There is Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes, but What is Type 3 Diabetes? Type 3 diabetes is being diagnosed as Alzheimer’s or brain diabetes. Diabetics can have as much as a 60% higher risk of developing type 3 diabetes. Not everyone with diabetes will develop Alzheimer’s and folks without diabetes can still wind up with this disease.
Type 3 Diabetes – Alzheimer’s Disease
In addition vascular dementia is a condition that is caused by limited supply of blood to your brain. Women have almost a 20% higher risk of getting it than men do. Either way, you want to know and do everything you can to avoid either of these conditions.
There may some of you reading that never heard of type 3 diabetes. Studies were performed that revealed that a powerful breakthrough that insulin isn’t just produced by just the pancreas as previously believed.
The researchers performing the studies carefully examined the “type 3” patients and observed and came to the conclusion that the human brain was accountable for the production amounts of insulin even though they were small.
So because of this, it opened eyes to additional discoveries, one being how the brain is affected by insulin. In essence, it means that the brain doesn’t produce enough insulin, hence the term type 3 diabetes. Because the amount of insulin is deficient, the brain has the same affect as type 1 or type 2 diabetes has with the body normally. The fact is that only people with type 1 or type 2 can develop type 3 diabetes. So, it’s important to control your diabetes as to hopefully not develop Type 3 Diabetes.
High blood sugars as we know are very detrimental to our health. With Alzheimer’s its no better. They cause chronic inflammation and studies have shown that it is connected with brain changes that mimic Alzheimer’s. If a person develops insulin resistance in their muscles or liver it can cause type 2 diabetes. Insulin resistance in the brain is now being identified as type 3 diabetes.
If you are at risk for type 3 or Alzheimers or possibly in the earliest stages of it, your blood glucose tests when doing your lab work can possibly show signs but there is also a possibility too that they won’t show up. You will know because of the warning signs of Alzheimers according to the Alzheimers Association website:
Type 3 Diabetes Possible Warning Signs
- Possible issues with their vision. (This can first appear when driving)
- A sudden change in personality and moods as well.
- Folks begin with being confused about certain things such as place, names, and dates.
- People may begin with being introverted from their social life and work as well.
- Because of forgetting things, people may begin writing things down because they are being asked repeatedly for information.
- They might start doing tasks much slower than normal and having issues with trying to find the answer to a problem
How to Prevent and Treat Type 3 Diabetes-Alzheimer’s
1) Your diet- What you eat is always important and this is no exception. You need to be consuming foods rich in fiber such as fruits including berries, apples, oranges, and bananas. And of course vegetable such as broccoli, Brussels sprouts, peas, and artichokes help with lowering your sugar, high blood pressure, LDL cholesterol, and aiding in your digestion.
These nutrient rich foods contain vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that assist in standing up to Alzheimer’s and diabetes that are linked to chronic inflammation.
Foods rich in vitamin B12 such as liver or shellfish are a big time help with your nerve cells and have the possibility of delaying the beginning of dementia. It’s also vital to keep your weight down for your cardiovascular health and the connection to your brain being healthy. Blueberries can help your memory, along with walnuts because they are both can help in the prevention of inflammation and that can really do some brain damage.
2) Sleep- This is one of the three top things that you require not only for the prevention of all types of diabetes including type 3 diabetes. Sleep is just as vital for your health as diet and exercise is. The 7-8 hours of quality sleep that your body requires helps it to repair tissues and recuperate from any stress that you’ve had. It also gives you a reduced risk of developing stroke or heart attack.
3) Exercise- This always goes along diet in your life. How many times have you read about diet and exercise? When you have diabetes you should be exercising for at least 30 minutes a day for 5 days a week. I now exercise 7 days a week. There’s no excuse to not find time to exercise. I used to use every excuse but no more. The more intense your workout is the more beneficial it will be for you. At least start and if it’s a slower pace walking then fine. But write down a plan and step it up. You’ve got to keep moving!
But don’t stop there. Start exercising your brain! Read, read more, and then read more. Do crossword puzzles, word games, challenge yourself. I love math so solving math problems is a good one for me. But the idea is to keep your brain active! It’s that crucial for your brain health. Find something and do whatever it takes to keep you occupied and do it daily!
4) Stress- This one can really help you in avoiding type 3 diabetes. Stress is just so unhealthy for all of us. It’s easy enough to say to not stress, but much harder to do it. But there are several ways that you can cope with stress that will help such as: Getting outdoors with nature on the beach, by a lake, meditation, yoga, breathing exercises, or spending time figuring out how you can eliminate some of the stresses in your life. The less stress you have the better off you’ll be.
5) Puff out- Ok, it’s easy for me to say because I never smoked but I lost my parents and brother to smoking so I can tell you that there isn’t one single benefit of smoking that I know of. One of the things that smoking does it restricting the blood flow to your brain. This damages brain cells and can help lead to Alzheimer’s too. Find a way to quit! Please?
6) A1c- You have a much better chance at avoiding type 3 diabetes if you control your A1c levels. So do whatever you have to do to maintain your blood sugar levels in the normal range. The other two to keep a watchful eye on are your cholesterol levels, and your blood pressure.
