How can a Podiatrist Help a Diabetic? It is so important when you have diabetes to have your feet checked. You need to keep your feet healthy and avoid any complications from diabetes. Trust me, this is something you do NOT want to ignore. So why is a podiatrist important if you have diabetes?
What a Podiatrist can Help with
You want healthy feet and sure as heck don’t want infections or amputations! Once you start to notice any one of the following with your feet, then it’s a red flag to get to go see your podiatrist:
- Callus or hard skin
- If your foot is suddenly swollen
- Any numbness or tingling in your feet (pins & needles)
- Any open sores or breaks in your skin
- If any specific or all of your feet suddenly become hot or cold
- If your footwear begins to becomes troublesome to wear or put on
- Any color changes in your skin such as pale, blue, red, or black
- Your calves begin to give you cramps
- Your walking becomes difficult
Any or all of these require medical attention from a professional such as a podiatrist.
I know from experience that peripheral neuropathy causes poor circulation in your feet. For me this results in numbness and my feet being on the colder side at times. This neuropathy will result in fatty deposits of plaque that will cause the arteries in your legs to not only harden and narrow, but causes less flowing of your blood in the feet and legs.
The best course of action against neuropathy and problems with your feet is to be proactive with controlling your blood sugars and diabetes in the first place. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure! This is vital for the health of your feet. There are things you should be doing and things you shouldn’t be doing.
- Have your feet examined yearly by a podiatrist
- Like I do, check your feet EVERY day
- Always wear shoes and ones that fit properly.
- Do NOT go barefoot
- Clean up and dress any scratches, wounds, & cuts you may have
- Do NOT smoke because this adds to circulation problems
- Wash your feet in lukewarm water, not hot water daily
- Trim your nails but carefully- straight across with filing the edges
- Wear socks (not compression socks) to bed if your feet are cold
- Choose diabetic compression socks to wear during the day
- Wear correct fitting diabetic shoes
Protect your Feet!
Again, I cannot stress enough how essential it is to check your feet each and every day. Examine the top of your feet and every part of your toes, the balls of your feet and the heels. Know what to look for.
You should be checking for:
- Athletes foot
- Temperature of your feet, hot or cold?
- Color- red, pale, blue?
- Skin that may be dry and cracked
- Cuts, wounds, abrasions
This falls mainly in the category of your podiatrist visit. They will check your foot color and temperature and thoroughly examine your feet and apply the needed treatments you may require. Your podiatrist will also check the two pulses in your feet as well. He or she will also be looking for any signs that are out of the ordinary such as any deformities or any indications that may require advice about diabetic footwear.
Additional Tips for your Feet
- Do not wear shoes without socks
- Apply moisturizer to your legs and feet 2x daily (not between toes)
- Make sure your shower/bath water isn’t too hot
- Don’t ignore any signs of infection, pain, or redness
- Inspect your feet at least once every day
- Keep between your toes dry to prevent athlete’s foot
- Smoking makes matters worse, quit!
- Choose your shoes wisely, go for comfortable shoes that fit properly
- Have a foot exam by a podiatrist at least once a year
Final Thoughts about a Podiatrist for your Feet
How can a Podiatrist Help a Diabetic? A podiatrist is very important if you have diabetes as you can see. Make sure you do everything you can to protect your feet and keep them healthy. Follow the tips here and don’t forget to see your podiatrist now before it’s too late!
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight loss and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- REVOLUTIONARY BLEND AND HIGH DOSES: Daily Support is NOT just another multivitamin! Compare our doses to others - we include more natural ingredients needed for daily Diabetes support and blood sugar regulation. Each bottle contains a one month supply.
- POWERFUL 7 IN 1 BLEND: Daily Support is a specialized blend of 7 ultra-potent, completely natural, and pure ingredients for Type 2 Diabetes support. Each daily dose includes Cinnamon, Banaba, Chromium Picolinate, Milk Thistle, Magnesium Oxide, Vitamin B12, and Bilberry Fruit Powder.
- COMBAT INSULIN RESISTANCE: Diabetes Doctor's powerful blend of Cinnamon, Banaba, Magnesium, and Chromium helps promote healthy insulin function, higher energy levels, and support pancreas health.
- CORRECT NUTRITIONAL DEFICIENCIES: Magnesium and Vitamin B12 deficiencies are very common with Type 2 Diabetes. These deficiencies can aggravate insulin resistance and contribute to heart risk and nerve pain. Daily Support provides you with full doses of both essential vitamins and minerals.
- SUPPORT HEALTHY VITAL ORGANS: Daily Support contains Milk Thistle, which aids in promoting healthy heart, liver, kidney, and pancreas function - organs that can be affected by diabetes.
- Excellent Accuracy: metene TD-4116 blood glucose meter and strips are produced with industry-leading chips and biosensor, equipped with industry-leading technologies, conducive to get accurate and reliable measurements
- No Coding: The blood sugar meter gets into measure status automatically once insert the blood sugar test strip to the bottom of the slot, easy to use and easy to read with large display for the senior
- Fast and Reduce Pain: This blood glucose monitor takes just 7s and 0.7µl blood to get the glucose value; The lancing device has 5 depth options to minimize wound and reduce pain
- Better Data Management: This glucometer stores the newest 450 blood glucose values and display the continuous 14/21/28/60/90 day average; the measurements could be exported with windows-based software; help you track and manage your blood glucose better
- Diabetes Testing Kit 107 Piece Set: 50 glucometer strips, 50 30G lancets, 1 blood sugar meter, 1 lancing device, 1 control solution, 2 batteries, 1 protective wallet and 1 user manual; Please feel free to contact us if any problem when using this Diabetes testing kit
- Support cardiovascular health & blood sugar levels with the PurePremium blood sugar support dietary supplement, which contains essential vitamins, minerals and herbs.
- Support healthy glucose metabolism by adding our all-natural heart health supplement to your diet. Our advanced cardiovascular support capsules contain cinnamon, mulberry, vitamin c, vitamin e, magnesium, zinc, licorice root extract and manganese.
- Support blood cholesterol levels and make sure that your heart is healthy and strong. Support healthy insulin function and bolster your immune system against harmful free radicals.
- Our easy-to-swallow capsules support healthy glucose levels and your metabolism at the same time.
- Formulated in the USA. Every PurePremium product comes from an inspected, and GMP certified facility right here in the USA.
Last update on 2021-02-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API