Cereal is a good choice for breakfast, especially for diabetics. But it all depends on just what cereal you choose. You do NOT want cereals loaded with sugar for sure. Cereal together with other healthy breakfast foods such as eggs, will start your day off right. Whole wheat and granolas are healthy for you and I want to present to you the 5 Best Cereals for Diabetes.
Why is Cereal a Good Breakfast Choice?
Being diabetic, you should be concerned about eating certain foods and that includes cereal. Because normally cereal can increase your blood sugar levels because of their high carbohydrates. But when you choose the correct cereals as I am presenting to you here, then you shouldn’t worry about high levels of carbs and sugars.
As long as you eat the correct cereals, you’ll be fine. The fact is you want to have cereals that are low on the glycemic index so as to not raise your blood sugar levels. In this article, I will discuss which types of cereal are the best for you as a diabetic.
Here’s a Quick View of the 5 Best Cereals for Diabetes:
1) Diabetic Kitchen Cinnamon Pecan Granola Cereal
Diabetic Kitchen’s Cinnamon Pecan Granola Cereal is the most popular breakfast cereal. Since its launch a few years ago, Diabetes Kitchen Cinnamon Pecan Granola Cereal has risen to some of the most famous and largest cereal brands in the United States.
Diabetic Kitchen’s Cinnamon Pecan Granola Cereal contains 3g net carbohydrates, no added sugar, ketone friendly, low carb, gluten-free, no fibre, no artificial sweeteners or sugar alcohols, and is the most abundant fatty acid in all food ingredients. These fatty acids fight inflammation and protect the heart and immune system.
Diabetes Kitchen’s Cinnamon Pecan Granola Cereal is designed for diabetics, gluten intolerant people and people interested in healthy food alternatives. No added sugar, gluten-free, high-fibre, low-carb and keto-friendly, and no artificial sweeteners or sugar alcohols. Nuts, seeds, brown rice and prebiotic fibre can help you maintain ketosis.
Usually, you may feel guilty because you are addicted to this delicacy. But not anymore, because it is okay to indulge with this cereal and you will feel great! You can enjoy it every day! And all day long! Because it’s not just breakfast, it’s a great snack all day long!
- Tastes good
- Does not increase blood sugar level as other cereals do
- Great low-carb
- Rich in healthy fats
- Small portion size
- Can be expensive
2) Nature’s Path Organic Love Crunch Premium Granola, Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter
Nature’s Path organic loves crunch premium granola, dark chocolate peanut butter has your favorite taste, and is made with whole-grain oatmeal, real Italian dark chocolate and real roasted peanuts.
As a delicious breakfast option and a convenient carry-on snack, it is the perfect choice for your desire for a mixture of sweet and savoury! Nature’s Path organic loves crunch premium granola, dark chocolate peanut butter is USDA certified, so you can’t find any artificial preservatives, colorings or flavors in the granola.
The farmers also do not use artificial fertilizers, synthetic pesticides, radiation or genetic engineering ingredients.
Nature’s Path organic love crunch premium granola, dark chocolate peanut butter is made from organic grated dry roasted peanuts and has a rich creamy flavour.
Granola comes with a unique and memorable mixture of organic peanut butter and chocolate-coated cereal flakes. This granola can be a delightful topping for your favorite ice cream.
The organic seal on the packaging can be regarded as a sign of harmony with nature, which can reduce your body and the earth’s exposure to toxic synthetic chemicals and GMO.
- Crunchy and delicious cereal clusters
- Enjoyable for breakfast or an indulgent snack
- May be a bit too sweet for breakfast
3) Quaker Simply Granola Oats, Honey, & Almonds
Quaker Simply Granola, oatmeal honey and almonds provide a delicious way to start a new day. Its characteristic are almonds, which is satisfying and sweetened with honey, it has a strong flavor.
It is ideal for milk, but it can also be eaten dry as part of a mixed feed. It is a whole grain, not too high in calories, and contains fiber. It tastes good when eaten alone or with added various flavors
Oats and honey are like oats and honey. Some flavor combinations are difficult to improve. Now you can enjoy all the deliciousness of this perfect taste duo Quaker Simply Granola, Oatmeal Honey and Almonds.
This crunchy combination food with almond flakes is great no matter whether it is hot or cold, and might make you want breakfast for every meal.
Add the saltiness of granola to your daily yogurt or cheese. Oatmeal, honey, raisins and almonds can add a pleasant flavor to your favorite breakfast, or you can enjoy it alone as a healthy snack.