7) Lots of sunshine- Why sunshine? It not only lifts your spirits, it provides you more vitamin D which helps in many ways including protecting you from disorders that are neurodegenerative and neuro-immune. Vitamin D is extremely beneficial and you need as much help as you can get with diabetes and preventing Alzhemier’s.
8) Coconut oil- This is vital for the health of your brain. Coconut oil can assist in the reconditioning your brain communication and reconstruction of the lining of your nerves too. By using coconut oil with its healthy fats, the function of your brain improves and studies proved that patients with dementia had outstanding results by consuming coconut oil three times daily. This is of course without overdoing it.
9) Your immune system- I’ve mentioned several times how vital your immune system is. It is most certainly important as far as your brain goes too. You want to slow down the beginning of dementia or type 3 diabetes. Everything depends on your immune system to fight off disease and to stay healthy.
10) Ginkgo Biloba- This herb is used to treat Alzheimer’s and dementia. It is responsible for circulating and regulating your blood and helps in protecting your brain from damage to the neuron cells. This is a great choice for unclogging arteries that are blocked and assisting your heart in relaxing and this aids in improving your memory.
11) Cinnamon extract- Type 1 and type 2 diabetes is treated by cinnamon extract and this will also work well for type 3 diabetes. Research was performed and the results were found in The Journal Alzheimer’s Disease that cinnamon extract does contain specific compounds that were responsible for terminating the breakup and functioning of a protein known as tau. These proteins are abundant in the central nervous system. These are thought to be the culprits and cause of Alzheimer’s and other brain disorders that can be reversed and prevented as well.
With type 3 diabetes patients, the normal insulin receptors which are part of the brain and responsible for cognitive and memory purposes, are substantially less and because cinnamon helps to control the activity of your brain insulin, this in turn can result in the brain returning to its normal role. But it’s important that you use the Ceylon cinnamon because the Cassia cinnamon is nowhere as good and won’t do the trick.
12) Omega 3 fatty acids- These are outrageously healthy for your brain. That’s why they call fish “brain food.” Omega 3’s are not only healthy for your brain but your nervous system as well. The essential fatty acids that help your nervous system to remain in top condition and assist in impeding damage to the brain cells are DHA and EPA. You want to get your Omega 3’s from cod liver oil, fish oil, and krill oil.
*Foods that are good-
- Water is obviously the best as it flushes out all the “poisons” and toxins from your body and of course keep you and your cells hydrated.
- Green tea is another excellent fluid to have because of antioxidants that are powerful and like water also assist in the removal of chemicals and toxins that can do so much harm to your body. Green tea can also be beneficial for lowering the formation of plaque on the brain.
- Mushrooms such as Coryceps and Reishi type mushrooms are very helpful with their strong properties of protecting your nervous system.
- Wholefoods not processed. Bulking up on foods such as green leafy vegetables, liver (not my favorite), and nuts including flaxseeds and chia seeds are going to benefit you.
- Plant based foods are the best for your health and you may want to try the Mediterranean diet. It’s an awesome diet for folks with diabetes.
*Foods that are bad-
- Refined sugars are absolutely horrible for your body compromising your circulation and make your blood become not smooth and flowing as it should be.
- Margarine has never been a food of choice. Even butter itself is a better choice than margarine. This will make matters worse for you when it comes to a brain disorder such as dementia.
- Dairy products that are processed- If you want to help prevent your absorption of nutrients into your body, then you would be choosing cheese, milk, yogurt, and cream to stop this from happening. So do NOT have these foods!
- Trans fats are the worst when it comes to anything especially your brain and dementia.
So, What is Type 3 Diabetes? It’s Alzheimer’s disease as it is being labeled now. Diabetes in any form or type can be devastating. But it doesn’t have to be if you know what to do to prevent it and if you do develop it, and in this case type 3 diabetes or Alzheimer’s. You can’t do anything about type 1 diabetes other than taking insulin but with type 2 and type 3 you have options. Do everything you can to prevent and not have to treat diabetes.
Reverse Your Type 2 Diabetes Below!
Please forward this article to others who may need help and please leave any questions or comments you may have below. I would love to interact with you. Thank you for reading and I appreciate it! Have a happy and a healthy one!
- Advanced Glucometer Kit: metene TD-4116 diabetes testing kit is equipped with advanced technologies, bring more accurate and reliable results and better experience for your blood sugar control; a control solution is included for checking the glucometer and strips
- Easy to Use: The blood glucose monitor is with code-free design, ready for testing once insert the strip correctly; the quick guide inside the package lists the steps to do a test clearly, easy to follow; any problem about operation, we are here ready to answer and provide glucose monitoring system instructional videos
- 7 Seconds And 0.7µl Blood: This blood glucose meter kit just need 0.7 microliter blood sample and 7 seconds to get you blood glucose value; Fast, minimize wound and less painful
- More Clearly Glucose Trend: 4 modes to record your glucose value according to different time, shows your glucose trend more clearly; 450 blood sugar values storage, continuous 14/21/28/60/90 day average, which bring more convenient Diabetes management for you and your health provider
- User-friendly for The Aged: 4 reminder alarms could be set everyday to remind the aged to do a test in time, considerate; the display is more large than most glucose monitors, showing the results more clearly, easier to read for the aged
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Dr. Marlene Merritt (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 100 Pages - 10/29/2021 (Publication Date) - Primal Health, LP (Publisher)
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
Last update on 2021-10-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API