Calories and Diabetes are truly connected. Too many calories means added weight and this affects your diabetes. A calorie is simply a measure of energy in food. So do you know how many calories to eat to lose weight? Basically, One pound of fat is about 3,500 calories.
A safe weight loss for you would be 1-2 pounds per week. You have to reduce your caloric intake by 500 calories a day in order to lose 1 pound a week. Less calories means losing weight and lowering your blood sugar.
Why is Less Calories Good for Diabetics?
These figures also depend on your weight, activity levels, age, height, and others. In a nutshell, in order to lose weight more calories must leave your body than what you take in. So you want to know what your caloric intake is every day.
And you want to watch what you eat because eating more simple carbohydrates and not enough protein will give you hunger pains and the urge to eat more and that’s not what you want to lose weight.
More Protein | Less Carbs
The benefits of eating more protein are cutting your cravings, reducing your appetite substantially and in turn you’re burning more calories which results in weight loss. Out of all the nutrients protein is number one when it comes to losing weight.
One of the worst things to deal with when trying to lose weight is the cravings. It can drive you up a wall! I was eating all the bad carbs that kept me craving for more sugar. Little did I know that it was so bad to eat that way.
Protein fills you up more and you have less cravings and hunger pains than if you eat simple carbohydrates. You will actually eat 30 % less calories and consume 400-500 calories less each day. That’s a great start to eating healthy and weight loss at the same time.
This change will not have you thinking about food as much and it cuts down on the snacks at night. You shouldn’t be eating anything two hours before bedtime anyway.
Goodbye to any Drinks with Sugar
First of all, you don’t want excess sugar to begin with because it leads to diabetes, not to mention that it’s not good for your body anyway. I remember reading that a 12 oz. can of soda contains TEN teaspoons of sugar! Are you kidding me? Folks, let’s think about what we’re doing before we do it from now on,ok? Fruit juices are loaded with sugar. This leads to diabetes!
Read the labels on everything before you buy them. Yogurt is good for you but some yogurts have too much sugar in them for me. Buy lite yogurt or greek yogurt. Just read the labels. Orange juice, chocolate milk, and sodas have too much sugar.
So the sugar intake is bad. What about the calories? If you’re going to lose weight and get healthy you have to read every label for the calories as well. If you’re going to stay on a 2000 calorie a day diet, you might as well get the calories from the healthy foods and not the refined sugary junk foods. I opt for diet fruit juice drinks that have no sugar with less calories.
We all know that we should be drinking plenty of water. You can’t tell me that you didn’t know this. Your body needs eight 8 oz glasses of water a day. But if you drink two-8 oz glasses of water 20 – 30 minutes before meals, you could lose over 40% more weight over a three month period.
It will curb your hunger and therefore you will eat less calories. Caffeine drinks can also help with losing weight by boosting your metabolism but too much caffeine is not good so be careful.
Water is one of if not the the most important elements in the your body. Every cell in your body needs water to function properly. Our bodies are made up of approximately 60% water. Water affects every part of your body and the last thing you want to be is dehydrated for so many reasons.
Have an urge for a snack? Drink 8 oz of water instead. You’ll get used to it and it will help you immensely in losing weight and watching your calories.
Reducing your Calories
This is not just about counting calories and losing weight, right? Of course not. This is a temporary solution to a permanent problem. You’ll be eating a specific amount of calories to lose weight but not the same to maintain the weight.
So how many calories do you need to eat to lose weight? For women it’s approximately 2000 a day to maintain and 1500 to lose one pound each week. Men, it’s about 2,500 a day to stay the same and 2000 a week to lose the pound.
This is based on your general current weight, height, and the amount of your activity. So ladies, if you eat 2,500 calories and guys if you each 3,000 calories a day you will gain the weight back so once you meet your goal make it a habit of sticking to the numbers you need to stay at without gaining the weight back. This is a permanent lifestyle change.
Permanent Diet Changes
If we sit down and write down our goals it’s much easier. Write down your goal weight, how many calories you will consume each day of the week and keep track. Know exactly what you will be drinking. I know water may be boring and let me tell you I never used to drink much water at all either.
The only way I can drink it is if it’s ice cold. But I now drink more water than anything else. Diet fruit juice with no sugar and low calories is my second choice. Drinks: read the labels!
I will mention that your diet should include carbohydrates but only complex carbohydrates not simple carbs. I think we all know how good our fruits and veggies are for us. It took me a long time to like and eat more than two or three vegetables because I hated them a kid.
Vegetables that you want to eat are leafy greens such as broccoli, spinach, green beans, lettuce, kale, to name a few. Protein is the king here and by eating fish, turkey and chicken, and lean red meats you will get the required protein that you need.
Resize your Portions
Have you ever gone to a restaurant and the dinner comes and the plate size is HUGE? Ok, I’m guilty of always finishing what’s on my plate. Mom used to tell us to belong to the “clean plate club!” Ok, no excuses for blaming mom. It’s our decision not to finish it. It’s actually very simple.
Have them bring a smaller portion, share it with whoever you’re with, or only eat half and wrap the rest. And remember this: eat when you’re hungry and stop when you’re full.
Slow down. What’s the rush? My mom was the slowest eater I ever saw and she didn’t have a weight problem. It takes your brain a shorter time to realize you’re full if you chew and swallow much slower. Again, having 8 oz. of water before meals is a big help in giving you that full feeling. This way there’s less of a chance that you will overeat and pack on extra calories.
Exercise, what’s that?
Ok, if that means you don’t know what it is because you don’t do any, then you better start now. LOL I don’t really have to get into too many details about exercise and how much you do and to what degree it helps you. But I will say this: ANY exercise helps. The more you do and the greater the intensity, the more success you will accomplish. Your body will benefit from exercise.