- Better price deal
- Excellent source of fiber
- No artificial flavors or added colors
- The texture can be improved a lot
- Possible gas and bloating
4) Wildway Vegan, Paleo, Gluten-free Granola
For those of us who are eager to enjoy a sweet moment in the morning but do not want to add sugar or whole grains to start our day, here comes the Wildway Vegan, Paleo, Gluten-free Granola. Fruit is the first ingredient in wildway Vegan, Paleo, Gluten-free Granola and a source of natural sweet energy.
This granola has a soft chewy nature against a rich background of nuts, seeds and spices. Overall, it is even heavier than your regular cereal-only 1/2 cup of the packaged nutrients. Yes, it is relatively high in calories, nut fat and fruit sugar, but also high in plant-based protein.
Overall, this is a very comprehensive start of the day trip! It is also a good snack in the afternoon when hunger is low.
Wildway Vegan, Paleo, Gluten-free Granola contains a balance of nuts, seeds and dried fruits. Each ingredient provides our body with macronutrients and micronutrients. Certain micronutrients in fruits are fat-soluble, so our body depends on fat sources (such as nuts or seeds) to absorb these vitamins and minerals.
By incorporating multiple food sources into our diet, we can provide our bodies with the fuel needed to store and create energy.
- More affordable
- Contains a balance of micronutrients and macronutrients
- The texture is not crunchy
- Not a low-calorie cereal
5) Power Up Trail Mix 100% Natural
Power Up Trail Mix 100% Natural insists that good health and deliciousness should always go hand in hand. Power Up Trail Mix 100% Natural is made of carefully selected raw materials and packaged in high-quality small-batch mixtures to provide the nutrients your body needs to keep your body healthy.
Use 100% natural Power Up Trail Mix to pick healthy snacks anytime, anywhere, for a better way to get extra stimulation and make the most of your day! Very suitable for snacks on the go. Power Up Trail Mix 100% Natural is an important source of Omega-3.
It contains walnuts, dried mangoes, almonds, cranberries, and pumpkin seeds. All-natural, vegetarian and gluten-free.
Three meals a day are no longer the only required. For the body to perform its best function, our body needs to maintain a consistent energy level throughout the day. Let’s face it, sugary candies, suspicious supplements and artificial boosters are not the answer.
Power Up Trail Mix 100% Natural provides the nutrition and satisfaction your body and taste buds crave. Therefore, enhance the efficiency of snacks and make the most of your day.
- All-natural snack combo
- Delicious and portioned for convenience
- Perfectly boost energy throughout the day.
- Irrationally expensive
- Tastes a bit sweet
Bonus Cereal Choice:
Why Oatmeal is an awesome choice for Breakfast too. It provides you with these benefits:
- Immune System
- More Energy
- Weight Loss
- Intensify Sleep Quality
- Heart Disease
- Bone Health
- Itchy Skin
- Blood Pressure
- Combat Cancer
- Moisturize Your Skin
- Formation of Hemoglobin
- Your Mood
- Better Vision
Type 2 Diabetics who want to have cereal whether as breakfast or as a snack should be proactive and should follow these guidelines strictly:
- Pick bran or whole grain cereal as in my article here.
- Check your blood sugar levels regularly.
- Choose a healthy and well-balanced diet.
- Choose portion sizes wisely.
- Limit foods with high levels of carbs and sugar.
- Eat foods that are low on the glycemic index chart.
- Limit your caloric intake by keeping track daily.
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes daily.
So there you have the 5 Best Cereals for Diabetes. You can always mix and match, but these cereals are healthy for you as a diabetic. Here are some other breakfast foods for you. Start your day off with a healthy breakfast because after all, it is the most important meal of the day!
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Rothchild, Sascha (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 336 Pages - 04/19/2022 (Publication Date) - G.P. Putnam's Sons (Publisher)
- ✅ QUICK AND EASY TO USE: Care Touch blood sugar test kit delivers results in only 5 seconds with just a 0.5µL blood sample. There is no programming needed since our blood sugar monitor kit automatically recognizes batch codes encrypted on Care Touch glucose test strips. Our state-of-the-art glucometer kit with strips and lancets includes single-touch strip ejection, so you can hygienically remove used diabetic test strips.
- ✅ EASY DIABETIC MONITORING: The blood sugar monitor kit with strips is capable of saving up to 300 readings. The blood glucose test kit also provides a continuous 14-day average of your readings, making glucose monitoring easy for you and your healthcare provider.
