Your blood pressure is vital for your health, especially when you have diabetes! It’s very important to make sure that your blood pressure is in the normal range. In the best blood pressure monitor review I will provide all the ins & outs of the Omron-5 monitor. Take a few minutes and see what you think of my Best Blood Pressure Monitor Review. I get a lot of use from mine.
Review of the Omron BP742N 5 Series Monitor
- Product: Omron BP742N 5 Series Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
- Item model number: BP742N
- Warranty: 3 year
- Personal rating: 9.5 out of 10
BP Level Bar Displays How Your Reading Compares to Normal Home Blood Pressure Levels:
- Advanced Averaging automatically displays the average of up to the last three readings taken within the last 10 minutes
- Wide-Range D-Ring contoured cuff wraps the arm for a more comfortable measurement, fits standard and large adult arm circumferences from 9 to 17 inches
- Two user mode with 100 memory storage allows two users to track their readings with 50 memory storage for each person with date & time stamp
- Irregular heartbeat detector detects and alerts you of irregular heartbeats while your blood pressure is being measured
- Cuff fits arms from 9″-17″
- #1 blood pressure monitor recommended by pharmacists and doctors
- Includes two user modes to be shared with another user
- One button starter operation
- Increased memory storage for keeping track of last 100 readings for more than just one person
- Quick alert if irregular heartbeat is detected
- Will read your last three readings over ten minutes automatically
- Wide range D-ring cuff for comfortable fit
- Instruction manual with quick start guide
- Includes 4 AA batteries
Omron 5 Pros:
- Extremely accurate
- Large digital display screen
- Designed for comfort
- Shows a BP indicator for risks
- Separate readings stored for multiple users
- Function for data averaging
- Compact and portable
- Excellent for using at home and also very accurate.
- Easy to read
- Very easy to use and without another’s help.
- Easy to adjust for different arm sizes.
Omron 5 Cons:
- Some report occasional inaccurate readings
- Difficult to adapt for people with thin hands
- Wireless connection to app isn’t reliable
Watch the Video Below on How to Operate the Omron 5
Importance of Checking Your Blood Pressure
Your blood pressure is important because the higher your blood pressure is, your risk increases for further health problems down the road such as diabetes. Keeping your pressure down can help keep your diabetes at bay. Diabetes and high blood pressure do not mix!
When you have high blood pressure, it increases strain on your heart and your arteries. Over a period of time, this strain can cause your arteries to become to become thicker and less flexible, and at the same time weakening them. You don’t want this to happen.
If your arteries should become less flexible and thicker then they will become narrower, which will make them more likely to become clogged up. If an artery becomes completely clogged up, or clotted, this can lead to a stroke, dementia, heart attack, or kidney disease and more.
In extreme rare cases, if your artery has become weakened, the extra strain may eventually lead to the artery bursting. This can also cause a heart attack or stroke. You do NOT want this. CHECK your blood pressure! Make sure you che