What is grapefruit seed extract?
It’s important for you to know what these seeds can do to improve your health. I want to discuss and show you what the grapefruit seed extract benefits are and also the benefits of the grape seed extract. These are extracts that provide numerous health benefits and can help you become much healthier. While these two are completely different, they do have the similarities as far as the health benefits. Let’s begin with grapefruit seed extract.
The power of grapefruit seed extract
Phytochemicals and nutrients are very abundant in grapefruit seed extract. (From here on in I may refer to it as GPFE). GPFE are an excellent source of plant antioxidants. In addition it contains citric acid, trace minerals, and vitamin C.
First off, grapefruits themselves are very healthy citrus fruits. They are a wonderful source of antioxidants, fiber, pectin, potassium, and vitamin C. Health issues such as weight loss, hardening of the arteries, high cholesterol, and certain skin issues can be addressed by drinking grapefruit juice.
Now for years GFSE has been consumed as “medicine” in treating fungal, yeast, viral and bacterial infections. It can also work for a nasal rinse or an ear rinse to help treat and prevent infections as well.
The power of grape seed extract
Grapes are a very healthy fruit. I enjoy the red grapes and they have resveratrol which has anti cancer properties. Grape seed extract (GSE) has the ability to keep the swelling from an injury to a minimum, speeding up the healing time from a wound or infection, decrease your cholesterol levels, and helps control your poor blood circulation too.
So there are some very powerful properties of grape seed extract that you can benefit from. What does GSE contain and why is it so important? It contains something called polyphenols which are phytochemicals, that are really just the compounds that protect the plants from peril in nature and also give them their colors. These are usually found in berries and grape seeds. Polyphenols are just about the most important nutrient for your body according to a great deal of nutritionists and physicians as well.
Grapefruit and grape seed extract diabetes testing
Studies have been done in China and have shown that grape seed extract supplements lower blood sugar in patients with diabetes. It also increased HDL good cholesterol levels and decreased LDL bad cholesterol levels.
The reason for this was said to be the result of phtyonutrients such as flavanoids present in the extracts. It’s another reason that you should be taking the grapefruit seed extract and the grape seed extract to help lower your sugar and control your diabetes.
Health benefits of grapefruit seed extract
- The immune system. Your immune system couldn’t be helped more than with the nutrients in GFSE such as minerals, flavonoids, citric acid, and vitamin C. This helps build an exceptionally stronger immune system that aids in preventing illnesses, diseases, and especially conditions that can be critical against your life.
- Weight loss. Research was done in one hundred people found that the people who ate grapefruit three times a day or who took GFSE of 500 mg three times a day resulted in a three pound weight loss during a three month period. Not a lot you say? It’s three pounds you didn’t have to work as hard at losing than without GFSE.
- Bad breath fighter. Hmm, bad breath? Easy cure. Adding a few drops of GFSE to water and gargling can cure that. If the taste is a bit much for you, then mix it with something that will help. For me, I mix it with diet fruit juice with no sugar.
- Cholesterol. You can help lower your cholesterol with a flavonoid contained inside GFSE.
- Pectin. You can greatly reduce your chances of developing coronary heart disease because of its’ high levels of grapefruit seed extract. Oranges, plums, apples, pears, and other citrus fruits contain large amounts of pectin as well.
- Anti cancer. Because of its’ antioxidants and colon cancer cells treated with GFSE, there was less of a chance of dying.
- Stomach ulcers. Grapefruit seed extract when taken once a day with juice or water is able to aid in the healing of stomach ulcers. If there isn’t a feeling of irritation, then you can up the dosage to two or then at some point even three daily.
- Irritations of your skin. If you have a rather mild episode of a skin irritation, GFSE can be helpful in treating as long as you dilute it somewhat. Applying without diluting will make it worse than you originally felt.
- The common cold. To help with getting colds during the winter, you want to avoid dehydration and lessen the chances of getting a cold and the severity of it if you do get it and also headaches. Do this by taking between five and fifteen drops of GFSE to water fruit or vegetable juice two or three times daily.
- Diarrhea. None of us like diarrhea and the faster we address it, the better. GFSE with water is a fast way to remedy this situation.