- ✅ PORTABLE AND HASSLE-FREE: The diabetic testing kit comes with a handy glucometer case, which means you can check your blood sugar level at home or anywhere else while staying organized. The 10-depth lancing device and lancets will help make blood sugar testing almost painless and hassle-free.
- ✅ COMPLETE DIABETIC SET: The glucose meter kit with strips and lancets includes: (1) Care Touch Blood Sugar Meter, (100) Blood Glucose Test Strips for diabetes, (1) Lancing Device, (100) Lancets for diabetes testing, (1) 3 Volt Lithium Battery, (1) Glucose meter case for your blood sugar tester and diabetic supplies
- ✅ WE CARE BECAUSE YOU CARE: You care about your health, and we care about you. Care Touch is committed to providing the best quality blood glucose monitoring systems. Our care doesn’t end when your sugar tester diabetes kit arrives at your door. We’re fully dedicated to your satisfaction. If you have any questions or concerns about your glucose monitor kit with strips and lancets - contact us at any time.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- PUREHEALTH RESEARCH - Blood Sugar Formula 3 Bottles
- MANUFACTURED in the USA! 365-DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!
- A DOCTOR-APPROVED NATURAL FORMULA. Seventeen potent ingredients, each scientifically proven to have a significant effect at helping balance your glucose levels, improve glucose sensitivity, protect delicate cells from free radicals, and energy
- HIGH POTENCY. PureHealth Research experts scientifically enhance CHROMIUM with the Vitamin C, E, Mulberry Leaf, Bitter Melon, Cinnamon, L-Taurine, Berberin and other ingredients which are proven to help you support healthy blood glucose levels
- ONE CAPSULE DAILY, THREE BENEFITS: supports healthy sugar and carb absorption, supports insulin levels, supports cardiovascular health
- Scientifically formulated; great care was put into combining just the right amount of 20 different ingredients into a premium formula designed to support healthy blood sugar levels
- High potency support for 365 days a year; the unique combination in this blend is crafted to help support healthy glucose absorption and glucose production by your body; contains Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Yarrow, Licorice, Cayenne, Banaba, Guggul, Bitter Melon, Juniper Berry, White Mulberry, L-Taurine & more
- One capsule twice a day, five benefits; (1) supports normal blood sugar levels; (2) supports weight control and energy; (3) supports healthy sugar and carb absorption; (4) supports insulin levels; (5) supports heart health; daily support for healthy blood glucose levels, 365 days a year
- Reliable; made in a GMP certified facility in America and third party safety tested for purity
- Great value for money; 120 vegetarian capsules for a 60 days supply
Last update on 2022-06-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
4 thoughts on “5 Best Cereals for Diabetes – How to Start Breakfast”
My grandma is going to love me for this article. She just recently was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and it’s a shame because now she really has to monitor everything she eats because it’ll be dangerous for her if she doesn’t. And, I know it’s weird, but she loves cereal and I feel so bad that she has to let go of it. BUT from what I’ve read here, that will no longer be necessary!!! Thank youuuuuuyuu for this
Hey Misael 🙂 I hope that your grandma loves you despite this article! I’m sorry to hear that she was just diagnosed with diabetes and yes it is a shame but necessary to monitor everything that she eats and to monitor her blood sugar levels regularly.
And of course she has to watch what she eats but cereal in general is good to eat, you just want to make sure that you do not eat cereals loaded with sugar and carbs.
So with cereals, it’s the same with any other food. Read the labels, know what you’re eating and don’t overindulge.
Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate it 🙂
YUMMM! I love granola and these choices sound and look yummy!! I have eaten the Love Crunch granola many a time! I love to eat it with coconut yogurt, berries, chia seeds and flaxmeal! So yummy! I will also eat this granola as a snack or when I want something with chocolate in it! Just so good!
The Quaker granola would be one I would choose last. Don’t get me wrong, it tastes good, but it has the most preservatives in it. I try and avoid as many preservatives as possible.
This was a really great review of some really yummy cereals!
Thanks for sharing!
Hi Anna 🙂 thank you so much and I appreciate it! I wanted to provide the easiest way possible for someone to understand about blood sugar and how long it takes to lower it.
When you have diabetes it’s important to know everything about it and how it affects your health and what you can do in certain circumstances such as the time it takes for your blood sugar to go down.
I’m sorry but I don’t know the answer to your question to be honest. I think you would have to ask your physician or Google it because I’m not sure.
Thanks for sharing! I appreciate it 🙂