me to be able to recommend for someone.
Hey Thabo, For me, New Balance are the superior walking shoes. With diabetes you need to have the best possible shoes available. There are many good shoes but New Balance rocks! They are so comfortable and take it from me with numbness in the feet you need as much comfort and support as possible. Thank you for commenting!
These shoes look very comfortable. My mom has diabetes, and thankfully, is still very active. I’ll have to show her these.
She can still out walk me when shopping, though, so I may regret this decision, LOL.
Hi Suzanne 🙂 I love these walking shoes! With numbness in my feet, they are the most comfortable shoes I’ve ever worn. It’s like walking on air. I put my pedometer on and the New Balance shoes and off I go. And they will last a long time which is another great benefit. Thanks for sharing 🙂
I am also on my feet a lot and there is nothing more Important than a comfortable shoe. A bad shoe will make you miserable and the pain will stop you from wanting to do anything except sit down. I want to thank you for your review on the mw577 you done a great job, as I started reading I was wondering if I could get it in white and there was my answer, on your review.
With diabetes I have neuropathy and numbness in my feet and it’s really hard to find a shoe that doesn’t feel like it’s compressing my nerves.
New Balance makes an awesome shoe and I searched high and low for the MW577 and it was worth it. I always try a size bigger than I need to help with the feeling of “rocks in my shoes.”
I chose the white too and I love the shoes! Outstanding shoes for an excellent price and comfort!
Thank you for your views! 🙂
I had no idea specific shoes were designed for diabetic patients.Very interesting. I’m sorry to learn that you are diabetic, and reading your posts makes me ever conscious of the dangers, and to take preventive measures at all cost.
By the way, those shoes look like sports shoes. Can anyone wear them, or is it only meant for diabetic patients? This was such a great post.
Thank you very much for sharing.
Anyone can wear these walking shoes. They are designed for diabetics but people without diabetes can wear them with no problem!
They are so comfortable and for me with numbness in my feet I can only say thankfully I found these because they are heaven!
I have to tell you that I recommend them to everyone!
Thank you so much for expressing your thoughts! 🙂