- Lyme disease. Many patients with Lyme disease have had very good experiences with taking GFSE to treat Lyme disease. You need to only take between two and four drops mixed with water a day.
- Acne. After you are done washing and cleaning your face, you’ll want to take the GFSE and rub it into your face in circular motion. You’ll actually feel the properties in the GFSE killing the bacteria. It’s a bit of a tingling feeling.
- Sinus infection. These are no fun. Very painful and totally annoying. Mixing a few drops of GFSE with a touch of salt and distilled water. If you have a neti pot, you can use it to help you clean and wash out your sinuses. Two to three times a day for about seven days should do the trick.
- Overgrowth of candida. GFSE is highly beneficial for fighting off candida by killing off the yeast cells that cause it in your intestines. Since candida is alkaline, GFSE is acidic and aids your stomach in returning your stomach to a natural ph level.
- The pains of pregnancy. The terrible pain endured throughout pregnancy can be helped with GFSE. It’s wonderful for morning sickness. Just take between five and ten drops of grapefruit seed extract and mix it with water and take every morning.
Health benefits of grape seed extract
- Risk of clogged arteries decreases. The flavonoids in grapes are responsible for lowering the bad cholesterol or LDL in your body and have a positive effect on your body. So by lowering the cholesterol you have less of a risk of your arteries becoming clogged. Preventing your arteries from getting blocked is definitely a good thing.
- Wounds heal faster. Your cells are able to preserve moisture and improve the surrounding protection or “barrier” of the cells because of GSE. You can use a topical cream with GSE and this aids in the reduction of scars as well. You want your wounds to heal as fast as possible.
- Bone strength. If you’ve got a low level of calcium, then adding grape seed extract can have a very beneficial effect on your calcium levels to aid improving the strength of your bones. You want strong bones especially when you get older.
- Blood pressure. The high levels of flavonoids assist in controlling your blood pressure by relaxing your blood vessels and arteries. High blood pressure leads to heart disease and many other ailments.
- Inflammation. GSE decreases inflammation in your body.
- Kills bacteria. It is anti bacterial and anything that helps in killing bacteria is better for your health.
- Anti-aging. GSE is wonderful for the health of your skin and improves the tissues and fibers and aids in preserving the flexibility of your joints, skin, and arteries. Anything that will make me look and feel younger, count me in!
- Edema. Grape seed extract is excellent in the reduction of edema (swelling) than can occur due to injuries or even surgeries that you might have had.
- Night vision. As you get older you may have problems with night vision. Grape seed extract can be a health benefit for night vision. Antioxidants in grape seeds protect cells in the retina. Your retina is accountable for your ability to see when conditions are not as light as usual and your retina has the ability for you to differentiate colors.
Taking the supplements
- First of all when you are looking to purchase grapefruit or grape seed extract, read the labels. You want about 300 mg a day. I take on a regular basis. Check with your doctor BEFORE you take anything.
- GFSE and GSE work well with other vitamins and supplements. Vitamin E and vitamin C aid in the absorption of GFSE and GSE.
DISCLAIMER: Please note that the FTC and FDA require that you are aware that the content that is shared in this article is for educational and informational purposes only. No statements or products that are discussed in this article have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and they are not intended to treat, prevent, cure, or diagnose any illness or disease. I ask that you please always consult your own physician or certified health care practitioner before taking anything or by changing to your current diet plan or before beginning or adding any vitamin supplement plan or any exercise program.
The natural ways
I always look to treat anything such as diabetes in a natural way. Medications can help you temporarily. But it’s eating healthy, exercising, seeing your doctor regularly, and having your labs done that’s important. Grapefruit seed extract and grape seed extract both have properties that are excellent for your health. They are beneficial in fighting diabetes too because they can help lower your blood sugar.
The purpose of my article is to hopefully help you with your health. Anything that can help lose weight, fight diabetes, cancer, blood circulation, and the many other issues that we come up against in life, we should consider in bringing them into our lives. As always, I hope that I have helped you because that is my goal here. While grapefruit seed extract may help to lower your blood sugar, it may not be enough for you if your numbers are higher. For something that’s more powerful, this is what works best! If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below. I would appreciate it and will answer you as soon as possible. Thank you for reading!