I believe the only way to do exercise is to do something that you like and doesn’t feel like exercise. I go the the gym. Treadmill and a few machines is about what I do. I’m not into bodybuilding and you don’t have to be either. It’s all about getting off your butt and burning those calories. You can eat a little more if you’re burning off a little more. But stick to the goal.
I like bike riding. It was always fun from the time I started riding as a kid. Burning calories while doing something I enjoy works for me. Walking is the best and easiest exercising to do. Listen, it’s all about getting off our butts and moving. The more you move and the more intense, the better it is for you in losing weight and staying healthy.
Nothing Tastes Better than how Skinny Feels
This is so true. Diets can help you lose weight. But a permanent “diet” lifestyle change is what really works. Have you ever lost weight and looked in the mirror or had to buy smaller clothes or had people compliment you? These are awesome feelings.
But you know what’s even better than that? You learning a new healthy eating and exercising lifestyle so that you never have to “diet” again.
I’ve been there with the losing weight and gaining it back. You go from a high feeling to the lowest feeling. I’m sure that some of you have to. I look at this way. It’s mind over matter. If you don’t mind then it doesn’t matter. Don’t be this way anymore. Mind because it DOES matter.
Don’t let calories be the enemy. They can make you or break you. Which do you want? They’ve been winning. Now it’s your turn. You can find the best calorie apps here.
Calories and Diabetes are two things that should be looked at because one affects the other. It is important for helping keep your weight down and also your blood sugar as well. Calories are the key in losing weight and losing weight also helps your blood sugar. Calories and diabetes are important because the less calories you consume, the better it is for your diabetes.
I hope that you’ve gained some knowledge in changing your eating lifestyle and how to eat the right number of calories for you to lose and maintain your weight.
- FAST RESULTS – Get results in as little as 5 seconds.
- NO CODING – Our monitors recognize batch codes encrypted on each test strip, so there is no need for you to manually insert any code with each new batch.
- HYGIENIC STRIP EJECTION – Our state-of-the-art monitoring system includes a single touch strip ejection, so you no longer have to worry about manually removing the soiled strip.
- MEMORY – Keep a survey of your health using the memory storage capable of saving up to 300 readings, while also keeping a continuous 14-day average.
- Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit – Care Touch Blood Glucose Meter, 100 Blood Test Strips, 1 Lancing Device, 30 gauge Lancets-100 count and Carrying Case
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight loss and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
- Excellent Accuracy: metene TD-4116 blood glucose meter and strips are produced with industry-leading chips and biosensor, equipped with industry-leading technologies, conducive to get accurate and reliable measurements
- No Coding: The blood sugar meter gets into measure status automatically once insert the blood sugar test strip to the bottom of the slot, easy to use and easy to read with large display for the senior
- Fast and Reduce Pain: This blood glucose monitor takes just 7s and 0.7µl blood to get the glucose value; The lancing device has 5 depth options to minimize wound and reduce pain
- Better Data Management: This glucometer stores the newest 450 blood glucose values and display the continuous 14/21/28/60/90 day average; the measurements could be exported with windows-based software; help you track and manage your blood glucose better
- Diabetes Testing Kit 207 Piece Set: 100 glucometer strips, 100 30G lancets, 1 blood sugar meter, 1 lancing device, 1 control solution, 2 batteries, 1 protective wallet and 1 user manual; Please feel free to contact us if any problem when using this Diabetes testing kit
- Support cardiovascular health & blood sugar levels with the PurePremium blood sugar support dietary supplement, which contains essential vitamins, minerals and herbs.
- Support healthy glucose metabolism by adding our all-natural heart health supplement to your diet. Our advanced cardiovascular support capsules contain cinnamon, mulberry, vitamin c, vitamin e, magnesium, zinc, licorice root extract and manganese.
- Support blood cholesterol levels and make sure that your heart is healthy and strong. Support healthy insulin function and bolster your immune system against harmful free radicals.
- Our easy-to-swallow capsules support healthy glucose levels and your metabolism at the same time.
- Formulated in the USA. Every PurePremium product comes from an inspected, and GMP certified facility right here in the USA.
- INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS. Insufficient blood applied to test strip will result in wrong readings. Please hold the lancing device firmly against your fingertip for enough sample. Watch our instructional videos in our listings to optimize your testing results. Our friendly customer support will always be here to answer your questions and help to resolve your concerns. (30 Day Money Back Guarantee)
- EXCEEDS INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS. AUVON BGMs can function within ±10%, or ±10 mg/dl of laboratory values over 95% of the time, which is far beyond ISO 15197:2013 passing standard (within ±15% or ±15 mg/dl). The manufacturer is certified with CE mark, GMP, ISO 13485:2016, and ISO 15197:2013 without having any recall on the market in the past 14 years.
- CUTTING-EDGE TEST STRIPS. We use cutting-edge test strips enzymes for blood glucose measurements. Our test strips are produced with unique Automatic Carbon Printing Technique to ensure that the quality of each batch of strips could be relevantly much more stable, precise and accurate. Additionally, PROMISED 0.15USD/pcs would keep you no pressure to repurchase.
- KEEP TRACK OF DATA. Store your test results with time and date helps you track and manage your health while also keeping a continuous 7/14/30 average results. Automatic off means our device works longer without having to worry about wasting battery life.
- ALL IN ONE: 1 x AUVON DS-W Blood Glucose Monitor, 1 x battery, 50 x Blood Test Strips, 50 x 30 gauge Lancets, 1 x Lancing device, 1 x Meter User Guide, 1 x Test Strip User Guide, Our Exclusive Lifetime Warranty and Technical Support and Friendly Customer Service.
Last update on 2021-05-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API