Why is Hibiscus Tea a Good Choice for Diabetics?
Another awesome drink is Hibiscus Tea For Diabetes. Studies revealed that the polyphenols in the leaves of the hibiscus plant contain ferulic acid which has the probability of being a much better treatment for diabetes. This is why you should take advantage of hibiscus tea for type 2 diabetes. If you love tea, why not hibiscus tea that will benefit your diabetes and blood sugars?
While green tea is similar to hibiscus tea in that they both contain polyphenols, these antioxidants are found in all plants and they are extremely important because they widen your arteries by opening them up and also reducing oxidative stress.
In turn, this results in preventing clotting, lowering your blood pressure, and lowering your cholesterol.
So all of these instances are going to help you with lessening your risk for heart disease which puts those of us with diabetes at a higher risk for. These polyphenols are vital because they will aid in regulating the glucose in your body and that my friend will help you to control your type 2 diabetes and prevent it as well.
Research was done about hibiscus tea (derived from the hibiscus flowers) with laboratory animals and they were given a hibiscus supplement for 3 weeks and the results were a decrease in blood sugar by almost 50% and insulin levels lowered by almost 15%! LDL, bad cholesterol dropped by over 20% and HDL good cholesterol by just over 10%! And another note? Triglycerides were lowered by 30% as well!
I was never much of a tea drinker. I drank iced tea (No more, too much sugar) I would drink regular tea when I wasn’t feeling good. But now it’s a different story. I drink diet green tea and hibiscus tea and it’s mainly for the type 2 diabetes. Anything that helps in lowering blood sugars is great by me!
Health Benefits of Hibiscus Tea
1) Losing Weight
Everyone wants to lose at least some weight it seems. Anytime you eat or drink something that is healthy for you, there’s a much better chance that you can lose weight because of your healthy choices.
If you eat too many foods with carbohydrates, you’ll gain weight. Hibiscus tea helps you to lose weight because the extract from the hibiscus aids in lowering the absorption of glucose and starch which will result in weight loss.
If you want to reduce depression and anxiety and remain calm and relaxed, then hibiscus tea can help. By drinking hibiscus tea, you can help to relax your nervous system by producing a soothing feeling in your body and your mind. It helps to accomplish this with its’ properties in vitamins and minerals. The antidepressant properties come from the flavonoids.
3) Blood Pressure
It should be evident by now that hypertension will lead to cardiovascular diseases such as heart attacks and strokes. How does hibiscus tea help? It has properties that are protective of your cardio system and are anti-hypertensive to aid in fighting high blood pressure.
An average of three cups a day for a couple to a few weeks can lower your blood pressure numbers by as much as 10 points! It does this through an increase in urination which helps lower your blood pressure.
4)- Thirst Satisfier
Hibiscus tea has many medicinal properties which are similar to what sports drinks offer. It has the ability to help your body cool down when you are exercising or working out.
It will assist you in performing at your peak by acting as a diuretic and clear out any excess toxins and fluids from your body. I feel that hibiscus tea is a better choice than sports drinks with sugars in them. It quenches my thirst without the sugars.
5)- Healthy Liver
Your liver is vital to your health and why? It secrets bile, produces proteins, and breaks down fat. So research was done and showed that hibiscus tea can possibly help to promote a healthy liver and keep it working more effectively.
6)- Cancer Prevention
Because hibiscus is high in polyphenols, these strong compounds contain very powerful properties that are anti-cancer. Studies were performed on hibiscus leaf extract that showed the halting and spreading of prostate cancer cells. Anytime something like hibiscus tea can help fight cancer, it is definitely a consideration for anyone.
7)- Fight Bacteria
The bad bacteria that are responsible for the cause of infections such as pneumonia, urinary tract, and bronchitis to name a few, can be kept in check by hibiscus tea. These bacteria can do a lot of harm such as everyday problems like gas, cramps, and diarrhea. Hibiscus tea can help calm these issues down.
Hibiscus tea is full of antioxidants that aid in lowering the LDL bad cholesterol in your body. This helps to lower your risk cardiovascular diseases such as strokes and heart attacks. It’s just so important to have your cholesterol levels checked to avoid serious diseases like these.
9)- Slows Aging
Nobody wants to look older than they are. Hibiscus tea can assist in the slowing down of your aging. It can help in reducing the wrinkles and fine lines and repair the elasticity of your skin giving you a more youthful appearance. I find this useful as I’m older now. I’ll take all the help I can get!
10)- Stress Reduction
Stress is one of the most harmful things for your health. This can cause multiple issues with your body. It affects your weight for one and hibiscus tea is able to reduce both weight gain and stress due to its levels of coritsone.
This is the one and most important thing you want to reduce in your body without a doubt! It is the cause of every ailment and disease out there. Gaining weight and being obese are just very bad for your health as we all know. Reducing inflammation is going to help you with weight issues, diabetes, and fatty liver disease. Hibiscus tea with polyphenols will help reduce inflammation in your body!
Watch the Video Below for More About Hibiscus Tea
12) Improving of Fat Absorption
Why is hibiscus important for improving how fat is stored in your body? It’s because hibiscus tea was found to enhance your food consumption and efficiency. So that means that the best benefit you get from this is that the fat from the food that you consume is used as energy instead of just being stored in fat cells and not being used.
But these polyphenols that I’ve mentioned aid in decreasing body fat because they are successful in preventing the fat from forming at all. Losing weight and keeping your weight down is going to help your type 2 diabetes. By consuming hibiscus tea, you are assisting your body in the reduction of your body fat, Body Mass Index, and your body weight and shape.
13)- Immune System
How often if at all do you think about your immune system when you’re getting sick? If you’re not, you should be. It’s telling you that you’re supposed to be taking care of it in order for it to protect you. You feel something coming on such as a cold? Vitamin C!
You need it to help protect you and since your body can’t store it, you must make sure that you are getting enough to help you against colds, flu, and every other nasty thing that can bring you down.
What you really want to help do your body good and help your immune system with vitamin C is hibiscus tea. You’ll be getting the vitamin C you need and iron as well! You can help your body to absorb iron better with vitamin C and also help in preventing anemia.
14)- Menstrual Pain
If you want to avoid these horrible cramps, then hibiscus tea is your savior! It will help in the restoring the balance of hormones. This aids in also decreasing depression, mood swings, and eating too much which are additional symptoms of menstruation.
15)- Kidney Stones
I’ve heard too many stories about kidney stones and I pray that I never ever experience the pain they put you through! When you get a buildup of calcium oxalates in your kidneys, this will result in pain you never want to go through. Hibiscus tea have properties than can prevent this from ever happening so drinking it would be a smart idea!
Fertility & Pregnancy
Hibiscus tea may lower estrogen levels. But it could possibly have an effect on the reproductive potentials too. This is something you should be discussing with your physician about. You may just want to stay away from hibiscus tea if you are planning to become pregnant or already are.
Some folks can feel light headed or even an intoxicating feeling so it would be wise to exercise caution after consuming it, especially when it comes to operating machines or driving. It’s better to be safe than sorry as they say, right?
One of the main benefits of hibiscus tea is that it lowers your blood pressure. You should be checking your blood pressure frequently at home. But you may want to avoid the tea if your blood pressure is already low. You want to avoid low blood pressure at any cost!
So what are your thoughts about Hibiscus Tea For Diabetes? I’d love to hear from you and get your thoughts about hibiscus tea. I’m always interested in anything that helps with diabetes and in better health in general so I can pass it on to you!
End Your Type 2 Diabetes
Click the Button Below
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Rothchild, Sascha (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 336 Pages - 04/19/2022 (Publication Date) - G.P. Putnam's Sons (Publisher)
- ✅ QUICK AND EASY TO USE: Care Touch blood sugar test kit delivers results in only 5 seconds with just a 0.5µL blood sample. There is no programming needed since our blood sugar monitor kit automatically recognizes batch codes encrypted on Care Touch glucose test strips. Our state-of-the-art glucometer kit with strips and lancets includes single-touch strip ejection, so you can hygienically remove used diabetic test strips.
- ✅ EASY DIABETIC MONITORING: The blood sugar monitor kit with strips is capable of saving up to 300 readings. The blood glucose test kit also provides a continuous 14-day average of your readings, making glucose monitoring easy for you and your healthcare provider.
- ✅ PORTABLE AND HASSLE-FREE: The diabetic testing kit comes with a handy glucometer case, which means you can check your blood sugar level at home or anywhere else while staying organized. The 10-depth lancing device and lancets will help make blood sugar testing almost painless and hassle-free.
- ✅ COMPLETE DIABETIC SET: The glucose meter kit with strips and lancets includes: (1) Care Touch Blood Sugar Meter, (100) Blood Glucose Test Strips for diabetes, (1) Lancing Device, (100) Lancets for diabetes testing, (1) 3 Volt Lithium Battery, (1) Glucose meter case for your blood sugar tester and diabetic supplies
- ✅ WE CARE BECAUSE YOU CARE: You care about your health, and we care about you. Care Touch is committed to providing the best quality blood glucose monitoring systems. Our care doesn’t end when your sugar tester diabetes kit arrives at your door. We’re fully dedicated to your satisfaction. If you have any questions or concerns about your glucose monitor kit with strips and lancets - contact us at any time.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- PUREHEALTH RESEARCH - Blood Sugar Formula 3 Bottles
- MANUFACTURED in the USA! 365-DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!
- A DOCTOR-APPROVED NATURAL FORMULA. Seventeen potent ingredients, each scientifically proven to have a significant effect at helping balance your glucose levels, improve glucose sensitivity, protect delicate cells from free radicals, and energy
- HIGH POTENCY. PureHealth Research experts scientifically enhance CHROMIUM with the Vitamin C, E, Mulberry Leaf, Bitter Melon, Cinnamon, L-Taurine, Berberin and other ingredients which are proven to help you support healthy blood glucose levels
- ONE CAPSULE DAILY, THREE BENEFITS: supports healthy sugar and carb absorption, supports insulin levels, supports cardiovascular health
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency support for 365 days a year; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health; daily support for healthy blood glucose levels, 365 days a year
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
Last update on 2022-06-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API